iOS 7 Dev Beta 2.0 info and Bug discussion (Now Available OTA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
iOS 7 Developer Beta 2 is out via OTA at this time...

To update from Beta 1 just go to Settings - General - Software Update - Download & Install

[NOTE]To report any bugs not mentioned in the Notes and Known Issues section, use the Apple Bug Reporter on the Apple Developer website (http://developer.apple.com/bugreporter/). Additionally, you may discuss these issues and iOS SDK 7.0 in the Apple Developer Forums:http://devforums.apple.com. To get more information about iCloud for Developers, go to http://developer.apple.com/icloud.
[/NOTE]

[INFO]
  • Be sure to backup your devices using iTunes 11 or later or through iCloud backup prior to installing iOS beta. After installing iOS beta, you can restore your device using either iTunes 11 or later through your iCloud backup.
  • To determine the proper download for your iPhone 5, click here. To determine the proper download for your iPad (4th generation) or iPad mini, click here.
  • This version of iOS is intended only for installation on development devices registered with Apple's Developer Program. Attempting to install this version of iOS in an unauthorized manner could put your device in an unusable state, which could necessitate an out of warranty repair.
[/INFO]

Use this thread for findings and discussion.

Thanks

Last edited:

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
This is a test to see if they fixed the scrolling feature typing in comments on this site. Nope...not fixed. Further testing for other bugs.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Nice to see they made it OTA. I remember the iOS 6 betas not being OTA.
I could be mistaken.

Edit: I'm very mistaken. I think the only one that didn't get OTA was the last
beta to GM.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Nice to see they made it OTA. I remember the iOS 6 betas not being OTA.
I could be mistaken.

Edit: I'm very mistaken. I think the only one that didn't get OTA was the last
beta to GM.

You're mistaken.

I wish there was a way to delete updated apps in the App Store. Yes thanks I know I updated youtube the other day...now let me delete that history.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
You're mistaken.

I wish there was a way to delete updated apps in the App Store. Yes thanks I know I updated youtube the other day...now let me delete that history.

I turned off the auto-update on iOS 7 and it still didn't solve that annoying a$$ problem
for me either. I'm with you. I don't need to be reminded for so long that I updated an
app 4 days ago. I've moved on.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
So far it seems smoother. Animations are faster (parallax as well as animations behind menus with transparencies). Settings app navigation seems faster also.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Not many changes in the release notes....

Maybe only one main focus in this one..

Yes. Seems they added a voice memo app and fixed the code enough to speed everything up. I hope that helps with battery life.

*Edit* updated Siri voices are now working, and Siri seems faaaaaaster.

Just did some testing. Siri is lightning fast now.

The entire OS is so much smoother. Try the app switcher, its butter now.

moses_1122

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
thats da problem i dont hav a developer account and also my udid is not registered. i jst downgraded back ios 6.1.4...i had ios 7 beta 1 working before widout udid..
. any help on how i cud go to ios 7 beta 2 widout bricking my iphone :/

Shisha Smoker

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, first time on this forum so hello to everyone. iphone 5 64gb 3g with ios 7 beta 2 installed just like a minute ago. most of my apps work just fine except for the one important one messages. the messages app on my phone crashed last week and i cannot start it and send text messages or anything. i can only read my messages through the notification menu. now i have just installed beta 2 hoping that this would solve the problem (thought maybe its just a beta 1's problem) but it has not. the app simply starts and shuts down instantly. i'm startng to think something is wrong with my phone. yesterday i used the backup from the first day of the beta 1 and restored my phone, the messages started to work but no so well and then after a few hours i was back to where i started.
well lets hope beta 3 will fix my problem, or maybe someone here may have encountered the same issue and has a solution. hope to know you all

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
So far so good... going through the new version now...
It's looking good so far, noticeably smoother. I still can't sync to iTunes though. iTunes sits at "waiting for changes..." forever and the phone gets stuck syncing, even if I disconnect it.

*Edit* Aaaaaand it just wiped all my music.... Grrrrrrrrr, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR