I wish Apple would implement swiping between screens in notification centre. I'm not liking having to tap at the top every time I want to change.
    Sekelani Zwambila likes this.
    06-25-2013 04:40 AM
    got another bug. happens most of the time tried hard reboot didnt work.. so heres the bug. aftr using camera u press da home button. try swiping open da notification centre or control center. dey dont open unles u swipe to change da homescreen page atleast once...
    06-25-2013 05:16 AM
    That's indeed a link to the release notes... that you have to be a registered developer and agree to the NDA to read...
    Anyone with an apple id, developer or not can log in and read the notes Keith.

I am not a developer, logged in and can read them no problem
    Premium1 likes this.
    06-25-2013 05:40 AM
    Same here! did it work or not?
    06-25-2013 07:15 AM
    Mine after a good 30 mins is still stuck at start screen - Apple logo and progressing bar (not progressing much actually).

Is this normal?

iTunes does not recognise it yet..
    Did it work man?
    06-25-2013 07:17 AM
    Anyone notice the new developer menu? It wasn't there in b1 (or it was, and I am on crack).
    What developer menu?
    06-25-2013 07:34 AM
    On an iPad3 Wifi - there's a couple things I do daily that iOS7 isn't very good at...

1) Displaying my local paper's PDF version...
    2) Airplay very intermittent..

About to take the iPad back to 6.1.3
    06-25-2013 09:18 AM
    Ya iPad version is a very early build.. Next one should be a bit better.....
    Ipheuria likes this.
    06-25-2013 09:42 AM
    just reporting another bug: my Apple In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic worked fine in beta 1 but are not working so well with beta 2. siri and volume function still work but skipping tracks doesn't.
    06-25-2013 09:59 AM
    got another bug. happens most of the time tried hard reboot didnt work.. so heres the bug. aftr using camera u press da home button. try swiping open da notification centre or control center. dey dont open unles u swipe to change da homescreen page atleast once...
    what the heck is this?

After translating this abomination of the english language, I tried to duplicate the issue and it works fine for me.
    Fausty82 and Jessicalt1 like this.
    06-25-2013 10:33 AM
    Two reasons:
    1. Theres only one AppStore... and it they fill it up with iOS 7 based apps, non-devs with iOS 6 will have issues with apps not working and crashing the "production" environment.
    2. iOS 7 is NOT daily-driver material... the purpose of iOS beta releases is to get the software into the hand of iOS app developers to allow them to work on THEIR apps. Who cares that the eBay app or the Vine app crashes in an iOS beta release except for the eBay app and Vine app developers. Apple doesnt care that Johnny-I-wan-it-early cant run the eBay or the Vine app on their device that is running the iOS beta. Thats NOT the purpose of the beta versions of iOS.
    I know that's not the point but then again I forgot apple makes everything difficult and apps won't work across multiple versions of IoS and they have to change them everytime.
    06-25-2013 10:36 AM
    I know that's not the point but then again I forgot apple makes everything difficult and apps won't work across multiple versions of IoS and they have to change them everytime.
    Apple doesnt "make everything difficult" and theres no widespread issue where "apps wont work across multiple versions of iOS", nor does Apple "change them every time"... however, with that said, Apple does update the API libraries from time to time in new versions of iOS. When improving the iOS experience, they replace APIs with new versions and/or replace the old way of doing some things with new, better ways, it necessitates changes in how existing apps interface with iOS internals.

If they changed everything every time, apps written for one version of iOS would never work with any new version. Clearly, there are many apps that continue to work fine across multiple versions of iOS. It all depends on what Apple changes from version to version, and how apps interact with the OS.

But to get back to your original question, Apple doesnt allow early release of apps based on the new, still unreleased version of iOS to eliminate problems for the general, non-developer user base. Its all part of managing the experience - something that, arguably, Apple is very good at.
    kch50428 likes this.
    06-25-2013 10:51 AM
    what the heck is this?

After translating this abomination of the english language, I tried to duplicate the issue and it works fine for me.
    Good you understood what he meant, having said that I really hope you realize this forum is also followed by people from all over the world whose first language is not english, they are trying hard and that's ok.
    06-25-2013 10:59 AM
    Looks like Vine app is broken on beta 2. Clips don't play.

Ebay app still broken.

Overall seems snappier. The task switcher is way more stable. Used to be almost instant springboard crash. Now it's usable.
    i guess u have forgotten that its a developer beta which means that 3rd party developers will make their apps compatible for this new OS. why will apple fix the bugs in 3rd party apps .. just wondering
    06-25-2013 10:59 AM
    While still in the Multi-tasking screen or back on home screen?
    06-25-2013 11:01 AM
    what the heck is this?

I think this is what that person is trying to say. After using the multitasking feature to close an app, the notification and control center won't work unless for some reason, you swipe the home screen to another page. I was able to duplicate this. It's not just one app either. I was able to duplicate the bug after closing any app.
    06-25-2013 11:03 AM
    I think this is what that person is trying to say. After using the multitasking feature to close an app, the notification and control center won't work unless for some reason, you swipe the home screen to another page. I was able to duplicate this. It's not just one app either. I was able to duplicate the bug after closing any app.

While still in the Multi-tasking screen or back on home screen?

*Sorry now my reply was out of order since you removed yours.*
    06-25-2013 11:06 AM
    what the heck is this?

Pretty easy to understand.

I'm having the same issue, sometimes swiping down doesn't bring down the Notification Center, likewise with the Control Center unless you change to a different page on the home screen first
    Guacho likes this.
    06-25-2013 11:11 AM
    My Vine app won't upload any video and since IOS7 Beta 2 wont play any videos now either..
    06-25-2013 11:16 AM
    It just fixed on its own with me doing nothing
    06-25-2013 11:31 AM
    Wow is beta 2 snappy. Funny because I was actually happy with the performance of Beta 1 ... They have really done a great job with this, it's usually beta 3 for me that has the big performance boost.
    06-25-2013 11:31 AM
    So far no real bugs except the ones mentioned prior... I have no issues with control center or notifications as others have had.

The only complaint I have is not about the new iOS but the people who use the beta and are then upset their apps do not work. If you wish to risk using a beta on your primary phone, fine.. but please don't complain when 3rd party apps that "cannot be updated yet" won't work for you! Like a friend that got a visible tattoo and now upset that Disney won't hire her. You can't do something that will obviously cause issues and then complain about the issues.
    06-25-2013 11:33 AM
    Unresolved bug: multi task still shows portrait snapshots while in landscape mode. Icone however correctly display according to position of iPhone.

I'm sure this will be fixed in a later beta
    06-25-2013 11:37 AM
    Wow is beta 2 snappy. Funny because I was actually happy with the performance of Beta 1 ... They have really done a great job with this, it's usually beta 3 for me that has the big performance boost.
    Just imagine the improvements come beta3 😃
    06-25-2013 11:39 AM
    Beta 2 is great for me. A few of my previous bugs have been fixed. Siri was respringing my phone - fixed. Lock screen with white wallpaper made screen elements(time, date, etc) illegible - fixed. Instagram issue loading images - fixed (though that wasn't an Apple issue the engineers did ask me for more info). Things seem snappier but music controls through the mic still only happen if the music app is open in the background. Keyboard shortcuts don't work even if they are deleted and added again. Got the task switcher in landscape mode, podcast works but some elements don't respond.
    06-25-2013 12:06 PM
393 ... 56789 ...