iOS 7 Dev Beta 2.0 info and Bug discussion (Now Available OTA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed something strange this morning. I have iOS 7b2 installed on my iPhone 5. My wife has a new iPhone 5 running iOS 6.1.4. We share a primary iCloud account for the purpose of sharing calendars and contacts. After I set up her phone to use our shared iCloud account, I see this behavior:

When I update my settings to show MYSELF as the contact for My Info (Settings / Mail, Contacts, Calendars / My Info), it changes the value on her phone, too. I don’t know if it was always that way, but it certainly is now. If I change My Info on either device, it’s reflected on both devices.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
I just noticed something strange this morning. I have iOS 7b2 installed on my iPhone 5. My wife has a new iPhone 5 running iOS 6.1.4. We share a primary iCloud account for the purpose of sharing calendars and contacts. After I set up her phone to use our shared iCloud account, I see this behavior:

When I update my settings to show MYSELF as the contact for My Info (Settings / Mail, Contacts, Calendars / My Info), it changes the value on her phone, too. I don’t know if it was always that way, but it certainly is now. If I change My Info on either device, it’s reflected on both devices.

Its always been there. Its the same as changing someone else's contact info, it's replicated through iCloud. I'm not sure about shared contacts lists, but you can definitely share calendars even with separate iCloud accounts. A few of my friends and I have a shared calendar to put important events on such as vacations and the such just to keep each other informed.

simoncbradley

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Just my two pen'north, but against most other peoples experiences I am finding Beta 2 much flakier than 1. Had virtually no issues when running 1.
Since Monday, I've had quite a few random reboots
Battery seems poorer and with poor accuracy of indicator (i.e sometimes goes from 100% to 60% in a few mins, sometimes doesn't change for an hour or so, sometime powers completely soon after 20%
eBay app doesn't load, Angry Birds Friends app doesn't load.
Still pretty happy with it for a Beta tho :)

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't agree more about the Safari space bar thing, I always end up hitting the .com button too, ended up going back to Chrome because of it which is a shame, Safari would be perfect if there was an option to hide the .com button when searching!

The music app is majorly bugged, songs randomly start fast forwarding and the only way to get them to stop is a hard reset

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I couldn't agree more about the Safari space bar thing, I always end up hitting the .com button too, ended up going back to Chrome because of it which is a shame, Safari would be perfect if there was an option to hide the .com button when searching!

The music app is majorly bugged, songs randomly start fast forwarding and the only way to get them to stop is a hard reset

I just started using my left thumb to hit space.

doomito

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Here's my experience with the IOS 7 BETA 2. First of all, I was unable to restore a backup. I did 5 restores and tried from iTunes and iCloud. I finally end up setting up as new phone. Then, a couple of hours later it was BRICKED while adding on of our apps.

A couple of 'use' problems:
1) the last contact on the FAVORITE menu is unreacheable. Never clickeable.
2) battery is draining quickly even after disabling almost everything :)
3) apps enabled for location services are listed (reminders for example), and I cannot access them to disable it
4) I cannot DELETE PHOTOS. Super strange. Just clicking on the trash button does nothing.

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
double tapping the home button "should" bring up the keyboard if this happens.

Here is a possible bug. I cannot delete my iCloud account from my iPod Touch 5G. Once I click on the "Delete Account" button, I am asked for my Apple password. However, there is now way for me to enter it as the keyboard does not appear. As a result, I cannot delete the iCloud account from my iPod Touch.

View attachment 33125

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I also noticed today that in messaging up top where it says messages it has the double text so it just looks like jumbled words because rather than saying messages it has messages with one of my contacts name on top of it

shadski1

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Im really considering going back to IOS 6. This IOS 7 beta 2 has nothing but problems on my iphone 4S (way worse then beta 1). Not just with apps, but all the way to basic phone operations. Anyone else experiencing this?

mnagy48

May 11, 2013
Visit site
For anyone having iMessage problems/Messages App problems/General problems.

General > Reset > Reset All Settings.

It will reset all of your wallpapers, ringtones, settings, etc. but it fixes any iMessage issues along with any freezing of the Messages Application. Also fixed some problems I was having with LTE and WiFi.

fishfarm20

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
iP5 os7b2 here - no "significant" battery drain issues. Sure, a little more than 6, but, to be expected. A couple of glitches I have noticed -

1) Phone App - cannot get to the top "Recent" call - keeps springing down 2 recents and the top is not clickable.
2) In the Messages App, if I go from Landscape to Portrait, the last line of text gets cut in half. Don't remember from os6.
3) Safari - I don't know if this is on purpose, but, when scrolling down a page, it keeps fluctuating between full screen and regular - does that make sense (my verbiage, not the glitch).
Sure, I've had a couple less than pleasant app interactions (and experienced my first crash after 48 hours - using NotifyMe), but as always people, it's called a beta for a reason! Don't cry about "broken" apps! Hahaha! Cheers!

DravenX

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I have 7b2 installed on my secondary line (iPhone4) and for some reason the past two days, the battery just seems to die by time I get off work. The first time it did this, i thought the phone was "bricked" but the next morning it showed the connect to itunes screen and the low battery symbol.

I would like to put this on my iPhone5 but I'm nervous with this recent event. Has anyone else had this come up?

parmacrafter

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
iPhone 5 64gb On Sprint

Installed the iOS7 Beta 1 about a week after release. Everything was clunky and battery life was horrid. I had set up phone as new prior to installing the beta. Also after installation I reset network settings and then allowed battery to completely drain until phone shut off (it shut off at 20%). I turned it back on a couple times and finally got it down to 3%. Allowed a full recharge then turned the phone off then on again. None of this helped the battery life. I had also disabled the background app refresh as well as the auto update feature. Most stuff actually worked fairly well for a beta. Used it as my daily driver until the release of Beta 2 (I know, I'm glutton for punishment).

Installed Beta 2 within hours of release. Did the over the air update. Everything installed smoothly. Been running pretty well. Again I had disabled background app refresh and auto update. I also reset the network settings and allowed the battery to completely drain until shut off (this time it went to 3% before shut off). Completed a full charge and then turned phone off/on. The first day or so the battery life was much better. I was dropping roughly 5% per hour instead of the 10% plus I was dropping on Beta 1. Messages is much smoother and most other apps are running a lot faster and smoother. It went overnight on a full charge and had only lost 5% 8 hours later. Last night was another story. Full charge as I went to bed. 8 Hours later it's at 35%. Clearly it was not being used over night. I'm not really sure why it suddenly decided to eat the battery. Settings have all been checked. Nothing had turned itself back on. Aside from battery life I don't seem to be suffering from many of the glitches others are reporting. It appears that these betas are running much better on iPhone 5 than they are on iPhone 4/4s. Hopefully it will only get better from here.

I am still running this as my daily driver. No real way to test a beta unless you use it all day. The only real issue I am having is that I am on Sprint and have an Airave form Sprint (like a portable tower for signal boost). Since installing the 1st beta my phone will no longer pair up with my Airave. However even without the Airave I am getting a pretty constant 3/4 bars for signal at home. Previous to that I was lucky to get 2 bars.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Has anybody been able to figure out how to shuffle all song for an artist? Cause right now when you say go to an artist it only gives you an option to shuffle an album at a time and in ios 6 used to let you shuffle all the music for that artist.

Sent from the collector home world.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
My home screen randomly went black
e3a4a2yb.jpg

This happened after pressing the home button.
Has this happened to you guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2