iOS 7 icons - Your opinions?

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Re: iOS 7 icon your take

I'm not a programer but I did download IOS 7 beta 5 today. I really like the new design. I think it gives the iPhone and iPad a fresher look.

Last edited:

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: iOS 7 icon your take

I didn't like them at first.. Of course they were something new and not necessarily unfamiliar,,, Just different..

Now after sometime, they are growing on me... But I still hate the transitions....

anon(4706822)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I like about half of the new icons in iOS 7 but the others, like Photos, seem off to me. What I'm mostly concerned about is his my other non-apple apps (yelp, amazon, banking apps, etc.) will look against the new design.

Or will all apps submitted to the App Store need to follow the new look (god I hope not).

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I like about half of the new icons in iOS 7 but the others, like Photos, seem off to me. What I'm mostly concerned about is his my other non-apple apps (yelp, amazon, banking apps, etc.) will look against the new design.

Or will all apps submitted to the App Store need to follow the new look (I hope not).

I doubt that Apple will require the icons to look similar in style to the iOS 7 icons, but I also fully expect most developers to redesign their icons to look similar to the iOS 7 icon set in terms of style. Personally, I think the resulting mish-mash of not matching icons will look far worse than any attempt to match the style of the iOS 7 look/feel.

anon(4706822)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I doubt that Apple will require the icons to look similar in style to the iOS 7 icons, but I also fully expect most developers to redesign their icons to look similar to the iOS 7 icon set in terms of style. Personally, I think the resulting mish-mash of not matching icons will look far worse than any attempt to match the style of the iOS 7 look/feel.

Agreed

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I didn't like the icons at first. They were so different. To be honest I like the old icons more. But I'll be fine with them.

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
In real-life usage they don't bother me. It's just icons. I think they look good for the most part. If someone switches phone because of some icons, well... we know they won't do it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods