iOS 7 Hidden Features

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I believe the video in the linked story was made with the iOS simulator in XCode - and some manipulation of the iOS firmware code had to be done to enable the displayed menu & functionality. Not something for Joe Average User to do by a long shot...

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Wow really cool things, love the ability to uninstall native apps. It's intriguing to know that some of that might actually affect the final iOS 7 product. If not it can still apply to point upgrades or iOS 8 so very cool.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I believe the video in the linked story was made with the iOS simulator in XCode - and some manipulation of the iOS firmware code had to be done to enable the displayed menu & functionality. Not something for Joe Average User to do by a long shot...

Who do you think you are trying to tell me what I can and cannot do with my own phone? SMH.

Hey, I tried it and bricked my phone. Can you help me get it back?

Bwahahahaha! You knew this was coming, right?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Who do you think you are trying to tell me what I can and cannot do with my own phone? SMH.

Did you forget the sarcasm tag or are you serious that any fool with XCode should be messing with the iOS on a phone to turn on hidden menus?

Developers can bork their devices all they want... I'm merely suggesting that there is a knowledge curve and some people shouldn't try things if they don't know Whiskey Tango Foxtrot they are doing on a stock iOS, let alone a beta... SMH.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Did you forget the sarcasm tag or are you serious that any fool with XCode should be messing with the iOS on a phone to turn on hidden menus?

Developers cand bork their devices all they want... I'm merely suggesting that there is a knowledge curve and some people shouldn't try things if they don't know Whiskey Taango Foxtrot they are doing on a stock iOS, let alone a beta... SMH.

I was absolutely kidding... but you know you’re gonna get a serious one, too, right? :)

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Best part was when they deleted newsstand app ;). Pretty cool

What's wrong with the newsstand app ? I use it on my iPad. Or was it cool that they deleted a native app and it just happened to be newsstand ?

Sliders are actually from Kansas where White Castle was born. They were nicknamed slyders initially.

Man I haven't eaten at a White Castle in years. Since I was a little fella. I see a 1000 mile road trip in the not to distant future.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
I believe those hidden settings are proof that we will get full customization in iOS at some point. Not as granular as those settings tho. I can see someone screwing up their experience.

With the addition of dynamic fonts, I can see apple opening up the App Store to themes.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
What's wrong with the newsstand app ? I use it on my iPad. Or was it cool that they deleted a native app and it just happened to be newsstand ?

Newsstand and iPad caused me to start reading mags again. Before the iPad, i hadn't looked at a mag in a while. Now, I have a few subscriptions. There are a few tricks to get them for cheaper than the App Store price.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Newsstand and iPad caused me to start reading mags again. Before the iPad, i hadn't looked at a mag in a while. Now, I have a few subscriptions. There are a few tricks to get them for cheaper than the App Store price.

Fill me in please. I haven't bought a paper mag in 18 months, it's all done through newsstand. I travel for business frequently, and it's nice having all my issues with me all the time. I did try a trial issue though Kindle, but I couldn't click on a link and have it access the web like I can in Newsstand.

I see a long bathroom visit in your not too future too. :)

Is it that bad ?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative