Would join developer network to get ios7 if gives me a reasonable shot at having input with Apple on its development. What do you think?
    06-16-2013 01:51 AM
    They check all of their bug reports.
    Fausty82 likes this.
    06-16-2013 08:19 AM
    You're really only doing bug reporting. You're not making suggestions for things like icons and gestures. You don't have to be a developer to submit feature requests.
    Fausty82 and Ipheuria like this.
    06-16-2013 09:25 AM
    Exactly like Alli said you can leave Feedback on anything you think will help Apple - Feedback I've used that many, many times and had things I sent feedback on actually happen. I'm sure it helps if there are millions of other users out there asking for the same thing but if it's a good idea you never know.
    06-17-2013 12:22 PM
    Good to hear that Apple feedback actually did something at one point! Given the many upgrades to iOS without implementation of basic things like quick access to commonly-used settings (until now), I assumed that feedback was generally ignored!

Given this default expectation, I was interested in being in the developer program only if it increases the chance that my ideas would be seen by Apple.

The specific recommendation I was considering joining the program for was the ability to specify default apps, as can be done with jailbroken devices. This would allow for example a link from an email to open in my favorite browser (Grazing) rather than Safari, and a link to a street address to open in Google maps

Seems like Apple is a long way off from considering something so "radical" though?
    06-18-2013 03:59 PM
    Suggesting things wouldn't hurt; doubt it'd happen by the iOS 7 gold master. Still, you never know.

But yes, there's an extra channel, as well as extra discussion boards at developer.apple.com...

Is it worth the $99? I paid, but more just to be on the legit side of things, so that if all went wrong I could re-activate my phone, etc.
    06-18-2013 05:34 PM