iOS 7 features, why not Tags?

Chad_Mobley

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
After watching how great OS X Mavericks looks by the added functionality included I'm wondering with so much emphasis on iCloud, why haven't they included the Tags feature on iOS 7? I use tags for lots of programs such as Evernote and with hashtags being so popular why not for the mobile platform. It would certainly help to organize any and all iCloud documents. Just a thought...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371325446.186506.jpg

SOV

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
Good point. Could be a feature only for the iPhone 5s and would debut along side. Or could be something to come in future years. I'm with you though. I'd much rather tag then myself the. Have apple do it by "moments"

Chad_Mobley

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Good point. Could be a feature only for the iPhone 5s and would debut along side. Or could be something to come in future years. I'm with you though. I'd much rather tag then myself the. Have apple do it by "moments"

True, I doubt it would be for the iPhone 5s only however it may debut then. If apple were to ever integrate purchases via Passbook or the sort, it could also be a way for us to "tag" and organize our purchases for easy filing instead of needing a "Files.app". I love the way my bank handles purchases and I wish Apple would find a way to utilize the feature they have already built for one of their platforms. The bank I am referring to is [www.simple.com].

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Until iOS has some kind of explorable file system, I doubt we'll see tagging anytime soon. I'm surprised there isn't a sandboxed iFile app that other apps can access. This would be the easiest solution to implement.

But tags won't happen until then. What would you tag in iOS besides photos? Just curious.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
True, I doubt it would be for the iPhone 5s only however it may debut then. If apple were to ever integrate purchases via Passbook or the sort, it could also be a way for us to "tag" and organize our purchases for easy filing instead of needing a "Files.app". I love the way my bank handles purchases and I wish Apple would find a way to utilize the feature they have already built for one of their platforms. The bank I am referring to is [www.simple.com].

So you want spotlight to be able to search tags within apps?

Chad_Mobley

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Sure, as well as iCloud. A cross platform tagging/search tool that is built into the iOS and Mac OS system. I just find this to be a way to easily find the information we own.