Keynote Beta Vs. Developer Beta

SOV

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
Ok so technically they're the same.

I created this thread for anyone to note any differences in the beta used during the Keynote and the beta that's currently out to developers.

A lot of sites have speculated apple has a more updated beta than what developers have and I think this is true based on one finding I have seen posted on some sites

In the Keynote it was demonstrated you could swipe away tabs in Safari. Apparently this isn't functional in the iOS 7 Beta 1 currently.

Anyone know of anything else?

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
They aren't the same. the devices on stage had one purpose only, to show off the specific function during the keynote. The device is optimized for this function only as to not have technical difficulties.

So far the only thing I noticed that was different is the parallax wallpapers. The ones in the keynote seemed to have more "depth."

MountandJew

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
It's strange because the keynote version of iOS7 did not seem as saturated as the iOS7 beta 1. It appeared to be much less "touch-wiz-y" and more "iOS-y" than how the beta 1 is.

Just my $.02

SOV

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
I can swipe away safari tabs with no issues......open your tabs in card view and swipe to the left to close the tab.

I was swiping in the opposite direction. Your solution worked!

I know this sounds nitpicky but I hope they fix it to allow swiping in either direction.

And before anyone says it I know this is a beta lol

gary.l.fletcher

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Not a problem! Swiping to the right feels more natural to me. It took me a few days to realize I had to swipe to left for deleting emails and messages too.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
It just makes sense that theirs would be more up to date because it is internal. Does anyone think they are going to stop looking for bugs and wait for our feedback? So they have probably been working on beta 2 internally so when we submit bugs if there are some they haven't encountered they probably fix it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77