Panoramic Backgrounds -iOS 7, Share yours

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Loving the panoramic backgrounds on iOS7. I've been testing a few and this is my favorite for the moment:

Show your favorite panoramic backgrounds used with iOS 7.

Avengers_Panorama.jpg

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Re: Panoramic Backgrounds

Definitely a favorite feature. I wish there were a way to reset it though. Sometimes you're stuck way over to the left, or way over to the right.

Angelo_Campher

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site

My favourite

zu4yzyra.jpg

CrackedBarry

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

It's one of those things that gets old really quick (like being able to set a new theme for your home screen) so enjoy the feeling of awe and wonder while it lasts.

In a couple of months it'll just be a 'meh'. Heck, when I switched from Android to an iPhone I didn't even realize it didn't have panoramic backgrounds for a long time. I guess I got so used and indifferent to it I didn't really notice it was missing on an iPhone.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

That is nice, too. Might have to steal borrow it!

I did... it works, but it?s not tall/full screen. :(

Also, suddenly lost the ability to do panoramic backgrounds... had to restart the phone to make it work again. :( :(

It?s all good now.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site

It's one of those things that gets old really quick (like being able to set a new theme for your home screen) so enjoy the feeling of awe and wonder while it lasts.

In a couple of months it'll just be a 'meh'. Heck, when I switched from Android to an iPhone I didn't even realize it didn't have panoramic backgrounds for a long time. I guess I got so used and indifferent to it I didn't really notice it was missing on an iPhone.

Yea I'm sure it's just the newness for iOS users, but its a welcome addition. I'm sure I'll be switching between panoramic backgrounds, but I'm almost sure I will keep it since it seems it doesn't run down battery. I only wish you could slow down the scrolling . Nice improvement for iOS.

Angelo_Campher

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site

I did... it works, but it?s not tall/full screen. :(

Also, suddenly lost the ability to do panoramic backgrounds... had to restart the phone to make it work again. :( :(

It?s all good now.
Here is the link with the full sized image. Loaded the previous one with tapatalk...

lukeforester1

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site

Hi everyone, I'm new here (but not to apple in general), how to I get panoramic backgrounds going? I've set a panoramic picture as my wallpaper but it remains still. Any ideas?
IK it's beta I just am not sure how to use this feature (I'm on an iPhone 5 btw)
Thanks!

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site

Hi everyone, I'm new here (but not to apple in general), how to I get panoramic backgrounds going? I've set a panoramic picture as my wallpaper but it remains still. Any ideas?
IK it's beta I just am not sure how to use this feature (I'm on an iPhone 5 btw)
Thanks!

Make sure you add the background from settings and not photos. Scroll down and you'll see a panorama folder. Select the pic from there not camera roll or some other folder.

lukeforester1

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site

Make sure you add the background from settings and not photos. Scroll down and you'll see a panorama folder. Select the pic from there not camera roll or some other folder.

Thanks! I got it working... I don't like it at all lol! But I like knowing how it works! ...maybe it'll grow on me

Vapor86

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site

How did you guys add photos to the panoramic album? I am under the assumption that the only way it works is if it is one of the photos in the panoramic album. I tried saving one I found online but it would only show up in my regular album.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site

How did you guys add photos to the panoramic album? I am under the assumption that the only way it works is if it is one of the photos in the panoramic album. I tried saving one I found online but it would only show up in my regular album.

I presume that the resolution of the pic tells iOS that its a panorama. Try saving one of the above pics and let us know if that works.

Vapor86

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site

Saved a bunch, like 20, and and most of them went into panorama but only 3 of them were perfect fit. Most though only take up half or 80% of the screen with the rest being black and more buggy than the ones that fit or are taken with the phone.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site

Saved a bunch, like 20, and and most of them went into panorama but only 3 of them were perfect fit. Most though only take up half or 80% of the screen with the rest being black and more buggy than the ones that fit or are taken with the phone.

Remember the screen resolution of the iPhone is 1136x640, so make sure the height of the panorama is at least 1136. You can resize the photos and it would fit without the black at the top and bottom of the photo.

If you're doing google searches, just use search setting to indicate large size images.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen