iOS 7 is the most skeuomorphic, most liberating version ever -- iMore Blog

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
That's just an advise but if you really want it go ahead, but remember:

1) do not come here looking for answers we dont have about beta issues, if you have a crappy experience, you own it.
2) do not whine if you have apps not working or general problems with the beta, that's part of the process.
3) do not leave feedback while using betas.

Good Luck

Well put!!

Sent from the collector home world.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
That's just an advise but if you really want it go ahead, but remember:

1) do not come here looking for answers we dont have about beta issues, if you have a crappy experience, you own it.
2) do not whine if you have apps not working or general problems with the beta, that's part of the process.
3) do not leave feedback while using betas.

Good Luck

I don't have access to it at this point. Just seen other threads with mention of non devs who have installed it and love it.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I don't have access to it at this point. Just seen other threads with mention of non devs who have installed it and love it.

Yeah, ios7 is a big change in terms of software so we should expect a bunch of bugs and issues, I still test a map app for a developer friend but this year I'm waiting a couple of more betas before trying it.

revtech

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site

Its meant to be installed for devs to play with so they can identify bugs and make constructive and concrete suggestions for improvement/polish. The problem lies with non-devs who install it and think its some kind of pre-release and then come to the forums complaining that its buggy or something doesn't work right or some kind of 'apple/ios7 is crap' sentiment. Feel free to pay your $99 for a dev acct and have at it, just don't come back here and be one of 'them'.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Its meant to be installed for devs to play with so they can identify bugs and make constructive and concrete suggestions for improvement/polish. The problem lies with non-devs who install it and think its some kind of pre-release and then come to the forums complaining that its buggy or something doesn't work right or some kind of 'apple/ios7 is crap' sentiment. Feel free to pay your $99 for a dev acct and have at it, just don't come back here and be one of 'them'.

I understand what it is...and how easy it is for anybody to pay the $99 for a dev account. I'll wait for the public release.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Anyone take notice that the iBooks icon and app is about the only built-in app that hasn't yet been updated. Still wood grain. Still super skeumorhpic. Doesn't match with the new look at all obviously.

Joelist

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Actually if iOS is borrowing from anything it is borrowing from Windows Phone. The whole "flat" look and overall visual design language are rather WinPhone like. However Ive did that borrowing while still keeping the iOS flavor.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2