iOS 7 is the most skeuomorphic, most liberating version ever -- iMore Blog

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it is, and it's refreshing and I can't wait for the finished product to appear this coming fall.

End_User

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Can i post here as well or is this thread only for moderators who want to stroke Rene's ego.
A bit over the top and fluffy on the article don't you think? It is a mobile OS it did not provide a solution to world hunger.

I am running it and it is great don't get me wrong. But I can't help but feel like it is just apple's take on android. The more I use it the more it feels like ICS, which is a good thing I think.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Can i post here as well or is thread only for moderators who want to stroke Rene's ego. A bit over the top and fluffy on the article don't you think? It is a mobile OS it did not provide a solution to world hunger. I am running and it is great don't get me wrong. But I can't help but feel like it is just apple's take on android. The more I use it the more it feels like ICS, which is a good thing I think.

Yes, this thread is open to all members of the community. As for the article, none of the people who responded wrote it and speaking of those of us who responded, is it unreasonable to think that moderators and ambassadors here at iMore cannot help promote a blog that we enjoy reading? As for ICS, I've seen it in action but I can't say whether or not iOS 7 feels the same. Anyway, thanks for the reply and enjoy the rest of your day...;)

End_User

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
That was quite possibly the best Moderator response I have seen on a forum. I appreciate it.

Really not trying to troll here just read the article and some of the comments under it and couldn't help but think it had the God bringing the blog post down from the mountain feel to it.

Thanks JustMe'D have a good day as well.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I think Renee is pretty spot on with most of that article. The most important thing to note is that this is the biggest change ever for iOS between versions. This beta is more like an Alpha. Expect to see a lot of changes yet, more than in any other iOS beta.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I think Renee is pretty spot on with most of that article. The most important thing to note is that this is the biggest change ever for iOS between versions. This beta is more like an Alpha. Expect to see a lot of changes yet, more than in any other iOS beta.

Agreed. Besides, various members of this forum and others, as well as a large section of the tech blog community and media publicly pushed for big changes to iOS. Well, they got their wish as well as the growing pains that comes with it.

Slayers

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Can i post here as well or is this thread only for moderators who want to stroke Rene's ego.
A bit over the top and fluffy on the article don't you think? It is a mobile OS it did not provide a solution to world hunger.

I am running it and it is great don't get me wrong. But I can't help but feel like it is just apple's take on android. The more I use it the more it feels like ICS, which is a good thing I think.

If its truely like Android does this mean that we will finally be able to use keyboards other then apples?

The different choices of keyboards is the biggest thing I miss from android. If we could get swype or swiftkey I would do back flips.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Man, I don't think even iOS 7 Beta 1 can be considered an Alpha if
compared to iOS 5 Beta 1. That was really an Alpha.

End_User

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
If its truely like Android does this mean that we will finally be able to use keyboards other then apples?

The different choices of keyboards is the biggest thing I miss from android. If we could get swype or swiftkey I would do back flips.

I highly doubt it.

saynt j

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

How about some alternate "core" apps? A different SMS/iMessage app (if apple would ever allow someone else to touch their iMessage), setting something else as the default browser (safari doesn't save passwords like chrome, which is much needed for some people).... Or some real customizations of notifications, downloading and installing you own sounds right from the device, or maybe just having a notification icon on the lock screen... Not the contact name for everyone to see.

Nows the time to address these things, and maybe include them....

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
How about some alternate "core" apps? A different SMS/iMessage app (if apple would ever allow someone else to touch their iMessage), setting something else as the default browser (safari doesn't save passwords like chrome, which is much needed for some people).... Or some real customizations of notifications, downloading and installing you own sounds right from the device, or maybe just having a notification icon on the lock screen... Not the contact name for everyone to see.

Mows the time to address these things, and maybe include them....

Apple will never allow much of this. It?s the very essence of a "walled garden".

However, the new OS X and iOS will do Apple Keychain sharing... that was announced in the WWDC Keynote on Monday.

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

I could see Apple allowing people to choose a default browser or mail client. I don't see them ever opening up iMessage. The reason why the browser or mail client makes sense is that they seem to be taking notice that the user is getting smarter, more comfortable with smartphone technology and using another browser or mail client will not deviate from the overall experience on iOS. Just think of it as them allowing you to build a gazebo in the walled garden.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible for a non dev to get access to beta 7? I'm just an iPhone geek who's very anxious :)
Yes, but you're better off not doing it given things you've posted previously about issues you've experienced.

Last edited:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Regarding iMessage: I don't see the benefit of opening that up to other platforms.
I felt the same about BBM. It's a selling point because it's exclusive to the device.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Yes, but you're better off not doing it given things you've posted previously about issues you'e experienced.

Point taken although anything I've done in the past has always been remedied with a restore. I'm just an ambitious, self taught techie with a hunger for the new IOS like everyone else. If your advice is to wait for the public release I can respect that.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Point taken although anything I've done in the past has always been remedied with a restore. I'm just an ambitious, self taught techie with a hunger for the new IOS like everyone else. If your advice is to wait for the public release I can respect that.

That's just an advise but if you really want it go ahead, but remember:

1) do not come here looking for answers we dont have about beta issues, if you have a crappy experience, you own it.
2) do not whine if you have apps not working or general problems with the beta, that's part of the process.
3) do not leave feedback while using betas.
4) if you experience a really bad and buggy beta, be ready to go back to 6.1.4 and be cool about it.

Good Luck

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77