iOS 7 Developer Build Beta 1 Will Expire July 24th

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: iOS 7 Beta 1 Will Expire July 24th

Totally random, but not really. My birthday is July 24th. But, I really wish I could test iOS 7. I just don't want to pay that 100 dollars.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

All betas will expire until the master is released .. I'm sure the next will be over the air

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site

Hmm, Apple doesn't give much time to test iOS7...

Have you ever followed iOS betas before? Apple will end beta 1 but put out beta 2. They usually put out several betas before the official release in the fall. So they actually give several months to test. I also saw your comment in the bug thread and all I can say to that is this, IT'S A BETA, there will be bugs.

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Especially for the first beta. How can you expect it to run smooth and perfectly?

Agpe17

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site

Especially for the first beta. How can you expect it to run smooth and perfectly?

It's running pretty good for a first beta! I've had MINOR little glitches ("Verizon" getting garbled when opening WhatsApp sometimes, etc.) But nothing effecting workflow or anything like that....SO FAR!

serwan

Banned
Sep 4, 2011
Visit site

it works really good for me either. it is faster, and battery stay longer than before. I was amazed coz it is still in beta

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site

Totally random, but not really. My birthday is July 24th. But, I really wish I could test iOS 7. I just don't want to pay that 100 dollars.

You want to test it for what reason? Are you developing an Application for iOS?

Paying a 100 as a developer is pocket change to what you will make once an app is release to iOS, heck even at .99

Just my thoughts. as a consumer, it's not worth to test as a daily driver...... Apple knows what they are doing. They don't need regular users trying it..

egrorgia7

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

I paid the $100 just to have it early. I know, kind of obsessed, but it does run really good. Very minimal issues.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Just don't complain when your favorite app doesn't work, certainly don't post bad app reviews to Facebook or the AppStore, don't complain when you get sucky battery life, your phone re-springs a lot, your phone is really hot to the touch etc. all of this is to be expected and probably more things I didn't list.

I know is not "cool" to rain on the parade of those who want to play with the new toy... but this PSA from TUAW is spot on, and echoes what many of us have been saying... and understand we’re not just saying that the masses can’t/shouldn't get it to "lord it over them"... it is meant to serve as a warning...

PSA: If you're not a developer, don't install developer betas on your iPhone | TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

i will admit it right now too, i have it and i am not a Dev. but i also know what to expect or not to expect. i also know to just shut my mouth and not complain because i am just along for the ride

another thing, i never understood why Apple states that you cannot downgrade from beta software. i've done it with every build since 3.x.x

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site

I don't develop crap but more baldness. I pay my fee because I like to test software on production machines. For example I am running DP 1 of Mavericks on my production machine with a full time machine backup of the moment before I upgraded. I enjoy seeing the progress software makes and sometimes in testing you get features that don't make it to the final build. I just get irritated with hacks who think they know what they are getting into and then cry to high heaven when their previous Vine app doesn't work (which it doesn't).

Elamitex

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site

This would work, but I have no friends that are into phones like I am.

iOS 7 Beta 1 does not require a developer account to put onto your device. I have it running on mine without a registered UDID. Download the beta and press shift+click update in iTunes, not restore, and choose the beta. It will install it.

ninjamattic

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site

A simple if/then statement for the masses:

if - you like to play with software pre-release, enjoy testing how things work, or just obsess about all things apple.
and - you're not going to freak out about bugs, leave bad reviews for apps in the beta environment, or flame on the forums when things go wonky on you.
and - you're not a developer, but understad the risks.

or - you're a dev and you know all of this already

then - go ahead and install the beta and enjoy. You're not going to bother anyone other than the usual flamers.

else - DO NOT INSTALL THE BETA.

There are a lot of risks involved in installing beta software on your every day devices. They may break, they may not work properly, or they may just irritate you. I uninstalled iOS 7 today because my phone app doesn't work hardly at all. I love the OS, but I'm going to wait for the next build and try again. Nothing to stress about. It sure was a fun 24 hours though!

Think that about covers it?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR