Option to Change App Icons/Messaging Background or stay with iOS6?

jessica_lynn9474

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone! I'm loving all of the new features of iOS7 but along with some of you am super bummed about the new look of the icons and text messaging screen/bubbles. It was so beautiful in iOS6. There is also SO much white! Anyway.....

I'm hoping that there is an option to choose whether you want the new icons and new messaging vs. old. I saw a youtube video that showed an option to turn flat app icons off? Not true?

Do any of the people here who installed the developer version see an option for this? Or believe that there may be an option with the final version? Not sure if maybe I'm missing something.

Also, if people wind up disliking the look to much is there an option to stay with iOS6?

Thanks much! :)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone! I'm loving all of the new features of iOS7 but along with some of you am super bummed about the new look of the icons and text messaging screen/bubbles. It was so beautiful in iOS6. There is also SO much white! Anyway.....

I'm hoping that there is an option to choose whether you want the new icons and new messaging vs. old. I saw a youtube video that showed an option to turn flat app icons off? Not true?

Do any of the people here who installed the developer version see an option for this? Or believe that there may be an option with the final version? Not sure if maybe I'm missing something.

Also, if people wind up disliking the look to much is there an option to stay with iOS6?

Thanks much! :)

There’s no option now for that... doubtful the GM/GA version will have it, either. It’s not how Apple does things.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
You will not be forced to upgrade to IOS 7 unless you purchase a new phone that has it pre-installed. With that said, you would be foregoing any new functionality that is provided with IOS 7. While the apps and certain scenery may not be as appealing to you vs the current IOS 6 offerings, you will have to decide if that is enough for you to give up multitasking, airdrop, control center, lockscreen controls, etc etc.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
You will not be forced to upgrade to IOS 7 unless you purchase a new phone that has it pre-installed. With that said, you would be foregoing any new functionality that is provided with IOS 7. While the apps and certain scenery may not be as appealing to you vs the current IOS 6 offerings, you will have to decide if that is enough for you to give up multitasking, airdrop, control center, lockscreen controls, etc etc.

^^^^^ What he said.

jessica_lynn9474

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site

Good to know finn5975 - Definitely something to think about and good to know! Ther should be (hopefully) an app that comes out where we can make the new icons and messaging look like the former!! Come on developers! Lets get the ball rollin on that!

Gosh, I'm such a girl. The new apps are just so UGLY! haha

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Good to know finn5975 - Definitely something to think about and good to know! Ther should be (hopefully) an app that comes out where we can make the new icons and messaging look like the former!! Come on developers! Lets get the ball rollin on that!

Gosh, I'm such a girl. The new apps are just so UGLY! haha

That "app" is called a jailbreak... and then install a theme. I guarantee that Apple won’t allow it (without a JB solution).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2