As noted on this Forum and elsewhere - spend time and energy making the icons look pretty, but fail to fix iOS app issues that have existed since v1 - like Mail's inability to add an attachment, even if created in an onboard iWorks or from iCloud.

The stuff they do spend time on do appear to be, as has always been the case with Apple, reverse-engineered (sorry - 're-imagined') from other mobile OSs and that's simply not on anymore.

Sometimes an industrial designer is just a (misguided) industrial designer, regardless of whether they have a Sir prefix.
    06-12-2013 07:16 AM
    Not on anymore? Sir, you seem to forget that 'Other' modern day mobile operating systems were essentially derived from iOS v1.
    06-12-2013 07:25 AM
    but fail to fix iOS app issues that have existed since v1 - like Mail's inability to add an attachment,
    I can add attachments to an email no problem. It's quite simple really if you know what you're doing. Double tap the screen to bring up the menu, click the arrow on the right and choose attach. How about a legitimate example?

Blazin' tappity tap tap 2 you!
    06-12-2013 07:32 AM
    I can add attachments to an email no problem. It's quite simple really if you know what you're doing. Double tap the screen to bring up the menu, click the arrow on the right and choose attach. How about a legitimate example?

Ok, go ahead and save a PDF from an email to your phone and create a new email and attach it. Then send it.

06-12-2013 07:44 AM
    You do realize that the post said you can't add attachments to an email right? It wasn't download a file that the iPhone doesn't open natively and then add it to a different created email. But nonetheless, I will see if I can complete your challenge. If I can, I will also record the process so you know I'm not saying I did.

06-12-2013 07:49 AM
    This seems to be your M.O. huh? Slither around when a keynote or major news report happens, express your underwhelming opinion and then scurry away until the next time.

See you in the fall!
    carrickfergus and Fausty82 like this.
    06-12-2013 08:00 AM
    As noted on this Forum and elsewhere - spend time and energy making the icons look pretty, but fail to fix iOS app issues that have existed since v1 - like Mail's inability to add an attachment, even if created in an onboard iWorks or from iCloud.

The stuff they do spend time on do appear to be, as has always been the case with Apple, reverse-engineered (sorry - 're-imagined') from other mobile OSs and that's simply not on anymore.

Sometimes an industrial designer is just a (misguided) industrial designer, regardless of whether they have a Sir prefix.
    Being that Apple did not inform us on every aspect of iOS 7, it might be wise to withhold judgment until it is officially released to the general public. Even if it does not contain the options/features you want or need, make the best of what you have or use a 3rd party app that will do what you need done. Apple, Samsung, HTC, Microsoft, Google, Amazon and others will NEVER be able to please everyone.
    carrickfergus likes this.
    06-12-2013 08:12 AM
    Being that Apple did not inform us on every aspect of iOS 7, it might be wise to withhold judgment until it is officially released to the general public. Even if it does not contain the options/features you want or need, make the best of what you have or use a 3rd party app that will do what you need done. Apple, Samsung, HTC, Microsoft, Google, Amazon and others will NEVER be able to please everyone.
    Why would anyone do what you suggest, D? It’s completely logical and well reasoned, but there’s no drama in it... clearly, you are out of touch with the reality of this situation. (VBG).
    kch50428 and Alli like this.
    06-12-2013 10:08 AM
    Why would anyone do what you suggest, D? It’s completely logical and well reasoned, but there’s no drama in it... clearly, you are out of touch with the reality of this situation. (VBG).
    (Laughing)...yeah, I know it. I just gave myself a Jethro Gibbs slap to the back of the head.
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 06-12-2013 at 08:38 PM.
    kch50428 and Fausty82 like this.
    06-12-2013 10:28 AM
    I wish Apple would really crack down on who gets the beta. I know they will revoke a developers account if they get caught selling spots in the beta, but. Wish they would more actively hunt for it. Oh well
    Alli, Fausty82 and LCW like this.
    06-12-2013 11:03 AM
    I wish Apple would really crack down on who gets the beta. I know they will revoke a developers account if they get caught selling spots in the beta, but. Wish they would more actively hunt for it. Oh well…
    And seriously brick those phones that can't update in time when a new beta is released!
    Fausty82 likes this.
    06-12-2013 01:16 PM