iPhone no longer charges since IOS 7 Upgrade

jridgers

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
IPhone 4 here and having the same issue as many using a non-apple certified charging cable. What I find interesting is that all the developers and testers didn't run across this? I cannot believe they all had certified chargers. I guess Apple saw this as a win for their revenue stream and didn't create a work around OR announce to the public.

I switched to my old iPhone charging cable that came with the phone and everything is fine again. I wonder if my car charger will work now as I got it from Verizon when I got the device.

JB1993

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
i am having this same one so i am just gonna sell apple and buy a nokia simple one coz i dont trust any smartphone from now on....

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
My iphone 4s that i recently upgraded to ios 7 didnt give me any problem till this morning.

Is this a lightning cable or a 30 pin cable? I don't think the 30 pin cables have the chip to identify a "real" Apple cable vs another brand's.

The lightning connectors weren’t introduced until iPhone 5 (last year). No iPhone 4S (or anything earlier) has anything but a 30-pin connector.

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
The lightning connectors weren’t introduced until iPhone 5 (last year). No iPhone 4S (or anything earlier) has anything but a 30-pin connector.

Then I don't see how an iPhone 4S could be complaining about "non licensed" cables for charging. Must be something else going on.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
As others, I have this problem, . By the way ? connected iphone to samsung TV and it goes to charged! I hope that appple solve problem

This is not a "problem". Apple did this intentionally to protect it’s products, its reputation, its bottom line AND ITS CUSTOMERS. Exploding phones and people getting electrocuted is not a joke, nor is it something that Apple takes lightly. Either use an Apple branded or Apple certified charger.

lzdragun

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. Not just on my iPhone but also on my newest iPad? The stock chargers are not helping me on the iPad. Can u let me know if u figure it out. Ty!!

poppaponcho

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem with a genuine Mophie Mophie! Mophie (bought from Apple) doesn't feed power to iPhone 4s on IOS 7. It did before upgrade.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem with a genuine Mophie Mophie! Mophie (bought from Apple) doesn't feed power to iPhone 4s on IOS 7. It did before upgrade.

I would contact Mophie and see what they say.

We have two Mohpie cases (mine is a Mophie Air on iPhone 5S, wife has a Mophie Helium on iPhone 5). Neither of us are having any issues with the phones, the charger cases or the charging process.

jayes

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Ahhh.... I didn't realize there is a difference. Good to know. Monoprice it is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Ordered a certified 10 ft cable from Monoprice, but decided to continue using the non-certified one until the new one arrived. Might not have been a good decision. Sunday morning I tried to wake my phone. Nothing. Zilch. It was dead. After my initial panic wore off because the usual sleep/home combination did not jolt it back to life, I googled the issue and there was a suggestion on the Apple support website to toggle the mute button several times before doing the sleep/home combination and holding the combination for 30 seconds if need be. That worked. However, I am wondering if this non-certified cable was the culprit. Could there have been something in the cable that caused the phone to almost "brick"? Needless to say, I discarded the cable and will wait out the new one. But curious what caused the problem in the first place. This did happen once before but can't recall if the cable in question was attached. And then the simple sleep/home combination worked.

kb8man

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Just updated to IOS 7 on my Ipad Mini and get the same problem, but I AM USING the cable and charger that came with the unit. I can not charge the Ipad any more. Is there a solution to this?

IceLG

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
After I upgraded to the last "fix" (7.0.4) my iPhone does not charge even using the Apple charger regardless of the power source (car, wall outlet, or USB from computer) unless I turn the phone off.

Once the phone is off, it will charge fully within 20-30 minutes or so.

Never seen so many bugs released by Apple as I've seen with version 7. Did they hire a bunch of Microsoft execs or just adopt their mindset?

Shyam shashidharan

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
even i have faced similar problem after upgrading to IOS7. i didnt have an original apple charger
but my Iphone was prompting a message which said "this acessary is not recognized by apple & may not work well with this device".
But my Iphone would charge , but sometimes my touch screen would'nt work properly.
This problem doesn't come if u r using a genuin apple charger.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73