iPhone no longer charges since IOS 7 Upgrade

jayes

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Same issue here using my car charger tonight. Got that message and thought it was because the charger was not an Apple product. Then I realized the cable was not OEM. Plugged in my Apple lightening cable and message went away. I don't mind buying another Apple lightening cable (even though I think they are overpriced), but I got that message with my 10 ft non-Apple cable. Apple does not make an extra long cable. Fortunately, after giving me that message, the phone did charge on this cable. But am I doing damage to my phone by using this non-OEM cable? Hate to fry my phone.

Linda Tahmasebi

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
i have the same problem my phone has stopped charging with its own original charger and the pc it will be dead soon when the battery runs out anyone help me please

ki4cgs

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm also getting an error for the 10ft cord I ordered from Amazon (iXCC brand). "This cable or accessory is not certified and may not work reliably with this iPhone."

I believe it did charge completely last night though.

jayes

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm also getting an error for the 10ft cord I ordered from Amazon (iXCC brand). "This cable or accessory is not certified and may not work reliably with this iPhone."

I believe it did charge completely last night though.

Same here. I need a 10 ft cable which Apple does not make. Ordered one from Amazon and it worked perfectly with iOS 6. Got that message last night when I plugged it in. But other than the annoying reminder it was not an official apple product blah blah blah.... It seemed to work. Not the case with another non apple cable attached to my car charger. Same message but it did not work. So who knows what the deciding factor is as to whether non apple cables work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Same here. I need a 10 ft cable which Apple does not make. Ordered one from Amazon and it worked perfectly with iOS 6. Got that message last night when I plugged it in. But other than the annoying reminder it was not an official apple product blah blah blah.... It seemed to work. Not the case with another non apple cable attached to my car charger. Same message but it did not work. So who knows what the deciding factor is as to whether non apple cables work!

With the release of iOS 7, Apple has started blocking the use of unauthorized (read unlicensed) cables. Get an authorized cable/device and you’re good to go again.

jayes

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
With the release of iOS 7, Apple has started blocking the use of unauthorized (read unlicensed) cables. Get an authorized cable/device and you?re good to go again.

I'd love to. I prefer to use Apple certified products. I don't mind replacing the one of 6 non apple cables I have. But they don't make a long cable.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'd love to. I prefer to use Apple certified products. I don't mind replacing the one of 6 non apple cables I have. But they don't make a long cable.

It doesn’t have to be an Apple cable... just one certified by Apple.

bravedave93

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
i have this trouble too! my iphone is now dead and it won't charge and my laptop won't recognise it and i don't know what to do, let me know if your new apple charger makes a difference

freshmint224

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
My iphone 4s that i recently upgraded to ios 7 didnt give me any problem till this morning. i have always been using an ipad charger for my iphone 4s and i have 4 cables for my iphone. i doubt all 4 are imitation cables though. This morning it was charged till 100% and i wanted to insert some songs into my iphone so i plug it into my PC. at first it didnt detect my iphone so i thought it was my PC's problem and tried to resolve it. around an hour later i saw my phone was at 65% and wanted to charge it before heading out but i realized it doesnt work at all. it doesnt even give me any message regarding cable not recognize or anything.I'm pretty sure my iphone is detecting the port but it just doesnt want to charge or connect to it. The reason i'm saying it detects the port is because if you shut your phone off, it stays off till you on it or plug a power supply into it. It will be auto switched on. mine did switched on but no charging at all. i cant enter dfu mode since the port doesnt connect. The only time i manage to get it to charge is when i format my iphone the moment it starts up it connects to the charger. but once i plug it off and reconnects it, it doesnt charge again. Please help!

Jenni Barker

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
It is not making one bit of difference which charger I use. My iPhone 5 will not charge with a brand new apple cable purchased from the apple store YESTERDAY. My phone has been dead for two hours now and no solution I am given is working. iPhone 5 has been pain for me since it's release last year.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
It is not making one bit of difference which charger I use. My iPhone 5 will not charge with a brand new apple cable purchased from the apple store YESTERDAY. My phone has been dead for two hours now and no solution I am given is working. iPhone 5 has been pain for me since it's release last year.

I'd suggest contacting Apple. Maybe a trip to the Genius Bar.

jridgers

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
IPhone 4 here and having the same issue as many using a non-apple certified charging cable. What I find interesting is that all the developers and testers didn't run across this? I cannot believe they all had certified chargers. I guess Apple saw this as a win for their revenue stream and didn't create a work around OR announce to the public.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
IPhone 4 here and having the same issue as many using a non-apple certified charging cable. What I find interesting is that all the developers and testers didn't run across this? I cannot believe they all had certified chargers. I guess Apple saw this as a win for their revenue stream and didn't create a work around OR announce to the public.

Apple has said all along that they strongly recommend using their charging cables and power blocks. They also have a wide array of suppliers who manufacture and sell Apple-certified chargers. Contrary to popular belief, this is not just a money grab. Apple gets dinged in the press all the time when someone's iPhone explodes or some flight attendant in China electrocutes herself with her iPhone... the fact remains, Apple is primarily interested in protecting its revenue stream, its reputation AND its customers. There’s a lot of cheap, knock-off stuff out there - some of which works, and some of it can be downright dangerous.

Saving $10 on a charger cable only to burn your house down really isn't much of as "deal", if you know what I mean.

As for the timing, this also has been discussed in the media recently... apparently Apple has just started enforcing the restriction. But the bottom line, you DON’T have to buy an Apple branded charger... but you do need to use a charger certified and safe and of adequate quality by Apple.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice