I'm also getting an error for the 10ft cord I ordered from Amazon (iXCC brand). "This cable or accessory is not certified and may not work reliably with this iPhone."

I believe it did charge completely last night though.
    09-19-2013 01:46 PM
    I'm also getting an error for the 10ft cord I ordered from Amazon (iXCC brand). "This cable or accessory is not certified and may not work reliably with this iPhone."

I believe it did charge completely last night though.
    Same here. I need a 10 ft cable which Apple does not make. Ordered one from Amazon and it worked perfectly with iOS 6. Got that message last night when I plugged it in. But other than the annoying reminder it was not an official apple product blah blah blah.... It seemed to work. Not the case with another non apple cable attached to my car charger. Same message but it did not work. So who knows what the deciding factor is as to whether non apple cables work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    09-19-2013 01:55 PM
    Same here. I need a 10 ft cable which Apple does not make. Ordered one from Amazon and it worked perfectly with iOS 6. Got that message last night when I plugged it in. But other than the annoying reminder it was not an official apple product blah blah blah.... It seemed to work. Not the case with another non apple cable attached to my car charger. Same message but it did not work. So who knows what the deciding factor is as to whether non apple cables work!

With the release of iOS 7, Apple has started blocking the use of unauthorized (read unlicensed) cables. Get an authorized cable/device and you’re good to go again.
    09-19-2013 01:57 PM
    With the release of iOS 7, Apple has started blocking the use of unauthorized (read unlicensed) cables. Get an authorized cable/device and youre good to go again.
    I'd love to. I prefer to use Apple certified products. I don't mind replacing the one of 6 non apple cables I have. But they don't make a long cable.

09-19-2013 02:05 PM
    I'd love to. I prefer to use Apple certified products. I don't mind replacing the one of 6 non apple cables I have. But they don't make a long cable.

It doesn’t have to be an Apple cable... just one certified by Apple.
    09-19-2013 02:17 PM

Monoprice cables are Apple certified.
    Cables for iPad, iPhone, iPod - Monoprice.com
    sting7k likes this.
    09-19-2013 02:21 PM
    It doesnt have to be an Apple cable... just one certified by Apple.
    Ahhh.... I didn't realize there is a difference. Good to know. Monoprice it is!

09-19-2013 02:23 PM
    i have this trouble too! my iphone is now dead and it won't charge and my laptop won't recognise it and i don't know what to do, let me know if your new apple charger makes a difference
    09-19-2013 06:03 PM
    Just found out my ipad is doing the same thing since upgrading to ios 7. I am using apple chargers so don't understand why it wont work
    09-20-2013 12:41 AM
    My iphone 4s that i recently upgraded to ios 7 didnt give me any problem till this morning. i have always been using an ipad charger for my iphone 4s and i have 4 cables for my iphone. i doubt all 4 are imitation cables though. This morning it was charged till 100% and i wanted to insert some songs into my iphone so i plug it into my PC. at first it didnt detect my iphone so i thought it was my PC's problem and tried to resolve it. around an hour later i saw my phone was at 65% and wanted to charge it before heading out but i realized it doesnt work at all. it doesnt even give me any message regarding cable not recognize or anything.I'm pretty sure my iphone is detecting the port but it just doesnt want to charge or connect to it. The reason i'm saying it detects the port is because if you shut your phone off, it stays off till you on it or plug a power supply into it. It will be auto switched on. mine did switched on but no charging at all. i cant enter dfu mode since the port doesnt connect. The only time i manage to get it to charge is when i format my iphone the moment it starts up it connects to the charger. but once i plug it off and reconnects it, it doesnt charge again. Please help!
    09-20-2013 11:37 AM
    Since update IOS 7 my Mophie no longer charges my phone
    That means you are using a counterfeit mophie. If a deal seems too good to be true, it usually is.
    09-20-2013 03:38 PM
    It is not making one bit of difference which charger I use. My iPhone 5 will not charge with a brand new apple cable purchased from the apple store YESTERDAY. My phone has been dead for two hours now and no solution I am given is working. iPhone 5 has been pain for me since it's release last year.
    09-20-2013 07:31 PM
    It is not making one bit of difference which charger I use. My iPhone 5 will not charge with a brand new apple cable purchased from the apple store YESTERDAY. My phone has been dead for two hours now and no solution I am given is working. iPhone 5 has been pain for me since it's release last year.
    I'd suggest contacting Apple. Maybe a trip to the Genius Bar.
    09-20-2013 07:45 PM
    IPhone 4 here and having the same issue as many using a non-apple certified charging cable. What I find interesting is that all the developers and testers didn't run across this? I cannot believe they all had certified chargers. I guess Apple saw this as a win for their revenue stream and didn't create a work around OR announce to the public.
    09-21-2013 09:45 AM
    IPhone 4 here and having the same issue as many using a non-apple certified charging cable. What I find interesting is that all the developers and testers didn't run across this? I cannot believe they all had certified chargers. I guess Apple saw this as a win for their revenue stream and didn't create a work around OR announce to the public.
    Apple has said all along that they strongly recommend using their charging cables and power blocks. They also have a wide array of suppliers who manufacture and sell Apple-certified chargers. Contrary to popular belief, this is not just a money grab. Apple gets dinged in the press all the time when someone's iPhone explodes or some flight attendant in China electrocutes herself with her iPhone... the fact remains, Apple is primarily interested in protecting its revenue stream, its reputation AND its customers. There’s a lot of cheap, knock-off stuff out there - some of which works, and some of it can be downright dangerous.

Saving $10 on a charger cable only to burn your house down really isn't much of as "deal", if you know what I mean.

As for the timing, this also has been discussed in the media recently... apparently Apple has just started enforcing the restriction. But the bottom line, you DON’T have to buy an Apple branded charger... but you do need to use a charger certified and safe and of adequate quality by Apple.
    kch50428 likes this.
    09-21-2013 11:37 AM
    Mine does this too! I have the cheap cords too and it will charge the iPad fine (I haven't updated the iPad yet) but only charge my phone to 3%
    09-21-2013 07:58 PM
    I switched to my old iPhone charging cable that came with the phone and everything is fine again. I wonder if my car charger will work now as I got it from Verizon when I got the device.
    Fausty82 likes this.
    09-22-2013 12:13 AM
    i am having this same one so i am just gonna sell apple and buy a nokia simple one coz i dont trust any smartphone from now on....
    09-23-2013 02:23 PM
    Mine charges fine although it seems once on 100% still connected to the charger or not it stops charging..
    09-23-2013 03:08 PM
    My iphone 4s that i recently upgraded to ios 7 didnt give me any problem till this morning.
    Is this a lightning cable or a 30 pin cable? I don't think the 30 pin cables have the chip to identify a "real" Apple cable vs another brand's.
    09-23-2013 05:53 PM
    My iphone 4s that i recently upgraded to ios 7 didnt give me any problem till this morning.
    Is this a lightning cable or a 30 pin cable? I don't think the 30 pin cables have the chip to identify a "real" Apple cable vs another brand's.
    The lightning connectors weren’t introduced until iPhone 5 (last year). No iPhone 4S (or anything earlier) has anything but a 30-pin connector.
    09-23-2013 06:13 PM
    As others, I have this problem, . By the way connected iphone to samsung TV and it goes to charged! I hope that appple solve problem
    09-24-2013 10:20 AM
    The lightning connectors weren’t introduced until iPhone 5 (last year). No iPhone 4S (or anything earlier) has anything but a 30-pin connector.
    Then I don't see how an iPhone 4S could be complaining about "non licensed" cables for charging. Must be something else going on.
    09-24-2013 10:25 AM
    As others, I have this problem, . By the way connected iphone to samsung TV and it goes to charged! I hope that appple solve problem
    This is not a "problem". Apple did this intentionally to protect it’s products, its reputation, its bottom line AND ITS CUSTOMERS. Exploding phones and people getting electrocuted is not a joke, nor is it something that Apple takes lightly. Either use an Apple branded or Apple certified charger.
    09-24-2013 11:20 AM
    Then I don't see how an iPhone 4S could be complaining about "non licensed" cables for charging. Must be something else going on.
    I would tend to agree with this.
    09-24-2013 11:20 AM
57 123