iOS 7 Developer Build beta 2??

JasonR02

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: iOS 7 beta 2??

I'm working on creating an app right now and this is my first time being a dev during an iOS beta. I am tempted to put iOS 7 on my main personal phone as well. I swear I won't become one of those people who then complains because beta doesn't work perfectly on their phones. I know it's beta. Anyways, my question is about the beta stages. Will the beta stages continue/update all the way through the full release in the fall, or sometime before the full release does the last beta build expire and then you're left without a usable phone for a few weeks before the general public release? That was my one concern about putting it on my main phone. So I figured I would ask. Thanks!

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site

I'm working on creating an app right now and this is my first time being a dev during an iOS beta. I am tempted to put iOS 7 on my main personal phone as well. I swear I won't become one of those people who then complains because beta doesn't work perfectly on their phones. I know it's beta. Anyways, my question is about the beta stages. Will the beta stages continue/update all the way through the full release in the fall, or sometime before the full release does the last beta build expire and then you're left without a usable phone for a few weeks before the general public release? That was my one concern about putting it on my main phone. So I figured I would ask. Thanks!

I've never run into this issue. The Gold Master is usually out ahead of the official release. It does not require UDID activation.

v1nn1e

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site

It looks like Beta 1 has an expiration date of July 24th - so, six weeks from now. I think that's a good chunk of time to fine tune any major issues, and pump out a new beta. Personally, I'm going to hold off until beta 2 comes out.

lthomas926

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site

I remember the past 2 betas being released on The Monday of the announcement then the following betas every 2 weeks on Mondays as well and a few times the betas would skip a week so you waited 3 weeks. I thought the betas expired day(s) or week after the new one was posted Any other devs confirm that?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

I remember the past 2 betas being released on The Monday of the announcement then the following betas every 2 weeks on Mondays as well and a few times the betas would skip a week so you waited 3 weeks. I thought the betas expired day(s) or week after the new one was posted Any other devs confirm that?

I don’t recall specific expiration dates on the previous betas... but it seems to me that it was almost always more than a week out. I do recall one single instance where the expiration date was fast approaching, and the new beta was not yet out... but typically it was a couple of weeks or more... just my rusty recollection.

lthomas926

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site

I actually looked ios 6 beta 1 came out June 11th and expired July 25th and beta 2 came out June 25th and next wasn't until July 16th and beta 2 expired July 31st

I know you shouldn't have it on your phone if your a non developer but it happens every beta. There is wiggle room to avoid being expired

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW