View Poll Results: iOS 7 look, Hate it or love it?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • LOVE it! it looks so nice and smooth

24 61.54%
  • Hate it! my 4 year old could draw better icons

14 35.90%
  • Who cares? who looks at icons for more than a few seconds anyway

1 2.56%
    You can hold more than nine icons in the new folders. Do you Just not want to swipe through folder pages? There wouldn't be another way to allow more folder pages without swiping. I mean they could have done 12 or 16 a page. I don't think it will be a huge big deal though but I think it would be welcome if it changed :-)
    I like that the number of icons in a folder page now matches the number of icons visible in the collapsed folder view. It annoyed me to have 12 or 16 apps in a folder and only see the mini icons for 9 of them. For some illogical reason this doesn't bother me with a folder with pages of icons because I know that the first page of icons will be the ones to show in collapsed view.
    06-12-2013 11:13 AM
    Are there gonna be shadows behind the icons...

What do you think of the iOS 7 Look?-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1371259969.462285.jpg

Or not...

What do you think of the iOS 7 Look?-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1371260127.522881.jpg

shadows behind the icons make them look better against the background as well as help make text more readable.
    06-14-2013 09:36 PM
    I'm really kind of neutral on the appearance of the stock iOS apps; however I do think they look worse against the pastel background they used when introducing iOS 7. Good news is, I believe you can toss any app you don't like into a folder and never look at it unless you plan to use it. Let's face it, most of the apps you will have on your phone will be not be the stock iOS apps and the 3rd party developers get to design what they'll look like.
    06-14-2013 10:50 PM
    The only app icons really driving my nuts is the settings app icon and safari ... Especially settings .. It looks like sh*t.. And the phone and messages icon look too much alike in terms of much alike ... I know they were the same colors in iOS 1 - 6 ... Maybe just a little darker green would make them better ... Those are the only ones I have issues with - other than that I like the look and feel of iOS 7 as a whole ... Just those drive me nuts haha
    Ipheuria likes this.
    06-14-2013 11:52 PM
    I am really liking the look of iOS 7. I’d prefer to see a little less saturation in some of the icons - specifically, the iTunes Store, Music, Phone and Messages icons seem to almost glow because of the high saturation
    Attached Thumbnails What do you think of the iOS 7 Look?-after.png   What do you think of the iOS 7 Look?-before.png  
    Last edited by Fausty82; 06-15-2013 at 01:21 AM.
    Ipheuria likes this.
    06-15-2013 12:35 AM
    I think iOS 7 look is a refreshing change. I had no problem with the look of iOS 6. I thought the detail in the old icons were cool but the new look has a light airy look to it. The iOS 6 look really set it apart from the others.
    06-15-2013 01:18 AM
    I'm a huge fan. I think it's an awesome and refreshing update. That "paralaxing" (sp?) feature with the icons overlaying your wallpaper is absolutely stunning in my opinion. Also, with my previous iPhones I never had a wallpaper on my home screens (just luck screen) because you couldn't really see it, so now with the slight transparency thought out the system... Needless to say I bought into the whole idea your wallpaper setting the "mood" of your phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    06-15-2013 01:59 AM
    Maybe I'm the only one, but I really like what Apple has done with iOS 7. I don't really like the FaceTime icon. It's way to green. But the new notification center, how transparent everything is, the way messaging is, I just like it. I really do. I feel like nobody likes it because they are used to how iOS has looked since the beginning. Because there really has been no change in it throughout its existence. Obviously there is things that have changed, but the overall look hasn't much. I just don't think people like change. I understand that iOS has "just worked", but just because it looks different doesn't mean it won't anymore.

I think it looks good. I like it. Bring on iOS 7.
    06-15-2013 02:06 AM
    I was extremely skeptical at first, but it's growing on me. It's very refreshing. My only issues at this point is some of the icons like Safari and Settings look downright horrible. And a lot of the icons look so saturated. Then there's the way the Notification Center is organized. It makes it seem so cluttered and it's an extra click to get to what I really care for (the all tab). It's not entirely convenient for my needs. I see what they were trying to do there, but it needs a little mote rethinking.

Passed all that, the 5S/6 may be my next phone if this overhaul progs to make my experiencene stellar. I look forward to seeing how iOS7 will behave on the iPad as well.

Sent from my HTC One
    Ipheuria likes this.
    06-15-2013 09:46 AM
    http://wpuploads.appadvice.com/wp-co...2013/06/17.png

Honestly, every icon from iOS 6 looks much better, clock is virtually the same.
    The only ones I dislike are Safari and Camera icons. If they changed those two I would be satisfied.
    Ipheuria likes this.
    06-15-2013 10:44 AM
    I was extremely skeptical at first, but it's growing on me. It's very refreshing. My only issues at this point is some of the icons like Safari and Settings look downright horrible. And a lot of the icons look so saturated. Then there's the way the Notification Center is organized. It makes it seem so cluttered and it's an extra click to get to what I really care for (the all tab). It's not entirely convenient for my needs. I see what they were trying to do there, but it needs a little mote rethinking.

Passed all that, the 5S/6 may be my next phone if this overhaul progs to make my experiencene stellar. I look forward to seeing how iOS7 will behave on the iPad as well.

Sent from my HTC One
    I totally get what you mean about notification center, but maybe there is a default tab wont ion so you can have the all tab be the main one. I personally get the tabs idea as well, but, like you said, it could prove to be annoying to switch between menus. Time will tell how well this will work. I think the new way has potential but may need some tweaks.
    06-15-2013 04:22 PM
    I hated the old Safari icon. I hate the new one. A compass just doesn't tell me I'm looking for a browser, so even after years on iOS, I constantly look right past Safari.

Are the Phone, iMessage, and Facetime icons a little too green? Maybe so. Then again, those should be the apps used most frequently on a phone, and this is, after all, a phone. So these items stand out so that you can find them.
    06-15-2013 07:38 PM
    Looks gorgeous and refreshed.. Can't wait to have iOS 7 on my iPhone 5
    MrMars likes this.
    06-15-2013 07:46 PM
    I can't wait. Personally, I grow tired of looking at the same thing all the time. Looking forward to the new UI.
    06-15-2013 07:47 PM
    to answer the question in one word, incomplete.
    Picture this:
    Ive working hard on his Dell...er..Mac Book Pro working on the icons. Cook barges in, "Ive we've got 5 minutes until WWDC begins. Are you done yet?" Ive (looking completely haggard): "Just.....give me a moment will you? Applying gradient on the App Store icon..." Cook: "And it's done?" Ive: "No? I still have to design the control centre, the Games Centre icon...the clock, the camera...the..." Cook (obviously angry): "Ok Stop...Just get whatever you have got."

*Curtains*
    06-16-2013 05:16 AM
    I like it. It's refreshing, professional looking, trendy and is what the tech heads claimed they wanted. I'm looking forward to the fall when it is released to the general public.
    I second that emotion! So long as iOS 7 "works" I'll be golden!
    06-16-2013 10:26 AM
    I love that most people hate the same icons I do settings, Safari and Facetime. I can't wait to see what the rest of the world's reaction will be to them, it should be interesting.
    06-17-2013 12:31 PM
    Maybe I'm the only one, but I really like what Apple has done with iOS 7. I don't really like the FaceTime icon. It's way to green. But the new notification center, how transparent everything is, the way messaging is, I just like it. I really do. I feel like nobody likes it because they are used to how iOS has looked since the beginning. Because there really has been no change in it throughout its existence. Obviously there is things that have changed, but the overall look hasn't much. I just don't think people like change. I understand that iOS has "just worked", but just because it looks different doesn't mean it won't anymore.

I think it looks good. I like it. Bring on iOS 7.
    I don't think everyone hates what has been done to iOS 7 I just think there are a few icons that really don't look like they are polished and a few other sniggles. I mean I get that the colors group the icons by usage, messaging - green, online - blue, and the black and grey. However I just think they could have looked a little harder at the colors and maybe rejiggered it. Like I said it's not like icons are going to stop me from using iOS 7 hell no but some are just plain ugly. Facetime with black, grew or blue instead of the green would have looked so much nicer. Like Alli said what is up with using the compass for Safari?
    06-17-2013 12:36 PM
    Love it! No complaints. I think Apple needed to change things up. A majority of the folks were asking for it.

Those on iOS that don't like it will more than likely get used to it and stay with the platform. Those who aren't that was waiting for a drastic change may now come over because of this.
    MrMars likes this.
    06-17-2013 01:12 PM
    I don't think everyone hates what has been done to iOS 7 I just think there are a few icons that really don't look like they are polished and a few other sniggles. I mean I get that the colors group the icons by usage, messaging - green, online - blue, and the black and grey. However I just think they could have looked a little harder at the colors and maybe rejiggered it. Like I said it's not like icons are going to stop me from using iOS 7 hell no but some are just plain ugly. Facetime with black, grew or blue instead of the green would have looked so much nicer. Like Alli said what is up with using the compass for Safari?
    I 110% agree with on the FaceTime icon. I really hope that changes when iOS 7 drops. It is way to green. Messages and phone can be green all day long, but FaceTime should be changed.
    Ipheuria likes this.
    06-17-2013 01:36 PM
45 12