iOS7 Gorgeous!

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I feel so so about it. I like the change but the what seems like rushed effort(which hopefully will be fixed come official launch) with the icons that some to seem to not flow with the rest seems to be un-apple like IMO.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Then don't upgrade when it comes out. Don't ever buy another Apple product if your so displeased. Find something that pleases you... and quietly move on...

Man tough crowd. Not sure why these forums are getting as bad as the bgr site with anytime someone has any displeasure with apple it's blah don't buy it blah blah. Ever think those people want IOS just don't like the new OS? These are forums where that type of discussion should be welcomed, especially from a mod. And btw I welcome the new look but can see why some people do not.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Problem is it looks like it was inspired by this
http://dreamfollow.com/lilypad/pictures/rainbowbright.gif

And it's strange considering how so many people here said iOS needed no changes, was "perfect", and now they make a bad Windows 8 copy and every body loves it, I don't buy it, it looks like absolute ****.

The same way people said apple didn't need to make a larger iPhone or smaller iPad because both were perfect size, and then loved when they did it anyway.

Chiranjeev

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Seriously guys ignore haters. They will never stop hating. They suck. Ios7 is pure class. I really DNT think Samsung or any other can make such high class UI.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Man tough crowd. Not sure why these forums are getting as bad as the bgr site with anytime someone has any displeasure with apple it's blah don't buy it blah blah. Ever think those people want IOS just don't like the new OS? These are forums where that type of discussion should be welcomed, especially from a mod. And btw I welcome the new look but can see why some people do not.

I agree. As someone who is relatively new to this forum (and to iPhone), I'm disappointed with the behavior of some of the mods here. Looks like dissenting opinions are not welcome.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I agree. As someone who is relatively new to this forum (and to iPhone), I'm disappointed with the behavior of some of the mods here. Looks like dissenting opinions are not welcome.

The mods are just following orders from the high command.

The issue with some of the dissenting voices is that regardless of what Apple does, they always voice their displeasure. The current beta release of iOS 7 is no different. The expression "haters gotta hate" applies here. Some of these folks would complain if you handed them a crisp, new $100 bill because it wasn’t five $20 bills.

The key to all of this is that it’s a the first beta release of a new mobile operating system. Some kvetched and moaned that iOS was getting stale, so Apple changed it up. Now, let’s all just give Apple and its designers a chance to sort it all out...

Last edited:

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site

The issue with some of the dissenting voices is that regardless of what Apple does, they always voice their displeasure. The current beta release of iOS 7 is no different. The expression "haters gotta hate" applies here. Some of these folks would complain if you handed them a crisp, new $100 bill because it wasn?t five $20 bills.

The key to all of this is that it?s a the first beta release of a new mobile operating system. They kvetched and moaned that iOS was getting stale, so they changed it up. Now, let?s all just give Apple and its designers a chance to sort it all out...

Sure, there are haters out there. Sure, there are those who are never satisfied. But there are also those who are genuinely disappointed and who wanted better. I'm not saying that I'm any of these people, but I respect that everyone has a right to their opinion and should be able to voice it. Of course, others have the right to blast them for it, but when mods get in here with that "don't let the door hit you on the way out" mentality, that's where I have a problem.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Sure, there are haters out there. Sure, there are those who are never satisfied. But there are also those who are genuinely disappointed and who wanted better. I'm not saying that I'm any of these people, but I respect that everyone has a right to their opinion and should be able to voice it. Of course, others have the right to blast them for it, but when mods get in here with that "don't let the door hit you on the way out" mentality, that's where I have a problem.

Again, this is the FIRST release of a new design of iOS... give it a few iterations before blasting it completely.

And regarding the mods, I’ve been around here a long time and have yet to see any overbearing action by the mods. Remember the golden rule: the one with the gold makes the rules. There are plenty of other forums around the internet to discuss Apple and their products. I don’t want to see anyone leave, but if one has an issue with how this place (or any other, for that matter), go find one that works for you. It’s really not that hard, and life's too short to constantly be fighting with anyone.

Just my view from the outside.

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Again, this is the FIRST release of a new design of iOS... give it a few iterations before blasting it completely.

And regarding the mods, I?ve been around here a long time and have yet to see any overbearing action by the mods. Remember the golden rule: the one with the gold makes the rules. There are plenty of other forums around the internet to discuss Apple and their products. I don?t want to see anyone leave, but if one has an issue with how this place (or any other, for that matter), go find one that works for you. It?s really not that hard, and life's too short to constantly be fighting with anyone.

Just my view from the outside.

No worries here. Just sharing my thoughts. If visiting the forums becomes unenjoyable, trust me, I'll find another place to land.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site

Totally agree, we're not talking about people who's never satisfied no matter what, we're referring to forum members who seem to hate when a legit negative comment or point of view is posted, I particularly love the new IOS but I have no problem at all with someone saying that it sucks, even without reason, of course you have to watch for a pattern when someone is just trolling all the time, but I HAVE seen a few getting extremely defensive when someone disagrees strongly with them.
There are haters on both sides and we need to be careful with that.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
As a moderator, I see a different side of the forums than I did prior to becoming one. I used to read threads that interested me, help out whenever I could and basically viewed things innocently. Now, however, I see troll trends, blatant fraud, deceptive and slick advertising, scams, cookie stuffing and other things. Therefore, what could be viewed as a simple thread that was closed for no reason could have been filled with one or more of the things I mentioned above. Also, we have to deal with members who want their voices heard, but don't want ours to be heard. For instance, they want to be able to say all sorts of things but want to cry foul when a moderator, who is also a member of this forum, state his or her opinion that may be in contrast. I've been told that I am too helpful and too polite and that it gets on people's nerves. I kid you not! My point is this: Every member has an opinion and that's okay. Moderators are members with an opinion, too, and just because we may speak out in opposition of something you posted, it doesn't mean we're out to get you or out to keep you from speaking out. We're simply participating in the discussion just like you are. Sometimes we'll be in agreement and sometimes we won't. Anyway, that's my two cents. Take care. :)

Last edited:

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Justme'd , you are a gentleman.... You always engage everyone in a respectful manner, even when in disagreement.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I agree wholeheartedly. Justme'd does a great job as a mod. Your colleagues should take note.

Thank you, but my colleagues do a heckuva job. We have our own personalities as well as our good days and bad days just like everybody else. Heck, we even agree to disagree among ourselves on occasions, but that's how it is in life. Know what I mean?...:)...We make adjustments and then move on.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I didn't like the iPhone 4 design initially compared to the iPhone 3GS but I got used to it because I was more interested in what's under the hood of OS than the look of the phone. I feel the same way about iOS 7 except that I like the look. As long as I can do what I need to do I'm good. I always thought Android had a good looking OS but it's just too fragmented for me.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site

The issue with some of the dissenting voices is that regardless of what Apple does, they always voice their displeasure. The current beta release of iOS 7 is no different. The expression "haters gotta hate" applies here. Some of these folks would complain if you handed them a crisp, new $100 bill because it wasn’t five $20 bills.

Let me respond here to this..

These kind of reactionary responses by what many consider "fanboys" is seen all across the internet, no matter what the discussion is about, it's the same thing no matter if it's a political forum or an automotive forum. You have people that have blind allegiance to their beloved brand/political party/popsicle flavor etc. Now, I don't think there is anything wrong with being a fan, but I do find fault when that blinds someone from seeing any faults, mistakes, or wrongdoing from said company. Absolute praise breeds laziness and stagnation, when people demand better things from any organization you are far more likely to see that organization improve. It's always been the people who care about what a organization does who actually want to see it succeed, it's fair weather fans who jump on bandwagons and will be gone the first second the ship starts to sink.

And as far as calling people "haters", I'm sorry, but that's a juvenile, ignorant buzzword that seems to originate in trashy rap music from morons who can't figure out why people find their taste rather disgusting. Now it's spread anytime anyone takes issue with anything, they get branded a "hater". Or... we "suck", that's a mature, well thought out counter-argument!:laughing:

Now that's the way I see things, if people don't agree with my opinions, or others who dislike iOS 7, they can move on as well, ignore it, why let it bother you, if you like it great, no need to call people haters, or say they "suck", or tell them to get lost as if any single persons opinions are more valid than anyone else's.

The key to all of this is that it’s a the first beta release of a new mobile operating system. Some kvetched and moaned that iOS was getting stale, so Apple changed it up. Now, let’s all just give Apple and its designers a chance to sort it all out...

True, this gives me hope >Daring Fireball Linked List: Don

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2