iOS7 Gorgeous!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
so iOS7 is definitely the best looking OS out there.. I love it.. the colors are so pretty! and overall the OS has everything we did not have before.. They have nailed the design and even started a new trend with all the colors and design style.. I'm sure Windows and Android users are craving this new look.. they will copy it soon..

iOS 7 does not have "everything we did not have before", but it is a huge step in the right direction. I’d like to see a configurable Control Center where we can add our own apps for quick access... and I’d like to see a quick reply feature for messaging and a few other extensions. But, yes, I really like the new design. Some of the icon colors are a bit bright and overly saturated, but I’m hoping that will change, as this is the first beta, and therefore a work in progress.

Funny that there are already a couple of Android jellybean themes that imitate the look of iOS 7, so yeah, the others may copy it... but give it time to settle in and mature a bit, and I think we're all gonna like it. It’s a huge evolutionary step up from iOS 6.

SOV

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
It's loud, ugly and vulgar IMHO. I think Apple is going to be introduced to fragmentation for real when ios7 ships. Judging from the reactions there is no way 95% of current users would upgrade to that unholy mess.

The way updates are pushed out everyone will get a notification saying a system update is available and I'm sure everyone will update. The only thing that I've seen people backlash and wait for updating was the removal of google maps. Since their app came out there's not really anyone holding out on ios6 now.

Edit: there's just too many new features, even if you somewhat dislike the design, to not upgrade. Keep in mind at some point upgrading will be a requirement to download some newer apps from the App Store.

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
It's loud, ugly and vulgar IMHO. I think Apple is going to be introduced to fragmentation for real when ios7 ships. Judging from the reactions there is no way 95% of current users would upgrade to that unholy mess.

How do you know it's an "unholy mess"? Because it looks bad to you? It's still an apple product. I am sure it is still going to work just like they did before. Sure, it looks different. (Which I absolutely love) but that doesn't mean it's not going to work. Maybe you guys won't upgrade, but I will. That's for sure.

imaip2

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
How do you know it's an "unholy mess"? Because it looks bad to you? It's still an apple product. I am sure it is still going to work just like they did before. Sure, it looks different. (Which I absolutely love) but that doesn't mean it's not going to work. Maybe you guys won't upgrade, but I will. That's for sure.

He's not entirely wrong in saying that it's a mess.. Lot of inconsistencies.. That's very unlike Apple..

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The color scheme and icon design are indeed different, but then again, didn't people want Apple to do something different? Well, they did. As for inconsistencies and such, I will withhold judgment until it is released as a finished product this fall. Other than that, I plan to make the best out of whatever iOS 7 brings. :)

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
He's not entirely wrong in saying that it's a mess.. Lot of inconsistencies.. That's very unlike Apple..

Ok, there could be a very simple reason for the apparent inconsistencies.

First, Jony Ive got the job of designing the look/feel about 6-7 months ago. The interface that we all saw in the WWDC Keynote was fresh. So fresh, in fact, that there wasn’t even a version for any of the iPads available to show off. This is the first beta release, and, while the functionality is pretty stable for a first beta release, there is still a lot of work to do.

I have full confidence that Ive and his team will get it all sorted out... and as iOS 7 evolves through the beta process, we’ll see it come together. Patience, young grasshopper.

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

First, Jony Ive got the job of designing the look/feel about 6-7 months ago. The interface that we all saw in the WWDC Keynote was fresh. So fresh, in fact, that there wasn?t even a version for any of the iPads available to show off. This is the first beta release, and, while the functionality is pretty stable for a first beta release, there is still a lot of work to do.

I have full confidence that Ive and his team will get it all sorted out... and as iOS 7 evolves through the beta process, we?ll see it come together. Patience, young grasshopper.

He's a troll. Don't take him seriously.

Angelo_Campher

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site

First, Jony Ive got the job of designing the look/feel about 6-7 months ago. The interface that we all saw in the WWDC Keynote was fresh. So fresh, in fact, that there wasn?t even a version for any of the iPads available to show off. This is the first beta release, and, while the functionality is pretty stable for a first beta release, there is still a lot of work to do.

I have full confidence that Ive and his team will get it all sorted out... and as iOS 7 evolves through the beta process, we?ll see it come together. Patience, young grasshopper.

This is it really. It is a rather huge shift in UI this time as opposed to previously. People just need to sit back and watch it come together.

CrackedBarry

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

Nope, not just because it looks bad to me, though it sure does.

But also because there is so much in there that's just, objectively speaking: Bad design.

(Part of how you percieve design is subjective: some people like blue, some people like pink. But there are also things in a design that can be judged objectively, and doesn't just depend on one persons opinion. If, for example: the background is so cluttered that you can't read what's in the foreground, that would objectively be a bad design choice, since it takes away from the functionality.)

I could list a couple of examples of what's bad in the new ios7. But instead here's an article that shows another reason why ios7 is worrying me.
Designers Think Apple's New Flat iOS Look Is 'Ugly' and 'Harsh' and Blinding - Rebecca Greenfield - The Atlantic Wire
Designers Think Apple's New Flat iOS Look Is 'Ugly' and 'Harsh' and Blinding

And that is because of WHERE much of the criticism is coming from: Designers and Apple fans (like me).
It's not just here on imore that loyal Apple fans are up in arms over an ugly and very un-Apple like ios7. Look at macosnews.com or other places. There is a vocal minority everywhere that absolutely hates this new design, and that's something that should worry Apple, developers. And iPhone owners/fans alike.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Nope, not just because it looks bad to me, though it sure does.

But also because there is so much in there that's just, objectively speaking: Bad design.

(Part of how you percieve design is subjective: some people like blue, some people like pink. But there are also things in a design that can be judged objectively, and doesn't just depend on one persons opinion. If, for example: the background is so cluttered that you can't read what's in the foreground, that would objectively be a bad design choice, since it takes away from the functionality.)

I could list a couple of examples of what's bad in the new ios7. But instead here's an article that shows another reason why ios7 is worrying me.
Designers Think Apple's New Flat iOS Look Is 'Ugly' and 'Harsh' and Blinding - Rebecca Greenfield - The Atlantic Wire
Designers Think Apple's New Flat iOS Look Is 'Ugly' and 'Harsh' and Blinding

And that is because of WHERE much of the criticism is coming from: Designers and Apple fans (like me).
It's not just here on imore that loyal Apple fans are up in arms over an ugly and very un-Apple like ios7. Look at macosnews.com or other places. There is a vocal minority everywhere that absolutely hates this new design, and that's something that should worry Apple, developers. And iPhone owners/fans alike.

Some people view it as ugly whereas others think it's gorgeous. Some hate it while others love it. It is the same with the iPhone itself. Having said that, Apple should not be worried--not until the sales number significantly decreases. When the next iPhone becomes available for purchase, many of those same people who despise the look of iOS 7 will be among the people placing their orders. Apple will sell millions within minutes, but on the off chance that it doesn't, only then should Apple be worried. Besides, designers, like techies, represent a fraction of the people who buy Apple products.

Last edited:

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Some people view it as ugly whereas other think it's gorgeous. Some hate it while others love it. It is the same with the iPhone itself. Having said that, Apple should not be worried--not until the sales number significantly decreases. When the next iPhone becomes available for purchase, many of those same people who despise the look of iOS 7 will be among the people placing their orders. They will sell millions within minutes, but on the off chance that they don't, only then should Apple be worried. Besides, designers, like techies, represent a fraction of the people who buy Apple products.

Well said and have a good day my friend !!! ☺

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Problem is it looks like it was inspired by this
rainbowbright.gif

And it's strange considering how so many people here said iOS needed no changes, was "perfect", and now they make a bad Windows 8 copy and every body loves it, I don't buy it, it looks like absolute ****.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

And it's strange considering how so many people here said iOS needed no changes, was "perfect", and now they make a bad Windows 8 copy and every body loves it, I don't buy it, it looks like absolute ****.
Then don't upgrade when it comes out. Don't ever buy another Apple product if your so displeased. Find something that pleases you... and quietly move on...

Richard Nieves

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
http://dreamfollow.com/lilypad/pictures/rainbowbright.gif

You are totally entitled to your opinion but all modern operating systems are moving to the simplified look so if your looking for something with heavy textures those days are gone. This is way better than windows phone at least. Some parts like text bubbles and icons do need some work but overall it's very clean and streamlined. My personal opinion? I would have used some more shadows and better icons but overall it's a nice refresh.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I made the jump to the beta today and so far I'm fairly impressed. However, I still have doubts that it will remain fresh enough to stop me from jailbreaking for themes..

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Just like blackberry, iPhone is taking a big step in their operating system.. Yes it's been a while since iOS have majorly improved on their os and now that they finally are.. I am impressed and can't wait

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Last edited:

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Then don't upgrade when it comes out. Don't ever buy another Apple product if your so displeased. Find something that pleases you... and quietly move on...

I still don't get this argument, unless someone agrees with everything Apple does they should just move on? What if I don't want to? I was expecting something great from Jony Ive, he's been hyped up for years as some kind of design God, when it became known he was in charge of iOS 7 the hype went through the roof.

And we see how that turned out, if we allow every forum to become a place where only praise of a company is allowed, even when they foul up, then what a boring place that will be..

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
You are totally entitled to your opinion but all modern operating systems are moving to the simplified look so if your looking for something with heavy textures those days are gone. This is way better than windows phone at least. Some parts like text bubbles and icons do need some work but overall it's very clean and streamlined. My personal opinion? I would have used some more shadows and better icons but overall it's a nice refresh.

Yea and it's a bad thing, windows phones look terrible, it's like a big race to the bottom, I want the beautiful designs to come back.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods