iOS 7 camera still lame compared to Android,,,, bummer !!!

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
One of the things I was really hoping for was one of the most important features of any phone these days,, the camera software ( and the camera itself of course ).

What, with iOS 7 we get some stupid camera filters,,,,,, but still no 16:9 pictures or any software that comes close to the GS4.

My GS4 camera software blows away my ip5 software,,,,, I really wish Apple would had done more for the camera software with iOS 7.

I wonder if the release of the newer iphone 5s or 6 will have more to offer than the iOS 7 camera software.

The rest of iOS 7 looks cool and some very welcome up-grades but I think the camera department was a big let down.

Between the ip5 and the GS4 the picture quality I feel goes to the GS4,,,, but not by much as the ip5 is a pretty nice camera as well.

Ohh well,,,, that's my iOS 7 camera software rant.

Cheers
Davyo

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
One of the things I was really hoping for was one of the most important features of any phone these days,, the camera software ( and the camera itself of course ).

What, with iOS 7 we get some stupid camera filters,,,,,, but still no 16:9 pictures or any software that comes close to the GS4.

My GS4 camera software blows away my ip5 software,,,,, I really wish Apple would had done more for the camera software with iOS 7.

I wonder if the release of the newer iphone 5s or 6 will have more to offer than the iOS 7 camera software.

The rest of iOS 7 looks cool and some very welcome up-grades but I think the camera department was a big let down.

Between the ip5 and the GS4 the picture quality I feel goes to the GS4,,,, but not by much as the ip5 is a pretty nice camera as well.

Cheers
Davyo

Go play with your GS4 then. I sell phones everyday and the GS4 pales in comparison to the user experience the iPhone offers.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes, some of the modes on the GS4 camera are pretty cool. I personally haven't used anything but auto yet though. Part of the reason being you have to set the mode before you take the picture. That's not always easy when you're taking pictures on the fly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Apple has always kept it simple with camera software. I was surprised they even added filters and the square shooting option. I think camera effects are something they would rather leave to developers although they did make a version of iPhoto for iOS.

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Go play with your GS4 then. I sell phones everyday and the GS4 pales in comparison to the user experience the iPhone offers.

Geeze,, typical "iphone only" fanboy'isim response,,,,,,,,, as some one that sees the pros and cons of each device, and very much likes each device, I will never understand that blind fanboy'isim outlook, attitude.

Cheers
Davyo

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes, some of the modes on the GS4 camera are pretty cool. I personally haven't used anything but auto yet though. Part of the reason being you have to set the mode before you take the picture. That's not always easy when you're taking pictures on the fly.

Yeah I'm not sure I would use even a quarter of what the GS4 offers in terms of camera options. Can you apply some of those effects later or only as you take a picture? I tend to like shoot and edit later. I also like having an effect free version too. Does the G4 save a regular version too?

CrackedBarry

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
The camera on the S4 is meh-so-so, but the camera software is a joke.

Protip: Assaulting the user with gimmicks that masquerades as features, and sticking buttons everywhere like on the S4 does neither good design nor good camera software make. (Samsung could really learn something here from HTC)

Besides, there's an app for that, if you really need 16:9 pictures. And most of them cost a buck or two.

If however, you really are either so poor, or so cheap, that you demand this functionality be built in to the stock app, I truly pity you, good sir.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Cheers
Davyo

Put this in the column "If your xxx phone is so much better, why are you concerned with what the iPhone is or does"? Open your wallet, take out your cash or credit card and go vote for your favorite phone/OS/ecosystem. Really? SMH

It comes down to one simple thing. Use what works for you.

Next...

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Put this in the column "If your xxx phone is so much better, why are you concerned with what the iPhone is or does"? Open your wallet, take out your cash or credit card and go vote for your favorite phone/OS/ecosystem. Really? SMH

It comes down to one simple thing. Use what works for you.

Why are there responses like this? Just because he likes the GS4 camera software better doesn't mean he likes the GS4 better. People are allowed to have pros and cons of every device, and believe it or not the iphone 5 and ios 7 are not going to be perfect, no phone/software is. So people are going to have little rants
Next...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Basically it’s a "no win" situation. People bash new concepts for one of two reasons: (1) it doesn’t go far enough/isn't enough of a change/isn't what I expected; and (2) it’s a copy of xxx's operating system.

I get it that no phone/OS/ecosystem is perfect and none are the right fit for everyone... but, wow...

We all have to get to the point where it works, it works "good enough" or it doesn’t work at all... find the phone/OS/ecosystem that works for best you and go there. That. Is. All.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
the iphone 5 camera hardware - and subsequently picture quality - BLOWS aways that of the GS4 fisher price plastic camera... OP is just trolling...

next iphone's camera will be better yet, further distancing itself from the Android toys...

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I am a professional photographer so I obviously take pictures and alot of them. When I look at purchasing a lens, camera, etc etc I am looking at quality of the image it produces period. I dont need it to shoot 734 frames per second, have 29 modes I will never use, pre-set filters, in camera HDR, or anything else crazy they may come up with. If I want to change an images appearance I use a dedicated program/app for that.

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Oops this is a reply to Fausty.

Except he stated in the OP that he has an iPhone 5. He is simply pointing out the differences in phones he owns and that he prefers one software over another. Not a big deal and an acceptable critique if native software options are something you favor.

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
the iphone 5 camera hardware - and subsequently picture quality - BLOWS aways that of the GS4 fisher price plastic camera... OP is just trolling...

next iphone's camera will be better yet, further distancing itself from the Android toys...

Ahh,,,,, sorry, but me the OP is not trolling,,,, if you take a moment to check my posting history you will see I am a big iPhone fan and Android fan (I post on both iMore and the Android forums), I also own iPads (which I'm typing on one right now) and also own an Android tablet (Nexus 10).

As far as the picture quality of the iP5 blowing away the GS4 perhaps you should do as I and other's have done and A/B the pictures with BOTH phones in hand,,, my personal results were almost a draw,,, in some cases the iP5 took the best picture and in some cases the GS4 took the best picture,,,,,,,,,, neither phone blew the other away.

Cheers
Davyo

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
The camera is the same camera. It shoots gorgeous photos - particularly if you're using the iPhone 5. When I use DSLR, I don't do settings, why would I do it on a camera phone? I'm not quite sure what the OP wants here.

I do like the way(s) you can now move easily from stills to video. It's much faster than the tiny switch in iOS 6.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Yeah this is how I feel. I had the GS4 for 2 weeks and the camera modes are cool but for the most part, it's not functional because most pictures we take are on the fly and no one has time to figure out which is the right mode and also if the conditions aren't ideal for the most then it won't capture anything and you've missed your moment. For instance, I was testing out the drama (because it is a cool feature) but I had to have my son run and do his flip 6 times before it would take it. This was outside in our front yard on a sunny day but apparently you have to be at the "correct" distance and lighting conditions for it to work. And the previous 5 times it didn't capture anything. So it's not like it could only capture part and keep that. So I didn't like that and not something I would take a chance on in a real life situation. That's just my experience with it. Those features are cool but they have to be functional as well. I do like how on my One you can use several of the modes AFTER you take the picture which is ideal but the camera quality isn't as good as the iPhone or GS4. Win some lose some, I guess LOL.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm finding the camera response in iOS 7 to be even faster than it was (which was already blazing fast) on iOS 6 (this is on an iPhone 5)

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I would expect more advanced camera features to be announced with the new hardware, I hope the 5S or whatever its to be called gets OIS and a much improved sensor.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711