Poll - How is the battery life of iOS 7 on your iPhone 5?

How is the battery life on your iPhone 5 with iOS 7?

• Good

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • Bad

Votes: 69 54.8%
  • Still testing

Votes: 26 20.6%
  • other (let us know below)

Votes: 4 3.2%

• Total voters

ddmacpp

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
With light use got about 4 hrs with the iphine 5 ios 6.1.4 but 6.5 hrs with ios 7. Some some hope as this is early beta that 7 could end up being quite a bit better on battery use. Hopefully Apple will realize the battery drain issue has become an important one. Ios 7 may have some new methods of managing battery life too. We will see!

bjones37wwu

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
after upgrade to IOS 7 my iphone 5 just went from 100% battery to 12% in 2 hours !!
My first install had similar battery drain issues. I'm not super great at diagnostics, but what I found was there was something wrong with the multitasking ability when I restored from a previous backup. Check to see if this happens on yours: kill all of your apps and then hard reboot, when I reopened the multitasker, all of the apps I just killed were still running. Probably why my phone was getting so dang hot as well, the processor was putting in some overtime.

Soooo- I tried a fresh install, but this time I chose "set up as new iphone" and now battery life is great and it doesn't feel like my phone is going to burn a hole in my pocket. Give it a try to see if that helps, it did for me.

gary.l.fletcher

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I've been running my iphone 5 on iOS 7 since last night. Unplugged at 0600, have not plugged back in to charge and have not used my mophie battery pack. Right now (1741) or almost 12 hours later I have 18% left. Granted, I've played some games here and there, used iMessage and safari and waze but it was also a busy day at work and I didn't use it as much as I would normally.

boldBud

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Had a bad experience the first day, but it's going pretty good now.

4hrs 4mins usage
13hrs 29mins standby
43% remaining

9ivan7

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Battery life as of yet is pretty poor, had to reinstall iOS 7 as battery drained within a matter of 2 hours on very light use. After reinstall slightly better with 15% loss in 1 hour however still not the greatest! Obviously being a beta there a lot of kinks to work out especially with the numerous glitches I have found like when double clicking on the lock screen to bring up the music controls the time does not disappear instead the music controls appear over it making for a very confusing layout thankfully it disappears after a few seconds. Hopefully beta 2 brings some serious improvements because there are a lot more flaws than usual in my experience especially when in relation to general interface, given it is such a great update though maybe this is to be expected in anyway it is the best iOS update apple has ever released

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
1. It's beta
2. Apps are not coded to work with iOS 7 at this time, so yes some may not work at all, or some may crash endlessly.
3. It's beta
4 It's beta
5. Guess what... It's the first Beta of iOS 7, Let dev's do their work and Apple work out their kinks... because in the long run.... Right now it's BETA

The OP wasn't expecting anything perfect( from their comments) and they know it is a beta. I am not sure why you always have to be so negative, all the OP was asking was how battery is. At least this thread wasn't whining like some of the others about the betas. No need to jump down their throats.

NAMISH

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
You've noticed a changed in the length it takes to charge the phone?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Yes I did, but mainly when I was charging it against my laptop. I moved back to iOS 6.1.4 on my i5. Gonna install iOS 7 on my secondary device (i4)... (Yes I am aware that the beta is not supposed to be a daily driver)

TrystanLG

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
The battery life is good for me I get about 10hr to 15hr or constant use, but it also depends on how good your reception is on your mobile, I find it if you turn 4g off and also a few other thing in settings off, the battery seems to last,

ios4ever

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Had to charge phone 2x and Mophie Pack 2x in 12hrs. It was great at 1st... Going back to iOS 6 on primary device....oh well. Unlike others I knew I couldn't keep it primary... Will just play on secondary

Park

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
What difference does it make? You should only be installing iOS 7 to test your apps, not as your daily driver. At this point, battery is the least of the issues.

No need to be so snarky, geez.

Maybe some people like to install it to test out the new UI, or maybe a developer can't afford a second device for testing (did you even think of that?). The point is, this is a thread discussing how the battery life is on iOS 7 beta 1, and it's not really anyone's business *why* anyone has it on their iPhone. You're not the iOS police.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro