Poll - How is the battery life of iOS 7 on your iPhone 5?

How is the battery life on your iPhone 5 with iOS 7?

• Good

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • Bad

Votes: 69 54.8%
  • Still testing

Votes: 26 20.6%
  • other (let us know below)

Votes: 4 3.2%

• Total voters

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Mine was at 18% after 6 hrs. Just under 2 hrs of use. Not good! Since the beta didn't have a working eBay app and the terrible battery I went back to 6.1.4. Really liked the update but I will wait till fall for the official.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
What difference does it make? You should only be installing iOS 7 to test your apps, not as your daily driver. At this point, battery is the least of the issues.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
What difference does it make? You should only be installing iOS 7 to test your apps, not as your daily driver. At this point, battery is the least of the issues.

I believe most people are using it as there daily driver. Battery is important to me!

sanzen71

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Idle battery life is great. It lost 1% overnight(8 hours). When using it however, I can get 30 minutes out of 10% of the battery.

Same here. Forgot to plug my phone in after install and was so shocked that my battery didn't budge. Good things can come of this.....hopefully

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
That's the point! You shouldn't be using it as your daily driver!! This is a developmental tool, not intended to be a reliable operating system!

Again most people I know that are using it for there daily driver we all know its a beta and it's gonna have issues and as the months go bye it will hopefully only get better. I wanted to test it out just to get a feel of the new iOS 7. It's nice,quick. Not used to the different colors. But I believe in time it will settle in with me. I'm not knocking it. I would still be using it if eBay app worked and the battery could get me past 6 hrs. We'll see in beta 2 or 3 what's improved.

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Again most people I know that are using it for there daily driver we all know its a beta and it's gonna have issues and as the months go bye it will hopefully only get better. I wanted to test it out just to get a feel of the new iOS 7. It's nice,quick. Not used to the different colors. But I believe in time it will settle in with me. I'm not knocking it. I would still be using it if eBay app worked and the battery could get me past 6 hrs. We'll see in beta 2 or 3 what's improved.

Sorry if I came across as harsh but your post made it sound like you were using it as your daily driver and were complaining about battery life. I agree with you that later betas should be more reliable as we get to the GM candidate. I will consider using it as reports get better, but right now, as much as I'd love to try it, I can wait.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if I came across as harsh but your post made it sound like you were using it as your daily driver and were complaining about battery life. I agree with you that later betas should be more reliable as we get to the GM candidate. I will consider using it as reports get better, but right now, as much as I'd love to try it, I can wait.

No prob! See I couldn't wait lol! Had to load it up. It's very nice but being the 1st beta it has it's usual bugs. I can patiently wait for the official release now that I've tried it.

phinx404

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I found doing a restore and reloaded from iCloud and runs much better. I have zero issues except battery drains little quick. I lose 10-20% faster than normal. Not bad considering beta 1.

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Battery life is absolutely terrible for me too, went from 100% to 10% in just 4 hours! I was using it more than usual, but screen brightness was low and I was just doing general stuff - It is still Beta of course, so can't really complain about it too much, i'd be shocked if the battery wasn't considerably better by the final release

abazigal

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I think you may want to consider turning off frequent location services in the settings. It supposedly keeps a log of the places you frequent most often, but also seems to be a real battery hog.

raduzl74

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
For me on iPhone 4S is good, a little below the 6.1.3 with the same settings.

I've switch to off the automatic download and we'll see. I'll came back in the following days with updates.

boldBud

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Mines not great.

Had it around 95% when I went to bed. Woke up seven hours later and it was at 71%.

The weird thing is my Usage is somehow at 7hrs 29mins usage while by standby is 8hrs 52mins. I've been sleeping too much to know that's real.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox