View Poll Results: How is the battery life on your iPhone 5 with iOS 7?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good

27 21.43%
  • Bad

69 54.76%
  • Still testing

26 20.63%
  • other (let us know below)

4 3.17%
    I believe most people are using it as there daily driver. Battery is important to me!
    That's the point! You shouldn't be using it as your daily driver!! This is a developmental tool, not intended to be a reliable operating system!
    BLiNK likes this.
    06-11-2013 08:46 PM
    That's the point! You shouldn't be using it as your daily driver!! This is a developmental tool, not intended to be a reliable operating system!
    Again most people I know that are using it for there daily driver we all know its a beta and it's gonna have issues and as the months go bye it will hopefully only get better. I wanted to test it out just to get a feel of the new iOS 7. It's nice,quick. Not used to the different colors. But I believe in time it will settle in with me. I'm not knocking it. I would still be using it if eBay app worked and the battery could get me past 6 hrs. We'll see in beta 2 or 3 what's improved.
    06-11-2013 08:55 PM
    Again most people I know that are using it for there daily driver we all know its a beta and it's gonna have issues and as the months go bye it will hopefully only get better. I wanted to test it out just to get a feel of the new iOS 7. It's nice,quick. Not used to the different colors. But I believe in time it will settle in with me. I'm not knocking it. I would still be using it if eBay app worked and the battery could get me past 6 hrs. We'll see in beta 2 or 3 what's improved.
    Sorry if I came across as harsh but your post made it sound like you were using it as your daily driver and were complaining about battery life. I agree with you that later betas should be more reliable as we get to the GM candidate. I will consider using it as reports get better, but right now, as much as I'd love to try it, I can wait.
    06-11-2013 09:01 PM
    That is awful. We're your apps closed? Are you running iCloud?
    06-11-2013 09:05 PM
    Sorry if I came across as harsh but your post made it sound like you were using it as your daily driver and were complaining about battery life. I agree with you that later betas should be more reliable as we get to the GM candidate. I will consider using it as reports get better, but right now, as much as I'd love to try it, I can wait.
    No prob! See I couldn't wait lol! Had to load it up. It's very nice but being the 1st beta it has it's usual bugs. I can patiently wait for the official release now that I've tried it.
    06-11-2013 09:14 PM
    exactly why this thread is a little ridiculous
    carrickfergus likes this.
    06-11-2013 09:26 PM
    exactly why this thread is a little ridiculous
    Haha agreed I am using it as my DD but I'm not going to complain cause I know this is a beta and there will be issues, that I expected.

Sent from the collector home world.
    06-11-2013 09:44 PM
    I found doing a restore and reloaded from iCloud and runs much better. I have zero issues except battery drains little quick. I lose 10-20% faster than normal. Not bad considering beta 1.
    06-11-2013 09:49 PM
    mine is garbage
    06-11-2013 10:43 PM
    mine is garbage
    Did you restore from backup or set up as a new iPhone?
    06-11-2013 11:02 PM
    Battery life is absolutely terrible for me too, went from 100% to 10% in just 4 hours! I was using it more than usual, but screen brightness was low and I was just doing general stuff - It is still Beta of course, so can't really complain about it too much, i'd be shocked if the battery wasn't considerably better by the final release
    06-12-2013 12:33 AM
    I think you may want to consider turning off frequent location services in the settings. It supposedly keeps a log of the places you frequent most often, but also seems to be a real battery hog.
    06-12-2013 06:34 AM
    That should change with the additional beta's; you think?
    06-12-2013 09:26 AM
    Mine seems just as good f not better than under iOS 6.
    06-12-2013 09:52 AM
    For me on iPhone 4S is good, a little below the 6.1.3 with the same settings.

I've switch to off the automatic download and we'll see. I'll came back in the following days with updates.
    06-12-2013 10:12 AM
    Mines not great.

Had it around 95% when I went to bed. Woke up seven hours later and it was at 71%.

The weird thing is my Usage is somehow at 7hrs 29mins usage while by standby is 8hrs 52mins. I've been sleeping too much to know that's real.
    06-12-2013 10:42 AM
    Mine is pretty bad. Not as bad at the first beta for iOS5 though. And yeah, the phone really heats up bad.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk
    They definitely have some FINE TUNING to do especially in the heat department. I was wondering about that myself.
    06-12-2013 10:59 AM
    Did you restore from backup or set up as a new iPhone?
    Does that make a difference??
    06-12-2013 11:00 AM
    Hot and poor battery life.
    5 hours locked with only alarm set, went down 12%.

Looks like Im going back....
    06-12-2013 12:57 PM
    Is the battery life issue enough for me not to upgrade to iOS 7? Because I really enjoy the new interface and colors but I wouldn't want my battery draining ridiculously. If it does drain faster, how much faster compared to normal on the iPhone 5? Thanks
    06-12-2013 03:28 PM
    Is that works? and the app not hung just have some weird problem when install you just need to go app store search the apps which hold and click open then it will be just fine
    06-12-2013 04:04 PM
    I restored a backup from 6.1.4 and my battery seems the same. No severe draining
    issues or anything of that nature. Phone heats up at times when I have certain apps
    going and doing a lot of typing simultaneously. Then again, I've never been the type
    to watch my battery life like an Eagle.
    06-12-2013 05:14 PM
    Mine did too, and the temp went to 115 degrees F
    06-12-2013 05:33 PM
    Well im quite happy with the battery life in iOS7 what i normally do is in privacy settings i switched off location service with the apps i dont need so i only have

App Store - ON
    Camera - ON
    Google Maps - ON
    Maps - ON
    Siri - ON
    Speedtest - ON
    vouchercloud - ON

and then scroll down and click SYSTEM SERVICES

I have

Cell Network Search - ON
    Diagnostics & Usage - ON
    Setting Time Zone - ON
    Wi-Fi Networking - ON

Everything is OFF

I also switched off the notifications with apps I dont really need notifications.

Mainly mail, Facebook, WatsApp. twitter and instagram are on etc

Also I changed some of the Fetch, Manual and Push settings for things which dont need.

Eg my mail is on Fetch
    iCloud Calendar is on Manual
    iCloud -> Find My iPhone is on Manual

i also switched OFF Background App Refresh in General Settings

In Cellular Settings I have iCloud Docs and iTunes and Passbook Updates off, everything on

These settings were also used in iOS 6 (except the background App refresh)

i have had my phone running iOS7 since 4hours after keynote.

From full charged my stats are

[B]Standby 14 Hours and 55mins
    Usage 4hours 56mins[/B]

and my battery is 1% now. (just died 5mins later)

Quite happy.

Everyone having problems try those settings.
    06-12-2013 09:21 PM
    Does the Dynamic Wallpapers drain battery?

I remember the battery draining! Let it drain below 20% and recharge to 100% the battery life improves a lot!
    06-12-2013 11:07 PM
110 1234 ...