Poll - How is the battery life of iOS 7 on your iPhone 5?

How is the battery life on your iPhone 5 with iOS 7?

• Good

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • Bad

Votes: 69 54.8%
  • Still testing

Votes: 26 20.6%
  • other (let us know below)

Votes: 4 3.2%

• Total voters

iPhone4iPad

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
if you're running iOS 7 on your iPhone, let us know how your battery life is.
Considering its a Beta, the Battery isn't all that great for me, but its okay. Not that great though.

NAMISH

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
It's not extremely bad, but it isn't good either... Somewhere in the middle. Waiting to see how it pans out. One thing though, it heats up like anything after short amount of usage... (like 5-15 minutes of usage)

iPhone4iPad

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
It's not extremely bad, but it isn't good either... Somewhere in the middle. Waiting to see how it pans out. One thing though, it heats up like anything after short amount of usage... (like 5-15 minutes of usage)

Mine is pretty bad. Not as bad at the first beta for iOS5 though. And yeah, the phone really heats up bad.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

NAMISH

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
after upgrade to IOS 7 my iphone 5 just went from 100% battery to 12% in 2 hours !!

Thankfully not that bad for me. But probably would fall down in 3-4 hours which is bad enough.

And man! It takes long to charge back up!

NAMISH

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else having issues loading iMore forums? Most of my apps are working properly (as far as the ones that I've tried so far), but iMore Forums which crashes as it tries to load up...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
after upgrade to IOS 7 my iphone 5 just went from 100% battery to 12% in 2 hours !!
Yes, the battery drains pretty quickly at this point. Not unexpected for a first beta release... most of the features are in this build, but there is still a lot of tweaking and tuning to be done...
Anyone else having issues loading iMore forums? Most of my apps are working properly (as far as the ones that I've tried so far), but iMore Forums which crashes as it tries to load up...
Yeah, the iMore forum has been downright unresponsive at times... but then, we?ve taken on a whole crapload of trolls since the WWDC keynote, too... (only half-way kidding!)... something is going in. Once the page loads, it?s ok, but it takes forever to load pages since yesterday morning...

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Charged my phone overnight. 1 hour of Bluetooth streaming during the drive to work and then played with the phone 20-25 minutes and I was at almost 50% battery.

Thankfully I'm never too far from a charger. :)

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
1. It's beta
2. Apps are not coded to work with iOS 7 at this time, so yes some may not work at all, or some may crash endlessly.
3. It's beta
4 It's beta
5. Guess what... It's the first Beta of iOS 7, Let dev's do their work and Apple work out their kinks... because in the long run.... Right now it's BETA

NAMISH

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
1. It's beta
2. Apps are not coded to work with iOS 7 at this time, so yes some may not work at all, or some may crash endlessly.
3. It's beta
4 It's beta
5. Guess what... It's the first Beta of iOS 7, Let dev's do their work and Apple work out their kinks... because in the long run.... Right now it's BETA

Thanks for pointing out the obvious! I'm aware that it's a Beta and not all apps would work right away or properly. Just wanted to check if others were experiencing the same behaviour with iMore forums on iOS 7.

Looking forward to updates...

ios4ever

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Going to put it to the max today.... Will try to see if there is significant difference between leaving apps open or just shutting them down. Glad I have Mophie Case if all goes to hell I'll hit the switch

ericblong

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
i was having huge battery drain and heating issues until i turned off automatic download of apps and updates in Settings -> iTunes & App Stores. a few of my older versions of apps seemed to have hung in the INITIAL sync process after i 'restored' IOS 7, so i had to delete them and reinstall from the app store.

Now with no apps install pending, it is running cool as a cucumber and not noticeable battery drain ;)

blackraven

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
While my battery has drained at a higher rate today, I had steady 2-3 dot signal where I previously maintained 1-2 bars fluctuating. Possible that the extra power is going for signal management like the BB Z10 has (if if poor signal area, it boosts output).

NAMISH

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
i was having huge battery drain and heating issues until i turned off automatic download of apps and updates in Settings -> iTunes & App Stores. a few of my older versions of apps seemed to have hung in the INITIAL sync process after i 'restored' IOS 7, so i had to delete them and reinstall from the app store.

Now with no apps install pending, it is running cool as a cucumber and not noticeable battery drain ;)

Just turned off automatic download of updates... will report back tomorrow if i see an improvement or not.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR