iOS 7 Wont Let Me Connect to WiFi

wamadden4

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Trying to restore from an iCloud backup and it wont let me because I need a WiFi connection and it keeps trying to connect in the initial setup to no avail.... any ideas?

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Trying to restore from an iCloud backup and it wont let me because I need a WiFi connection and it keeps trying to connect in the initial setup to no avail.... any ideas?

Can you connect to iTunes? Mine connected right away try a wipe then restore.

Sent from the collector home world.

wamadden4

May 10, 2011
Visit site
now its not letting me sign into icloud even.... its saying "verification failed the internet connection appears to be offline".... wtf? how do i wipe it?

wamadden4

May 10, 2011
Visit site
When i try to connect to wifi it thinks its connected but in actuality i get the revolving circle next to the network name and nothing connects.....

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Here do this then you can go ahead do a fresh install of 7. This will be some extra steps but be worth it.

Entering DFU Mode (Official Instructions)
Plug your device into your computer.
Turn off the device.
Hold the Power button for 3 seconds
Hold the Home button without releasing the Power button for 10 seconds
Release the Power Button but keep holding the Home button
Keep holding the Home button until you are alerted by iTunes saying that it has detected a device in Recovery Mode

Sent from the collector home world.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Turn WiFi off. Turn it on again.

I was unable to connect to my home WiFi, but could connect to my MiFi and work WiFi (go figure). I restarted the phone...same thing. I even rebooted my router! Finally I turned off WiFi and turned it on again and was able to connect right away.

Devinfowlkes15

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

I had the same problem . I did a soft reset on my phone and reset my network settings . Than waited a while

wamadden4

May 10, 2011
Visit site
It ended up fixing itself, I woke up and it connected to wifi and I was able to restore from iCloud backup... Everything is working swimmingly now... Enjoying iOS 7

Oday Thudor

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm having same issue on iPhone 4s
uploaded ios7 yesterday, everything going ok.
this morning no wifi !

i turned off modem and phone many times, i even reset network settings and still.
when i try to join my network on wifi, it doesn't accept my wifi password and say unable to join the network.

barryohara

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, need help currently hav 4s on iOS 7.0.2 when I try to connect to wifi I can't accept the certificate, I click it but nothing happens. Other forums say it'll be fixed in beta version 2 but that's what I'm running 7.0.2

Any help would be very much appreciated.
Barry (Ireland)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Mine just doesn't like staying connected.. Almost like it's out of range but I'm not...

1. Reboot your Wireless Router
2. Reboot your iPhone
3. Go to Settings>General>Reset and then select "Reset All Network Settings"

pjbaird

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
I'm having to restart my home router every night when I get home from work. I've never had problems with my phones not connecting to my home network. I'm about ready to take my new 5s back to the store.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods