NEED UDID!!

unstoppablekem

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I put IOS 7 on a phone and then wanted to put it on another phone, but couldn't because I didn't register him. I need his UDID number, but can't use iTunes and can't use that app. Please help asap so I can register him. Thanks.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I put IOS 7 on a phone and then wanted to put it on another phone, but couldn't because I didn't register him. I need his UDID number, but can't use iTunes and can't use that app. Please help asap so I can register him. Thanks.

How can you not use iTunes to find it? You plug it in, click on the serial number and it will switch to the UDID. Update that on your provisioning profile. If you're a registered developer, you are allowed two tech support calls with Apple and they can assist further or you can ask on the developer forums.

aseretis

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Download and install xCode. You should be able to find the UDID there. I don't believe you can get it through iTunes once your phone is "bricked."

unstoppablekem

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Download and install xCode. You should be able to find the UDID there. I don't believe you can get it through iTunes once your phone is "bricked."

And how do I find it in xcode?

Edit: Nvm, I finally figured it out. Wow, that was a long process because it took a long time to install, lol.

Last edited:

ios4ever

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem earlier.... Apple Support are ******* idiots. They never heard of UDID....but anyways I'll save the rant and tell you the Fix.
Go to apple.com and search for "iPhone configuration utility" download it from apple site. Run and install, once installed you launch it and plug your iPhone like usual and it will show up in that window (Not itunes) it looks like a old Skool iTunes window, it will show UDID as "Identifier" copy all those numbers and letters... Write them down carefully and then enter them in the UDID box in the register device developer page page. It took about 20mins to go thru.... It worked for me. Good luck I wasted 2hrs on fixing this issue... Hope it works for you

aseretis

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Open xCode, connect the ios device, under the Window menu click on Organizer. The iPhone should be listed under devices. The UDID will be listed there.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem earlier.... Apple Support are ******* idiots. They never heard of UDID....but anyways I'll save the rant and tell you the Fix.
Go to apple.com and search for "iPhone configuration utility" download it from apple site. Run and install, once installed you launch it and plug your iPhone like usual and it will show up in that window (Not itunes) it looks like a old Skool iTunes window, it will show UDID as "Identifier" copy all those numbers and letters... Write them down carefully and then enter them in the UDID box in the register device developer page page. It took about 20mins to go thru.... It worked for me. Good luck I wasted 2hrs on fixing this issue... Hope it works for you

Let's be fair. The typical support isn't meant to be there for developers. Part of the fee to be a developer is to weed out people that don't belong in the developer program.

It DOES show up in iTunes. It shows up in the config utility. It shows up in xcode.

While you're ranting, are you actually a developer or are you just paying to get access to a beta that you're not adequately prepared to deal with? They're called beta releases because they'll have problems. Are you planning to call and pout when you can't figure those out too? =/

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711