iOS 7 Developer Beta info and Bug discussion

Droidrage729

May 31, 2012
Visit site
So weird how this beta is differing so much for each person cause I have had very little issues. Only thing is my phone resprings after I update apps.

Sent from the collector home world.

Yes I did a clean install and had no letters on my keyboard. I mean it just froze and resprung. it was more stable on my "dirty" install.

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Siri just started respring when use one lockscreen. After I told her who my wife is in contacts.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I agree, you would think that the problems would be universal but no dice. I guess I am one of the lucky ones as I get fantastic battery life and all my daily driver apps works fine, I will be excited to see what beta 2 fixes as I think this beta is relatively stable compared to beta 1s of the past.

Angelo_Campher

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I agree, you would think that the problems would be universal but no dice. I guess I am one of the lucky ones as I get fantastic battery life and all my daily driver apps works fine, I will be excited to see what beta 2 fixes as I think this beta is relatively stable compared to beta 1s of the past.

I think Apple would have liked the problems to be universal as well.

Anyway, I'm like you in that I can get a solid 5-6 hours of heavy usage on cellular and plenty more when connected to WiFi. Only real issue I'm having is my pics not uploading to Photo Stream and an inability to get to collections in the Photos app. It crashes when I attempt to go back.

Other than that I'm enjoying the crap out of iOS 7.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Not going to look back at all these posts to see if this was mentioned but has anybody noticed that the touchscreen sensitivity is not the greatest? Especially when swiping through you pages of apps.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Not going to look back at all these posts to see if this was mentioned but has anybody noticed that the touchscreen sensitivity is not the greatest? Especially when swiping through you pages of apps.

I have noticed that I get a few touches that aren't touches, almost like the hover feature on the S4. Not all the time, but sometimes it seems TOO sensitive.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site

I haven't really had any issues with the screen sensitivity, but I noticed the way the interface behaves ( opening and closing apps and folders) is kind of weird and it feels nice but when doing stuff very quickly It kind of slows me down, it just doesn't feel as responsive and fluid as ios6.
I hope I'm wrong but this doesn't seem to be a bug or a beta issue but the way Apple designed the user interface.

Samuel Colombo

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Beta 1 thoughts

I have the UK version of the iPhone 5. (A4372q)

Apps and Bugs IOS 7 - iPhone 5 A1429
Bugs
---------
Apps will randomly say waiting and no
longer work?.
Random iPhone resets
Siri seetings won't sitck
sometimes when editing contacts things overlap/

Apps
---------------------------
1. KiK - Crashes and Closes on launch

2. Barclays Mobile Banking - Gets stuck on Verify code page

3. Skype - Crashes if you try to IM someone, but can recieve and make calls

4. Find my iPhone - crashes during login, then if reopened stuck on locating.

5. FaceTime - Can not make FaceTime calls but can receive them.

6. Living earth - Crashes and Closes on launch

Facebook - will sometimes crash

shadski1

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site

I do notice this on 4S. I also hate how sensitive and precise you have to be on touching things/words to navigate around.

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
They must be updating Siri server. Every time I try to use get a soft respring.
USA location

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site

Yes... when typing my passcode, it's almost as though i somehow never touched the keys. I'll have 1-2 numbers missing from the pin.

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site

I tried searching for this with no avail and I apologize if this has already been covered and I missed it, but has anyone else noticed double notifications from 3rd party apps? Also when trying to clear said notifications from the notifications center it appears again and won't go away until you've cleared it a second time.

I've not noticed this in beta 2 yet, but this was a big issue all the time for me in beta 1

lukeforester1

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: iOS 7 Developer Beta info and Bug dicussion

Not really a bug per say, but is anyone else being driven crazy by the choice of keyboard in Safari? My typing habits cause me to put a .com on every word. It needs to be done more like the Chrome keyboard, with the .com along the top of the keys. Also, I have never needed an emoji in a web search. Anyone experiencing these frustrations?

I'm this is an old post but YES I'm constantly deleting accidental ".com's"

Dillon95

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

You need to have the ispw already extracted, which can only be done on a Mac.

thats strange, because i have Windows 7, and i was able to download ios 7 beta no problem, but it is the second beta so there might have been some changes? idk, but i like the beta none the less, no issues except for some app crashing in general (Skype, and Clash Of Clans) other than that, it runs pretty good :)

John24815

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

So far I like iOS 7... At first it was very very different.. But then it grew on me.. Hoping Beta 3 will iron out a bit more for daily use... But not yet.

Ebaneeezor

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site

anyone else not able to search itunes store from the phone? I can select search, but I am stuck at what I searched last before installing Beta 4 and no apparent way to begin a new search or clear the current search displayed.

justinkk2005

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but after installing beta 4 on my AT&T iPad 4th gen... It has been greatly exaggerating signal. In areas that I know AT&T only has 1 bar, it shows full signal. It also does this at my house where I know I only have 2-3 bars. I can airplane mode on/off, restart the device, and it still does this. I ultimately went back to iOS 6 today and the problem isn't there anymore. Anyone else having this problem?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2