iOS 7 Developer Beta info and Bug discussion

nheilweil

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: iOS 7 Developer Beta info and Bug dicussion

Damn! That's harsh. This happens to all of my devices (3 iPhone 5's & a 4S) as well as my team's devices. The apps seem to get stuck when apps are queued for update but don't have WiFi or lose it. This morning it happened to 3 if us and what worked was: turn off WiFi, reboot, get back on WiFi, then go into the App Store updates tab and click on the little icon to the right of the apps that are pending until they start up again. On of the guys on my team just tapped the icon a couple times after getting back on WiFi instead of going into the App Store and that had the same effectof pausing and restarting the load sequence.

Good luck!

I should also mention for folks that we were screwed because we were all trying to use the Facebook app but couldn't because it was one of the apps stuck pending an update. And we had no WiFi. It was driving us crazy until one of the guys on my team had the great idea to turn on his Hotspot. We all joined his WiFi and boom within a few minutes of screwing around (per my previous post) we all had our updates and could use the apps again!

stucar1985

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

Has anyone else experienced a bug whilst using the stopwatch in the background I seem to be getting the last couple of digits bleeding through into what ever is above home screen etc

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

I just submitted the bug but can another dev try and tell me if it happens to them too. You must have a passcode on your device in order to test this for me. I'm sorry if it's been posted already I read through and don't remember anyone mentioning it. Lock your device then use the lock screen shortcut to open your camera. Then hit the home button and let me know if it bypasses the passcode and takes you to the home screen?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Lock your device then use the lock screen shortcut to open your camera. Then hit the home button and let me know if it bypasses the passcode and takes you to the home screen?
Goes back to lock screen for me...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

I just submitted the bug but can another dev try and tell me if it happens to them too. You must have a passcode on your device in order to test this for me. I'm sorry if it's been posted already I read through and don't remember anyone mentioning it. Lock your device then use the lock screen shortcut to open your camera. Then hit the home button and let me know if it bypasses the passcode and takes you to the home screen?

Goes back to lock screen for me...

Same here. I get the passcode screen...

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

Same here. I get the passcode screen...

OK thanks guys I usually have the passcode to ask immediately but I think I moved it to 3 minutes. I probably just haven't gotten used to that lol :)

I take that back guys it is a bug probably only on my phone or whatev but my passcode even though it is enabled is not being used. So I was correct, I just switched it to require the passcode immediately locked the device and when I opened and swipe to unlock it went right to the home screen :biggrin:

Here are my passcode settings, autolock in 1 min and passcode required immediately
IMG_4895.PNG

here I lock the device at 12:01
IMG_4896.PNG

It's 12:03 now way past 1 minute and I also locked the device so it should require passcode but look at the time on the home screen
IMG_4897.PNG
IMG_4898.PNG

the camera bypassed my passcode but it also turned off the passcode requirement. I'm just about to reboot and see what happens :)

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

OK got it my first assumption was wrong here is what you try. Make a note of how long it takes before your passcode is required whether locked or through auto lock. Unlock your device then manually lock it your required time for passcode has to be something other than immediately. Now from the lock screen use the camera shortcut to get into the camera. Hit the home button which will take you to the home screen. Now your passcode will be ignored until you reboot.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

I've noticed various passcode issues. They should all definitely be reported. Mine biggest issue is that it is inconsistent on when it asks for the passcode. Also I possible you should attached console logs to your bug report.

I attach screenshots and when they request crash logs etc. I send those in too.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

OK got it my first assumption was wrong here is what you try. Make a note of how long it takes before your passcode is required whether locked or through auto lock. Unlock your device then manually lock it your required time for passcode has to be something other than immediately. Now from the lock screen use the camera shortcut to get into the camera. Hit the home button which will take you to the home screen. Now your passcode will be ignored until you reboot.

Well, I have noticed some flakiness/inconsistency in how the lockscreen/passcode actually functions... I have mine set at 1 minute for both Auto-lock and Passcode lock, and it seems to work fairly consistently now... when I had Passcode lock set at 5 minutes and Auto-lock at 1 minute, it seemed to not work at all... clearly some work to be done there...

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

Well, I have noticed some flakiness/inconsistency in how the lockscreen/passcode actually functions... I have mine set at 1 minute for both Auto-lock and Passcode lock, and it seems to work fairly consistently now... when I had Passcode lock set at 5 minutes and Auto-lock at 1 minute, it seemed to not work at all... clearly some work to be done there...

yeah I'm pretty sure I noticed the same behaviour with my notes app as what I've said with the camera so we'll see what happens in beta 2.

shadski1

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: iOS 7 Beta 1 Thoughts and Bug list

it works as an image, but fixed. FYI, the gif works in imessage.

I downgraded back to IOS6 a couple of days ago, but I was wondering if someone could test something out?

I'm wondering whether the Gif in the link below, would work as a background image, given the new "dynamic backgrounds"? Or if it'd even be possible

So relaxing

shadski1

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: iOS 7 Beta 1 Thoughts and Bug list

Late to the game and new to this site, here are my issues.

iMessage Scrolling issue, Latest message is sometimes below the keyboard and you can see it
Attaching a picture to text crashes the app
Can't send iMessage picture when on Wi-Fi and phone, it fail's.
Camera from lock screen doesn’t work
Camera app doesn’t work sometimes, acts like its taking a picture but never does
Some apps don’t show text when typing “Bomgar rep” is one
Control center do not disturb on/off doesn’t work
Double layered text at top of screens in some apps, mail, iMessage, notifications
Text to speak sucks
Major lag syncing to exchange/populating names when typing emails, etc
4S is extremely warm now when in use

Do not disturb is missing a HUGE feature, if you allow calls from favorites it should also allow text and emails for favorites when in lock screen. Nothing more annoying than do not disturb is enabled and I can’t even get a text from my wife.
Attachment-1-1-1.png

Most of the other issues have already been posted.

Last edited:

morgans13

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site

Does anyone else have a problem with apps updating? It seems like it'll only update on a wifi connection

nheilweil

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Does anyone else have a problem with apps updating? It seems like it'll only update on a wifi connection

Yup and it's a pain if your app is "stuck" in the updating mode waiting for you to get in WiFi! Sure that will be addressed as a fix.

Vapor86

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site

Yup and it's a pain if your app is "stuck" in the updating mode waiting for you to get in WiFi! Sure that will be addressed as a fix.

Tried it again today on a different wifi, reset my phone at least a dozen times, all the apps will open from the app store but they are sitting there saying waiting (tried clicking multiple times), turned wifi on and off. ANYBODY else having this issue and anyone know any solutions?

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site

Seems like the slide to unlock screen is a little wonky. This has happened to me 2 days in a row while taking an afternoon walk. While talking in the phone with earbuds on and the phone in my pocket, it will unlock itself. Multiple times today while on the same call I would randomly start hearing button presses. Once it put the person on hold and started calling another. Now that the whole screen can be used to unlock the phone, I can see how this can happen more often.

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site

This beta seems to be less buggy on iPhone 5. Thank apple just pulled iOS 7 together just in time for show. Running great on my I5 with little bugs, but tried with my I4 and it was like ??? Like they never optimized devises under the 5.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site

If it makes you feel any better about the stuck app, I had it on my iPhone 5 running iOS 6.x. Two days of an app stuck. Couldn't get it to stop or start over. I had to delete the app and install fresh. It's not necessarily an iOS 7 issue, possibly just an app store thang.