iOS 7 Developer Beta info and Bug discussion

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: iOS 7 Developer Beta info and Bug dicussion

Have you folks been able to get AirDrop to work? Haven't had any luck. WiFi & Bluetooth on, tried Contacts Only & Everyone but no one shows up. Devices are three 5's & one 4S all on AT&T.

I tried it earlier today... two iPhones (both were iPhone 5) with iOS 7... I had AirDrop enabled on both phones and configured for Everybody. Phone1 could see and send a photo to phone2. Phone2 could NOT see phone1 and therefore could not initiate a transfer, but COULD receive the photo sent from phone1.

Very perplexing.

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site

I think that more non-developers are helping report more bugs than the developers. Us non's are reporting main bugs were dev's really only care about this. But getting their developed apps working before final release is there main concern.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

I think that more non-developers are helping report more bugs than the developers. Us non's are reporting main bugs were dev's really only care about this. But getting their developed apps working before final release is there main concern.

Tell me, exactly how are you reporting bugs to Apple? Only developers have access to the official bug reporting channel, and access to the developer's forum... And trust me, Apple is putting way more stock in reports of issues/problems/bugs from developers than from the public.

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site

epe7u7ym.jpg

I'm probably wrong but major crashes automatically send to apple if this enabled.

Also if you turn off background app refresh improves battery life.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/18/epe7u7ym.jpg
I'm probably wrong but major crashes automatically send to apple if this enabled.

Yeah, that sends crash reports to Apple - and it’s a feature that’s available in all releases of iOS software, including the GA versions used by everyone... but that is vastly different than "reporting bugs" to Apple engineers in a beta release.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/18/epe7u7ym.jpg

As Faust82 said...

While a crash is a bug, you're not reporting the bug to Apple, just sending crash data, and while that crash data is helpful, crash dumps only tell you so much. A bug report by a seasoned tester/developer is VASTLY superior.

guitarplayer16

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: iOS 7 Beta 1 Thoughts and Bug list

Regarding the caller ID not working - here is what I found. Please comment. iPhone 5 works perfectly for caller id. Also have installed on an iPhone 4S which is a different story. Caller ID on 4S only works if the incoming call is from the same carrier. Otherwise it shows as Unknown. Will see what the next version brings but already emailed Apple to let them know what I see.

I can comment that your theory is correct.
I just got my friend with the same provider to call me, and caller ID worked.
Yes, I have a 4S.

Thanks for clearing this up!

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: Beta 1 thoughts

Spotlight should have options on what to include in the search and actions.

Don't swipe directly from top as it will trigger notification center.

Tap and hold anywhere else on the screen, then swipe down. That should result in spotlight search.

Angelo_Campher

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site

Spotlight should have options on what to include in the search and actions.

Don't swipe directly from top as it will trigger notification center.

Tap and hold anywhere else on the screen, then swipe down. That should result in spotlight search.

There are options of what to include in Spotlight search under general - spotlight search in both iOS 6 & 7.

Predefined actions based on results is an interesting idea though.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Just saw elsewhere a mention that Voice Memos isn't really gone from iOS7 - just wasn't ready for 'prime time' to release with beta1...

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site

How did you downgrade without losing existing data (photos,contacts,apps)

Would be a massive help

Thanks.

Always do a backup on PC or MAC. iCloud backups are not backwards capable. Apple not smart enough to let you save iOS 6 and iOS 7 backups.

ethanongwt

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site

Hi,

just wondering: Is the "Reduce Motion" used for the parallax only? Since it is inside the "Accessibility" function.

Thanks.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Always do a backup on PC or MAC. iCloud backups are not backwards capable. Apple not smart enough to let you save iOS 6 and iOS 7 backups.

Or maybe Apple is just smart enough to not allow it. #perspective

Vapor86

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site

Can someone tell me if anyone has experienced this issue and if there is a solution.

I have had no trouble with updating apps until today when I updated 3 apps and now they are sitting on my screen with the loading bar completely empty/black. I can not open them or delete them. However, I can go into the app store and open them through there. I have tried restarting my phone many times. I cant possibly be the only one experiencing this and my apologies in advance if this has been asked a lot.

nheilweil

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Can someone tell me if anyone has experienced this issue and if there is a solution.

I have had no trouble with updating apps until today when I updated 3 apps and now they are sitting on my screen with the loading bar completely empty/black. I can not open them or delete them. However, I can go into the app store and open them through there. I have tried restarting my phone many times. I cant possibly be the only one experiencing this and my apologies in advance if this has been asked a lot.

Get on WiFi and all will be good. It's frustrating because until you get on WiFi those apps are just stuck in that mode!

Vapor86

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site

Get on WiFi and all will be good. It's frustrating because until you get on WiFi those apps are just stuck in that mode!

Unfortunately, I am at home on wifi and it isn't working. I understand this is to be expected, but this must of happened to someone else?

nheilweil

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Unfortunately, I am at home on wifi and it isn't working. I understand this is to be expected, but this must of happened to someone else?

Damn! That's harsh. This happens to all of my devices (3 iPhone 5's & a 4S) as well as my team's devices. The apps seem to get stuck when apps are queued for update but don't have WiFi or lose it. This morning it happened to 3 if us and what worked was: turn off WiFi, reboot, get back on WiFi, then go into the App Store updates tab and click on the little icon to the right of the apps that are pending until they start up again. On of the guys on my team just tapped the icon a couple times after getting back on WiFi instead of going into the App Store and that had the same effect of pausing and restarting the load sequence.

Good luck!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro