iOS 7 Developer Beta info and Bug discussion

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: iOS 7 Developer Beta info and Bug dicussion

Pros so far for me:
iTunes radio is something special, I like it a lot.
Control Center is very nice.
New UI is a beauty to look at and the background movement with the phone is brilliant.
UI for messaging is lovely as well.
Dots for carrier signal strength looks cleaner than bars.
I love the "moments" feature that bundle your photos together taken in a specific session.
Notes looks extremely clean.

Not really finding many cons. Battery life is normal, apps are running OK, phone really only gets a little warm upon charing.

I have taken some personal notes on my encounter with iOS 7. I am probably going to revert back to 6.1.4 and wait for the official drop to reflect on my notes.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

Pros so far for me:
iTunes radio is something special, I like it a lot.
Control Center is very nice.
New UI is a beauty to look at and the background movement with the phone is brilliant.
UI for messaging is lovely as well.
Dots for carrier signal strength looks cleaner than bars.
I love the "moments" feature that bundle your photos together taken in a specific session.
Notes looks extremely clean.

Not really finding many cons. Battery life is normal, apps are running OK, phone really only gets a little warm upon charing.

I have taken some personal notes on my encounter with iOS 7. I am probably going to revert back to 6.1.4 and wait for the official drop to reflect on my notes.

why revert back? From your description above you're doing way better than most

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site

why revert back? From your description above you're doing way better than most

Eh, just thinking about what the hard working developers are saying in regards to non developers. I got to experience this OS and it's been great, but I guess in all honesty if I can't submit helpful write ups and/or progress the usability of apps then I don't really have a place to test this beta.

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site

Eh, just thinking about what the hard working developers are saying in regards to non developers. I got to experience this OS and it's been great, but I guess in all honesty if I can't submit helpful write ups and/or progress the usability of apps then I don't really have a place to test this beta.

I look at it as I like the beta better than my jailbreak 6.1.4. So I'm going to roll with it and just use iOS 7. Get issues here and there and post for others feedback.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

tommyreyes

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site

This build is very buggy but not annoyingly buggy. I hope Apple brings back the "Download All" option in playlists if you have iTunes Match, not liking having to individually add each song. Don't really care too much for apps not working b/c no apps currently are compatible with iOS 7.

nheilweil

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I hope Apple brings back the "Download All" option in playlists if you have iTunes Match, not liking having to individually add each song.

Yes! I haven't downloaded much because of that. But I really like how you can stream now without having to download -- very handy.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site

The keyboard bug (not being able to type a period without double spacing or being able to type a number at all) stinks but I haven't came across it enough for it to be completely annoying just yet.. lol

tvstudio

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site

Are you acing issues with ringtones I don't not see the he's I paid for and downloaded or custom ones I made

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Are you acing issues with ringtones I don't not see the he's I paid for and downloaded or custom ones I made

Not really sure what you’re asking... but I deduce it’s something about missing ringtones. I have 88 ringtones and all of them are available on my phone and playable via the sounds app. Many are configured for specific contacts and they play exactly as and when they should. So for me, at least, no, no issues with ringtones whatsoever.

v1nn1e

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site

Yup - you have to go to Tones in iTunes, uncheck, sync, check, sync .. to get them to show up.

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

I've absolutely loved IOS7, the only bug I couldn't handle was with the Twitter app, it wouldn't load previous tweets within a conversation and sadly that's something I rely on quite a lot, so I've downgraded back to IOS6.

IOS 6 feels completely inferior now! Still, can't wait for the official release, I'll leave it to the developers now

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

The keyboard bug (not being able to type a period without double spacing or being able to type a number at all) stinks but I haven't came across it enough for it to be completely annoying just yet.. lol

never seen or heard of it, yet. works for me every time

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

My developer account expired today but I'm still running ios 7 beta on my phone.
Question.
Do you think I can still upgrade to the next beta if I just click update on iTunes instead of restore?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

My developer account expired today but I'm still running ios 7 beta on my phone.
Question.
Do you think I can still upgrade to the next beta if I just click update on iTunes instead of restore?

why would you chance the possibility of your device being useless at any given time?

like let's say your at work all day and do not have the ability to downgrade until you get home, due to your UDID Not being registered any longer

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

why would you chance the possibility of your device being useless at any given time?

like let's say your at work all day and do not have the ability to downgrade until you get home, due to your UDID Not being registered any longer

Yeah you got a point. I'll just pay for it tomorrow. I just realised that when I updated my iPhone 5 to ios 7 beta through the update option on iTunes it worked although I didn't register my device before adding my device on the developer portal before it expired.

C Hoorel

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site

Not really a bug per say, but is anyone else being driven crazy by the choice of keyboard in Safari? My typing habits cause me to put a .com on every word. It needs to be done more like the Chrome keyboard, with the .com along the top of the keys. Also, I have never needed an emoji in a web search. Anyone experiencing these frustrations?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR