iOS 7 Developer Beta info and Bug discussion

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: iOS 7 Beta 1 Thoughts and Bug list

​Bug list means bugs with the os, not 3rd party apps. Those are not bugs. And therein lies the problem. Most of you don't even know that. You can't even report actual bugs because you don't have developer accounts.

I understand that, and thanks for the assumption. Pretty sad when the mods act like this here. People are still wanting to know what is working and what is not, so time to move on man.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

I understand that, and thanks for the assumption. Pretty sad when the mods act like this here. People are still wanting to know what is working and what is not, so time to move on man.

Alli's point is well taken. There are bugs in iOS and there are problems caused by the apps not functioning properly under the iOS 7. The distinction is huge, as the resolution differs - either report the bug to Apple (iOS bug) or ignore it until the app is updated (app issue/incompatibility).

Complaining that "the mods act like this" seems petty, especially when they are simply stating fact.

papadonna

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site

Ive only seen minor Issues so far:

-Animations are slow to progress at times

-Battery seems to take longer to charge when apps are running in the background

-Text will jumble up when going in and out of various apps (Facebook, etc)

-Recieving mulitple notifications from apps (maybe two or three back to back)

-No way to rate music

I know this is the beta so they are expected, just providing my experience.

Last edited:

Zachary O

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

I've noticed that you can download an entire playlist anymore. You have to download each song by itself.
Also, when a folder is in the bottom row, when clicked there is no smooth transition. But when the folder is moved to anywhere else it is not a problem.
The unlock screen with music is absolutely horrible.
Auto-Update can sometimes crash my phone after exiting the app store.
iTunes Radio is a tad sluggish.
My battery life is sub-par, but it's not that bad.

Running an iPhone 5 - Verizon

Zachary O

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

Did anyone else notice in the ads Apple showed and made only white iPhone 5s were used and the color scheme for them is all white.

I'm wondering if they prevented from using black because white is more generic and in the next few updates your color scheme will be based on the color iPhone you have.

Hinting towards more colors??

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

It matters because regular users will load a beta OS on their phone... download an app - and the app doesn't work... then they will go to the Developer's Facebook page and raise Hades because the app don't work... and will go into iTunes AppStore and leave horrible reviews... and show up on forums like this and rant, rave, and toss ordure - all because they're running the first release of a BETA OS and proceed to incessantly whine about what does not work... And it is all unnecessary.

I suppose - But I think it's okay as long as they understand that it is a Beta release and not everything will work. I'm not a developer but I upgraded knowing full well some apps would have issues and that there would be bugs, the bugs I've listed on here I haven't been complaining about, just listing them so other people can see they're not the only ones having a particular issue I suppose.

Talking of which, my battery life is far better today than it was yesterday. Since letting it die completely then charging it up, its only a little bit worse than it usually would be on IOS6

Zachary O

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

I had iTunes Radio on for about 15 minutes using Verizon's LTE Network and I opened up my phone and my battery had depleted from 96 to 84 percent. I went and checked my data usage as well and in that fifteen minutes, iTunes used about 400 megabytes. I don't have a developer account so I can't report this.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

I was listening to iTunes Radio last night and I heard an iAd but I shouldn't have because I'm am iTunes match subscriber, weird.

Sent from the collector home world.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

I suppose - But I think it's okay as long as they understand that it is a Beta release and not everything will work. I'm not a developer but I upgraded knowing full well some apps would have issues and that there would be bugs, the bugs I've listed on here I haven't been complaining about, just listing them so other people can see they're not the only ones having a particular issue I suppose.

Talking of which, my battery life is far better today than it was yesterday. Since letting it die completely then charging it up, its only a little bit worse than it usually would be on IOS6

It’s not OK. Why? Because Apple says it’s not. In the legally binding EULA and NDA. Somebody somewhere is in serious violation of the NDA (whomever is leaking it to where ever it’s showing up.) We all agreed to these binding documents in order to become developers and thereby get access to the beta software. Morally and legally, it’s wrong.

End. Of. Discussion.

All of the other discussions about why we shouldn’t, can’t, etc, including risk to our data and possibly our devices is immaterial.

glitched2020

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

-iMessage wouldn't activate, nor Facetime (I seem to be the only one)
-eBay app is completely broken and freezes the whole phone (confirmed)
-No notifications AT ALL from third-party apps (told me to connect my phone to iTunes. I did? What was the point of that? It didn't even fix anything? Nothing popped up? what?)
-Reminders won't let me add to lists, the + button force closes the app or doesn't even appear sometimes (had to use Siri to add to the Reminders list)

iPhone 5 Verizon A1429 iOS 7 Beta 1

monkeyblood

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

On my old calendar there would be dots on days where I am doing something, like if I have an appointment on that day. Is there any way of doing this on iOS 7? I noticed it doesn't do it which really annoys me!

beerlingo

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

I found a few bugs...

1. There is an update for Facebook Messenger and it won't update. It gets stuck and you cant delete the app to reinstall it. Says 'Waiting..."
2. With Scramble with Friends (and maybe other With Friends apps) when you sign in it won't let you type in your password. There is no space for it.
3. The top bar (T-Mobile LTE 2:47 PM... etc.) cuts off some of the apps so it is hard to hit a button that is at the top of the screen.

Bigwidge

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site

is anybody else having issues with the music app playing music that wasnt purchased through iTunes? All purchased songs work fine, but other songs are skipped over

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW