iOS 7 Developer Beta info and Bug discussion

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: iOS 7 Beta 1 Thoughts and Bug list

MAJOR bug going on with me - My charging cable no longer works.

My PC wont recognise the phone at all when I plug it in, so I can't even setup DFU mode and downgrade back to IOS 6, pluging it into the wall plug works occasionally, but it's very dodgy and unreliable. I admit, I do have a cheap knock-off charger which I bought a few days ago after my Apple Charger packed in, I don't know if this has anything to do with it? I've ordered a real apple charger anyway, if that doesn't work I'm utterly screwed. Other bugs include

- Major battery drain, 1% every 2 minutes during use, 1% every 10-20 minutes on standby
- Siri is hit and miss, sometimes it works properly, sometimes it doesn't
- Timezones seem to be unreliable, my clock sometimes jumps an hour ahead or an hour behind

The whole, charger not working thing is the main one for me though right now, the battery drain doesn't exactly help when I can't charge the device!

mjc_24

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

Anyone figure out a fix to the iMessage being stuck on "waiting for activation?" Or is this just a beta bug? I see it has been working for some people so I'm not sure why it doesn't work for everyone.

SurfStoked

Jan 10, 2009
Visit site

I know you have to be a developer to get the beta, but do you guys know if I can dl it on my PC? Or can I only dl the beta on a Mac?

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site

I know you have to be a developer to get the beta, but do you guys know if I can dl it on my PC? Or can I only dl the beta on a Mac?

Read through the thread. It holds the answer to your question, and you'll get valuable information by learning how to read through threads before posting questions that have been asked and answered.

Peasn

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Beta 1 thoughts

I installed the other night and didnt notice the timezone wouldn't update & the time was an hour behind. It made me late for work.
Ive also noticed the 4S really hot and huge battery drain

elnomado

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

I have experienced many bugs. For example it's possible to delete only two alarms from the alarm lists - after that it's impossible to delete it or scroll list. Anyone have the same issue?

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

Yes you can. You'll just need to get some software that can unpack the .dmg file. I forget what it's called though. Then you can access the .ipsw file to manually install from iTunes.

stucar1985

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

Seems pretty solid upto now only bugs I've noticed are

1) Siri being a bit hit or miss and crashed phone couple of times

2)Ebay app won't open at all

3)delete button seems to be a bit buggy when deleting bookmarks, txts etc

anon(415336)

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

Also, my phone was pretty warm while syncing. I held a cold soda can next to it |:. Sometimes the first betas can run a little warm....
Anybody experiencing this?

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site

Anyone else notice that the voice memos app has mysteriously disappeared in iOS 7? Or is it just me?

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

I installed the other night and didnt notice the timezone wouldn't update & the time was an hour behind. It made me late for work.
Ive also noticed the 4S really hot and huge battery drain

Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Settings > System Services and ensure "Setting Timezone" is on, then go into the Time & Date setting and make sure "Set Automatically" is on, this should this the timezone issue

Kieran Rosevear

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

Well WhereTo Start... :(

Siri is slower at loading up and displaying the wave when you speak
Also Siri new voices i saw the setting under settings general siri and now that setting disappeared so im stuck with the old voice of siri very annoying
multitasking is a bit slow when double tapping home button
when you change your wallpaper in settings after changing and then going back a setting it doesnt display the new wallpaper as a preview
Apps crash such as skype
opening apps like facebook the alignment is out slightly
when turning on Nike + iPod in iOS 6 you had an icon on the homescreen, with ios 7 you dont have an icon anymore :(
its slow a quarter of the time and doesnt seem as smooth but its a beta 1 what can you expect
other than that its a master piece well done Jony Ive

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

Anyone else notice that the voice memos app has mysteriously disappeared in iOS 7? Or is it just me?

Hadn't even noticed that, gone for me too.

A few other things I've noticed

- Battery life is better today than it was yesterday, standby time for about 5 hours whilst I slept and it didn't even drop 1%, thats pretty amazing, it started dropping when I was using it, faster than normal but much slower than yesterday, maybe the OS is learning?

- Instagram? Forget about it, doesn't even open, deleted & tried reinstalling, wont even reinstall, completely incompatible for me. Though it is Beta, so to be expected for some apps

- When a notification bar pops up at the top, I'm unable to select any of the phones app icons until I close it, seems hit markers aren't quite right

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

Finally after 4+Hrs I got it running on iPhone 5 off Windows.... Didn't use Mac. I used 7Zip to unzip file.. People that do this please write down you UDID number... You will waste a few hours finding it. Any issues feel free to ask....

All I did was restore my iPhone then went to iTunes then got my udid

bdj238

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

I've noticed a few bugs that I was hoping someone might have some ideas on. This is an extra phone I'm running as a test bed, I have set it up as a new phone but have not transfered my current phone number to it. So it should only work with iMessage, Facetime, and other wifi based apps. This is a Verizon Iphone 4.
- I also have the "waiting for activation" issue mentioned previously.
- iMessage will not turn on, and if it does try it crashes the settings app.
- I've also found that certain spots show this as being a black iphone when it is in fact white.
- Confirming many other issues people have already had rants about.

If anyone knows what to do to get around the activation/iMessage issue that would be huge. thank you.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

I'm having some issues installing - UDID registered, latest iTunes, iPhone 5 (6.1.4), but when I select the ipsw file I'm being told the "firmware is not compatible".

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks!

Maybe you downloaded the wrong ipsw file from the developer account.

lornaevo

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

The only issue I ran into so far is that after about an hour of continuous use, it lags a bit for about 30 seconds and then back to normal. I'm quite happy so far.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods