iOS 7 Developer Beta info and Bug discussion

MFdroid

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: iOS 7 Beta 1 Thoughts and Bug list

alright so its not just me, it is pretty slow and takes a while to respond right? just trying to make sure its not my phone. and has anyone used itunes radio yet? is there only a limited amount of skips? i cant click the button anymore

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
The keyboard does change a bit. I checked email and texting (lighter grey) and Facebook (darker grey).

I just think the differences in the keyboard relate to the app not being iOS 7 "compliant?" I think when developers start updating their apps, the new keyboard will take precedence.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Re: Beta 1 thoughts

Anyone else having these issues and has anyone found a solution:

1.) My Podcasts app are totally messed up and wont work
2.) My bose headphones control doesnt work, the volume does but not start/stop/ff
3.) Cant seem to use the emoji keyboard

Podcasts works for me. Regarding the headphones. I had a similar issue with iOS 6 betas and my iBeats. After the gold master came out, they worked fine. They work fine with iOS 7. All functions. I also have emoji working.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site

I just had a bug where I was sending international iMessages and they went via text instead. Had it toggle iMessages off and on before it worked properly.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site

I installed the beta lastnight and my battery has been horrible. But I did a restore immediately after I installed. Has anyone who has installed iOS7 installed as a new phone and had the battery perform OK / better? I was thinking about trying the install again and this time setting up the phone as a new phone and not doing a restore, just to see...but thought I would ask here first and hopefully save some time.

Typically, the best way to run betas is by setting it up as a new iPhone. Restoring restores old code that has probably been optimized and is causing issues in the OS. Sometimes it's even good to start fresh between betas. You don't want the bugs lingering.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Re: Beta 1 thoughts

I noticed this too - no badge on the app store icon since I updated to iOS 7 last night... so went into the App Store app, clicked on the "Updates" tab in the bottom right... and low and behold, there's a list of what apps were recently updated (and you can see the date it was updated when clicking the "what's new" pull down)...recent ones for me were (as of 6/11 @ 5:30p CDT):

- Flipboard
- Flickr
- Yelp
- Concur (an expense app we use for expenses at work)

PS - would be nice if there was a setting to have a notification sent when an app gets updated... it's not really a huge issue I guess, since I would religiously update my apps, but I know some folks hold off... there might even be cases were businesses want their employees to hold off updating certain apps to confirm it doesn't cause a compatibility issue or worse a security issue...

I was wrong - I noticed some time after posting, that in my notification center, there was a notification for the App Store app telling me such and such apps had been updated.... this is cool!

I had 2 apps update last night. It told me they updated in notification center.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site

alright so its not just me, it is pretty slow and takes a while to respond right? just trying to make sure its not my phone. and has anyone used itunes radio yet? is there only a limited amount of skips? i cant click the button anymore

I've been listening to iTunes radio today and prob skipped about 20-30 songs. Can't say its unlimited tho I haven't run up against a limit.

MFdroid

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

I've been listening to iTunes radio today and prob skipped about 20-30 songs. Can't say its unlimited tho I haven't run up against a limit.

how often have you skipped? ive skip about like 10 songs within like 20 min and wasnt allowed to skip anymore

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site

I have match.

Great that answers a question I had last night then. Someone mentioned that they could only skip around 8 songs (but did not have match.) so I was wondering if iTunes match subscribers had a higher (if not unlimited) amount of skips. This is a great incentive to purchase the subscription then!

End_User

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

The ebay app is the only one I have ran into so far that I just can't get to run. Animations and screen refreshes are stuttery, laggy and strange. But overall not so bad.

It really does look a lot better once you set a darker (not goth just not unicorn vomit) wallpaper and hide most of the kindergarten apple icons.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site

Great that answers a question I had last night then. Someone mentioned that they could only skip around 8 songs (but did not have match.) so I was wondering if iTunes match subscribers had a higher (if not unlimited) amount of skips. This is a great incentive to purchase the subscription then!

Yea I was thinking today that now I can stop paying for spotify.

Vapor86

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site

developer.apple.com

Another bug to add is my shortcuts are hit and miss again, but I dealt with the same problem throughout ios6.

End_User

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

Only app I have had that straight up won't work is the eBay app it just freezes up.

Other than that pretty good for a beta 1. Once you set a darker wallpaper (not goth dark just not unicorn vomit) and hide most of the kindergarten drawn apple icons it feels pretty normal.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods