iOS 7 Developer Beta info and Bug discussion

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: Beta 1 thoughts

I like some of the new features. The calendar app is a no go for me as I like to have mine in month view and see what days I have things planned on.

I've noticed some general lag also. I'm having a bug with notification center. If I pull up to see what tomorrow says, the text starts flickering and it will also put my alarm text over top the text that says your calendar looks clear.

Other than that, I like it so far. Haven't gotten to really dig into it yet though.

Steve-O

Banned
Jul 26, 2009
Visit site

I'm having some issues installing - UDID registered, latest iTunes, iPhone 5 (6.1.4), but when I select the ipsw file I'm being told the "firmware is not compatible".

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks!

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site

There is a way to bypass UDID check if you did pay to register and the servers are still bogged down, just simply restore your iPhone to stock and then apply the new firmware, however be advised if you didn't register your UDID you are looking for trouble when beta 1 expires and you are not able to install Beta 2 ..

azatik

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site

I'm having some issues installing - UDID registered, latest iTunes, iPhone 5 (6.1.4), but when I select the ipsw file I'm being told the "firmware is not compatible".

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks!
It mean you have downloaded the wrong version of software. Check on the back of your iphone which model it is: A1428 or A1429. Then download the appropriate one

Hope it helps :)

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site

Battery life is still pretty horrendous... but again, it?s a beta 1 release... that will improve with tuning...

Or maybe I?m just playing with it a lot. :)

Ditto here. I'm not using it that much more than usual. Bluetooth streaming 1 hour coming into work, played with it maybe 20-25 minutes, and almost half drained.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site

I really hope they adjust the calendar app. Right now the month view is useless for anything other than seeing how many days are in the month. At least let me see a colored dot to designate that I have something going on that day. There's plenty of room for it.

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site

How is the control center working for everyone? The notification center pulls down easily but I usually have to try and try to get control center to scroll up from the bottom. At first I thought it was my case (an Otterbox Armor) but then I tried it without the case and had the same issue.

papadonna

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site

Can someone tell me how I can go about getting registered to use the beta versions?

Or, how I can go about getting registered as a developer? Im interested in doing this and assume I will need these things if i want to create apps in the near future. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

stoneland

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site

Can anyone tell me if there is an option for a darker theme anywhere? I'm not a fan of all that brightness and white, especially in the Messages app...

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site

Can anyone tell me if there is an option for a darker theme anywhere? I'm not a fan of all that brightness and white, especially in the Messages app...

Not that I've found. :( Would be nice, this is going to hurt some people's eyes.

stoneland

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site

Not that I've found. :( Would be nice, this is going to hurt some people's eyes.

Thanks kilcher...I was afraid of that. It also seems to not go well with a black iPhone (and in fact, on Apple's site it's all just on a white iPhone, oddly). I did see some screenshots where the keyboard was a grey color with white lettering...I wonder if that does change color depending on what you're doing?

SOV

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site

Can someone tell me how I can go about getting registered to use the beta versions?

Or, how I can go about getting registered as a developer? Im interested in doing this and assume I will need these things if i want to create apps in the near future. Thanks in advance.

Developer.apple.com it's $99

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal