iOS 7 Developer Beta info and Bug discussion

ecard

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Beta 1 thoughts

I do not quite like the limitation of seeing only 9 apps at a time (per page) in a folder... Forcing you to swipe :(

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

It's a bit buggy - especially when using FaceTime. But overall pretty solid.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

I'm thinking more shall be revealed as the betas evolve and when the next iPhone is released.

Oddly - no iPad version of the beta available yet that I could in the dev site...

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

Ah - that explains - I didn't get to watch the keynote - could only follow about half of it through the verge's live blog...

Anyways... One thing that bugs me is the lack of weather widget in the notification center - it's just text for now. Hopefully this goes back to a widget in a future beta...

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site

Ah - that explains - I didn't get to watch the keynote - could only follow about half of it through the verge's live blog...

Anyways... One thing that bugs me is the lack of weather widget in the notification center - it's just text for now. Hopefully this goes back to a widget in a future beta...

Exactly. I loved it in the notification center. I don't miss the tap to post or tap to tweet widgets.

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

Very disappointed about notifications and the absence of quick reply or creating some actionable qualities. Kind of odd they would highlight this feature in Mavericks yet not include similar functionality in iOS. They improved so many things(control center, multitasking) but left notifications alone. Part of me was hoping they would add this functionality before the public release on the fall but that is unlikely.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

How do I install this beta ios 7 on iPhone using windows pc??

You need to have the ispw already extracted, which can only be done on a Mac.

There's a free program for Windows that extracts it to ipsw.
When I get to my PC tomorrow ill post the name of it. I can't
remember it off the top of my head.

Just to update: The program I use on Windows to extract the DMG to IPSW
is called DMG Extractor and is published by Reincubate Ltd.

Last edited:

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site

The new look is taking some getting used to. I find the overall "flow" to be better, if that makes any sense. It could be due to the change in animations though. The moving wallpaper when tilting to give the home screen a 3D effect is trippy, lol. I have had springboard crash a few times, but overall it seems stable for b1. The updated Siri voices are broken for me, although that may be due to the fact that I am using "Canadian English". It also took a few reboots for the passcode lock to actually work after enabling it.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Is the Activation Block on by default and not configurable? I can’t find a setting for it anywhere... Anyone?

rj5570

May 5, 2010
Visit site

Forgot that my replacement phone wants registered. How long does activation take? Is it just cause the servers r overwhelmed?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Forgot that my replacement phone wants registered. How long does activation take? Is it just cause the servers r overwhelmed?

If I recall, it was a couple of hours... buy, yeah, they’re slammed, so it might take a bit longer...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro