to be expected from a beta especially the first one. I had the same thing on iOS 6 betas.
    Do you have multiple phones because I only have one phone, and despite all these bugs, I still think it is worth staying with ios7.0 beta, unless the battery is as awful as it may appear to be. How often does Apple take to release updated betas in the past?
    06-11-2013 03:49 PM
    Do you have multiple phones because I only have one phone, and despite all these bugs, I still think it is worth staying with ios7.0 beta, unless the battery is as awful as it may appear to be. How often does Apple take to release updated betas in the past?
    No I have one phone, I also think even with the bugs it's still worth sticking with the beta. I have actually noticed so far today I don't know if the OS is learning or what but my battery life is much better than it was this morning. I have also been on Wifi for the majority of the day. So we'll see how the battery fares in my 1 hour ride home on LTE. This morning it was dreadful though I dropped about 35% in a little over an hour on standby.
    06-11-2013 04:07 PM
    The folders now, while they have pages and can hold more apps, each page only has 9 apps. So the more apps there are the more scrolling it will require to find them. The folder should use the full screen so it would be like home screens in a folder but it would cut down on the scrolling while allowing more space for apps.
    One more annoyance with pages of apps within folders that I just discovered... if one of the items on the 2nd page (or beyond) gets "badged", the folder is also badged (as it is now and should be)... but it appears to be a ghosted badge until you realize that you have multiple pages of apps in that folder. Not a problem, and not a huge issue... but it will be a major annoyance until we get used to the multiple pages... #sigh
    Ipheuria likes this.
    06-11-2013 04:11 PM
    I'm not sure if someone already said this, but I can't really read every post in this thread.

My brother is loving iOS 7 on his phone. Everything works, but iMessage. It won't slide over and sometimes it says "waiting for activation", and if it does slide over, settings crashes. I tried restarting the phone, and it didn't work. It works with his friend's phone, and they are both in my registered users (have their UDID), so I don't know what is the problem. Please help. Thanks.

FYI, they both have 4S's.

iOS 7 Developer Beta info and Bug discussion-photo-2.png
    06-11-2013 04:37 PM
    Has anyone had any apps that have needed updating yet. Its been less than 24 hours, but none of my apps have had any updates so I was wanted to know:

1.) Will the apps update automatically and show a notification (has this happened for anyone yet?)

2.) Or for the time being will it just appear in the app store

For the more experienced guys who have beta tested in the past - I use my Podcasts App a lot to find/listen to new music and it is essentially unusable now. I can find most if not all of the podcasts I listen to on the Internet, but they are a continuous hour stream instead of being able to listen track by track. Will this most likely remain a problem until the next beta update or later (this is what I would naturally assume)?

I didn't notice anyone mention this or talk about it but the flashlight button on the swipe up is pretty cool.
    06-11-2013 04:50 PM
    the ispw can be extracted on windows, just install poweriso and during installation, make sure .dmg is selecteed
    06-11-2013 04:51 PM
    Quick reply for messages not working........ Lol just joking not working cause it wasn't added. Sorry folks had to at least joke about it
    darksora14562 likes this.
    06-11-2013 04:56 PM
    just plug in your phone to itunes, and they will all redownload
    06-11-2013 05:00 PM
    Not sure if already posted or not but imore forums app just force closes for me.

Also I honestly hate how the keyboard is different in multiple places. I have seen three different colors so far with ios7. Hopefully that will be fixed.

Also exchange gmail contacts isn't working for me.
    06-11-2013 05:00 PM
    it looks pretty good so far everything works all apps compatible i took it over the jailbreak i had very solid
    06-11-2013 05:11 PM
    Is it worth losing a jailbreak for?
    yes i took it over my jailbreak pretty solid and fun to play with all apps compatible
    06-11-2013 05:12 PM
    I had the same issue with podcasts. Delete the app then re install it. That worked for me
    Ipheuria likes this.
    06-11-2013 05:30 PM
    I installed the beta lastnight and my battery has been horrible. But I did a restore immediately after I installed. Has anyone who has installed iOS7 installed as a new phone and had the battery perform OK / better? I was thinking about trying the install again and this time setting up the phone as a new phone and not doing a restore, just to see...but thought I would ask here first and hopefully save some time.
    06-11-2013 05:38 PM
    I installed the beta lastnight and my battery has been horrible. But I did a restore immediately after I installed. Has anyone who has installed iOS7 installed as a new phone and had the battery perform OK / better? I was thinking about trying the install again and this time setting up the phone as a new phone and not doing a restore, just to see...but thought I would ask here first and hopefully save some time.
    This is a BETA RELEASE. This is the FIRST BETA RELEASE. It’s going to have issues... not the least of which will be crashing springboard, failing apps and battery woes. This should NEVER be installed on your only/primary device, as anything can go wrong... and certainly, YMMV.
    Ipheuria likes this.
    06-11-2013 05:51 PM
    When i open the camera app or camera + app i have a round dot on the top left of the screen and in my photos.
    06-11-2013 05:53 PM
    When i open the camera app or camera + app i have a round dot on the top left of the screen and in my photos.
    Doubtful that its the beta release of iOS 7... a smudge? dust? scratch?
    06-11-2013 05:58 PM
    Here's a few bugs I've noticed:

- iRadio will crash randomly
    - while switching apps in the multitask switcher, if you go too fast, or start swiping too quickly after switching to another, it will crash the springboard.
    - oftentimes, the screen rotation lock enables by itself (I think when a springboard crash occurs)
    06-11-2013 06:06 PM
    Another bug... this one for an app:

-Ebay app no worky at all with iOS 7. Just hangs on the splash screen for about 30 secs. Then goes back to homescreen (but app still in the task switcher). At that point I kill it manually.
    06-11-2013 06:24 PM
    Has anyone had any apps that have needed updating yet. Its been less than 24 hours, but none of my apps have had any updates so I was wanted to know:

1.) Will the apps update automatically and show a notification (has this happened for anyone yet?)

2.) Or for the time being will it just appear in the app store
    I noticed this too - no badge on the app store icon since I updated to iOS 7 last night... so went into the App Store app, clicked on the "Updates" tab in the bottom right... and low and behold, there's a list of what apps were recently updated (and you can see the date it was updated when clicking the "what's new" pull down)...recent ones for me were (as of 6/11 @ 5:30p CDT):

- Flipboard
    - Flickr
    - Yelp
    - Concur (an expense app we use for expenses at work)

PS - would be nice if there was a setting to have a notification sent when an app gets updated... it's not really a huge issue I guess, since I would religiously update my apps, but I know some folks hold off... there might even be cases were businesses want their employees to hold off updating certain apps to confirm it doesn't cause a compatibility issue or worse a security issue...

I was wrong - I noticed some time after posting, that in my notification center, there was a notification for the App Store app telling me such and such apps had been updated.... this is cool!
    Last edited by LCW; 06-11-2013 at 09:39 PM.
    06-11-2013 06:33 PM
    Can someone please help me with this imessage problem!!!
    06-11-2013 06:42 PM
    Ok you guys wondering why your apps aren't updating and complaining that they're crashing....please read up in the thread. This is beta 1. It is the operating system and devs have just gotten it so your apps cannot possibly update yet. We're not even allowed to update for iOS 7 yet. You won't see apps updated until after the GM is released - look for early October(ish).

​I wish I could moderate everyone who continues to complain about apps on a beta because they should not be using the beta and don't even understand the point!
    Fausty82, swarlos, LCW and 2 others like this.
    06-11-2013 06:57 PM
    Another issue I didn't see mentioned:

Create calendar event from an email ( where it's got a blue underlined date ) brings up the option, but never actually creates the event.
    06-11-2013 07:13 PM
    Ok you guys wondering why your apps aren't updating and complaining that they're crashing....please read up in the thread. This is beta 1. It is the operating system and devs have just gotten it so your apps cannot possibly update yet. We're not even allowed to update for iOS 7 yet. You won't see apps updated until after the GM is released - look for early October(ish).

​I wish I could moderate everyone who continues to complain about apps on a beta because they should not be using the beta and don't even understand the point!
    Thank you Alli for again expressing the thoughts that many of us have. This is not a sandbox for every user who can beg, borrow, steal, buy, or weasel access to it. Just because you can doesn’t mean you should. This is a testing bed for genuine software developers to begin getting their wares ready for the market with the new iteration of iOS.

Somewhere down the road (perhaps beta 3/4/5) it will become more stable and may be ready for some to try, but this is a brand new, initial beta release. The paint isn't even dry yet... This is NOT the newest status symbol to flash at all of your friends. Just resist the urge, and wait for it to be released to the world...
    carrickfergus and Alli like this.
    06-11-2013 07:15 PM
    Here is my list of apps that crash. I understand this is beta 1, just sharing information

Google+
    imore forums
    audible

Not that many, however, I am a pretty heavy Audible, and Google+ user .

Also, my OCD picked up that the "moving wallpapers" are too small for the screen. When tilting the screen you will start to see a black border.
    06-11-2013 07:27 PM
    If you were syncing to iCloud then yes probably, but expect a long long restore time.
    I did a workaround just reinstalled my apps from the App Store and everything is honkey dory just had to rearrange everything into my folders and such but didn't take too long and I synced with iTunes LOL.
    06-11-2013 07:29 PM
572 ... 45678 ...