iOS 7 Developer Beta info and Bug discussion

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Beta 1 thoughts

Battery life is still pretty horrendous... but again, it’s a beta 1 release... that will improve with tuning...

Or maybe I’m just playing with it a lot. :)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

I have a passcode set, but it does not prompt for/require the code to use the phone after it goes to sleep. Anyone else seeing this?

Last edited:

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site

Ok. Looked at the release notes. Activation block is enabled by default as long as you are signed into iCloud and FindmyPhone is enabled. If you sign out of iCloud/disable FindmyPhone, it is no longer enabled. Basically, if you want to sell your phone, sign out first THEN wipe it.

Also to note, the new Siri voices are NOT included in b1.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Ok. Looked at the release notes. Activation block is enabled by default as long as you are signed into iCloud and FindmyPhone is enabled. If you sign out of iCloud/disable FindmyPhone, it is no longer enabled. Basically, if you want to sell your phone, sign out first, THEN wipe it.

Also to note, the new Siri voices are NOT included in b1.

Didn’t see the Release Notes the first 3 times I looked for them... and then I did...

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site

You can now block people from calling or messaging you. That's something I think I saw that people wanted. Just getting it out there. This is nice though.

ios4ever

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site

Finally after 4+Hrs I got it running on iPhone 5 off Windows.... Didn't use Mac. I used 7Zip to unzip file.. People that do this please write down you UDID number... You will waste a few hours finding it. Any issues feel free to ask....

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site

I used an app in the App Store called Ad Hoc something I don't remember the rest of the name but it emails you the udid and you can just copy paste. Very easy. If you search ad hoc it'll be the first option.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site

Finally after 4+Hrs I got it running on iPhone 5 off Windows.... Didn't use Mac. I used 7Zip to unzip file.. People that do this please write down you UDID number... You will waste a few hours finding it. Any issues feel free to ask....
Can't you just get it by clicking on your iPhone's serial number in iTunes when it's connected? That's how I got mine (that also automatically copies it to your clipboard).

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site

I've noticed a bug that "bugs" me. You can't move an icon out of a folder once it's there. At least on mine, it force closes the Springboard and reboots. Also the dynamic wallpaper doesn't always work. Sometimes the screen goes dark and doesn't want to come back on. It's buggy but it is a Beta 1 (as expected).

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site

Oh and I can't seem to find any of my custom ringtones. iTunes says they synced but they don't appear in my options.

abazigal

May 9, 2013
Visit site

Just installed IOS7 beta on my iphone 4s. Playing around with it now, and here are my initial thoughts.

1) Lags here and there. Sometimes fairly bad (entire system will just freeze for a while), others less so. I have had my 4s reboot on me a few times already. Seems to be improving with use though. Boot time is fairly quick though.

2) The ability to post to facebook/twitter from notifications seems to have been removed.

3) Calender seems more a triumph of form over function. There is no way of telling what events you have at a glance in the monthly view. Only way is to go into the weekly view. It looks great, but I think I will stick with fantastical for now.

4) The gradient wallpaper feature didn't seem that impressive. It looked great on the keynote, but I am just not getting that 3D effect on my 4s.

5) You get unlimited apps per folder, but are limited to 9 per screen. Oh well, win some and lose some.

6) Finder is now activated by dragging down from any icon on the home screen. Very subtle. I love it.

7) Like the new photos classification.

Still playing around. :D

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

Just wondering guys this is my first experience with the beta.

I did a back up first from iTunes, then Installed and when I restored my Back all my settings were in place but I don't have any of my apps installed, is that normal?

Should I have restored via iCloud?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site

It's definitely a little clunky and some apps flat out refuse to work with it (iMore forums app *cough* ;) )

Don't search for a contact in the contacts app. Afterwards you can't go back, or at least I couldn't. The controls flash and then disappear, which makes it a bit difficult to navigate back to another contact. Oops.

Other than a little slow and obviously lack of some apps supporting it (which is expected ) it's pretty and a nice step. People wanted a big change in the ui, well here you go.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner