Oh, I didn't expect new iOS 7 to have so many problems, even in beta. The story with iOS 6 repeats...
    Sorry but you are the kind of person who should NOT test beta software, problems with betas are ALWAYS expected and this is so you can have a much better or problem free experience later when it's released to the public.
    I dont understand what you mean with the ios6 story.
    06-17-2013 12:43 PM
    My caller ID works, most everything on my phone works. Battery is as good as iOS 6.

Makes me wonder if when people downloaded the ipsw it got corrupted somehow and causing all of these issues.

The only bug I have is it doesn't remember my wireless network. It's hidden so I have to type in the SSID, choose the security, and enter the password every time I return home. It also asks me for my Apple password to download apps I've previously purchased.

Other than that, I'm good.
    Ipheuria likes this.
    06-17-2013 12:52 PM
    My caller ID works, most everything on my phone works. Battery is as good as iOS 6.

Makes me wonder if when people downloaded the ipsw it got corrupted somehow and causing all of these issues.

The only bug I have is it doesn't remember my wireless network. It's hidden so I have to type in the SSID, choose the security, and enter the password every time I return home. It also asks me for my Apple password to download apps I've previously purchased.
    My call ID works, the regular phone functions work fine. Battery life soemtimes goes down quickly, sometimes is better than iOS6, and there's the odd crash from time to time when app-switching, but that's fine for a beta -- totally expected b/c it isn't optimized.

My flash was wonky yesterday on photos but now seems to work.

Wifi works fine, but I "upgraded" rather than restoring. Do get asked for my password for previously downloaded apps.

Frankly this is totally fine even as a daily driver, which is what I intend to use it as through each of the beta builds until/unless unmanageable bugs pop up. If they do, I'll downgrade to iOS 6 with no problems. But I don't think I'm going to need to.

Didn't download the beta Find My iPhone app, tho. Figured it wasn't that important just yet, but maybe I'll try to mess around with it when the next beta is released...
    06-17-2013 02:35 PM
    Not sure if this is only iOS 7, but when I'm in iMessage and send photo to group (which causes the send method to change to MMS), I get the "! Not delivered" error but the photo does go through. The error is a mistake.
    06-17-2013 04:03 PM
    I downgraded back to IOS6 a couple of days ago, but I was wondering if someone could test something out?

I'm wondering whether the Gif in the link below, would work as a background image, given the new "dynamic backgrounds"? Or if it'd even be possible

So relaxing
    06-17-2013 05:22 PM
    Only bug I can comment on is my caller ID doesn't work.
    06-17-2013 06:40 PM
    I downgraded back to IOS6 a couple of days ago, but I was wondering if someone could test something out?

I'm wondering whether the Gif in the link below, would work as a background image, given the new "dynamic backgrounds"? Or if it'd even be possible

So relaxing
    Nope
    06-17-2013 08:05 PM
    Regarding the caller ID not working - here is what I found. Please comment. iPhone 5 works perfectly for caller id. Also have installed on an iPhone 4S which is a different story. Caller ID on 4S only works if the incoming call is from the same carrier. Otherwise it shows as Unknown. Will see what the next version brings but already emailed Apple to let them know what I see.
    guitarplayer16 likes this.
    06-17-2013 08:43 PM
    Thank you.
    06-17-2013 09:41 PM
    Have you folks been able to get AirDrop to work? Haven't had any luck. WiFi & Bluetooth on, tried Contacts Only & Everyone but no one shows up. Devices are three 5's & one 4S all on AT&T.
    06-17-2013 11:09 PM
    Have you folks been able to get AirDrop to work? Haven't had any luck. WiFi & Bluetooth on, tried Contacts Only & Everyone but no one shows up. Devices are three 5's & one 4S all on AT&T.
    I tried it earlier today... two iPhones (both were iPhone 5) with iOS 7... I had AirDrop enabled on both phones and configured for Everybody. Phone1 could see and send a photo to phone2. Phone2 could NOT see phone1 and therefore could not initiate a transfer, but COULD receive the photo sent from phone1.

Very perplexing.
    06-17-2013 11:46 PM
    Eh, just thinking about what the hard working developers are saying in regards to non developers.
    what have they been saying? i haven't been paying any attention
    06-17-2013 11:53 PM
    I think that more non-developers are helping report more bugs than the developers. Us non's are reporting main bugs were dev's really only care about this. But getting their developed apps working before final release is there main concern.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    06-18-2013 07:36 AM
    I think that more non-developers are helping report more bugs than the developers. Us non's are reporting main bugs were dev's really only care about this. But getting their developed apps working before final release is there main concern.
    Tell me, exactly how are you reporting bugs to Apple? Only developers have access to the official bug reporting channel, and access to the developer's forum... And trust me, Apple is putting way more stock in reports of issues/problems/bugs from developers than from the public.
    06-18-2013 08:53 AM

I'm probably wrong but major crashes automatically send to apple if this enabled.

Also if you turn off background app refresh improves battery life.

06-18-2013 11:41 AM
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/18/epe7u7ym.jpg
    I'm probably wrong but major crashes automatically send to apple if this enabled.

Yeah, that sends crash reports to Apple - and it’s a feature that’s available in all releases of iOS software, including the GA versions used by everyone... but that is vastly different than "reporting bugs" to Apple engineers in a beta release.
    06-18-2013 11:48 AM
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/18/epe7u7ym.jpg

As Faust82 said...

While a crash is a bug, you're not reporting the bug to Apple, just sending crash data, and while that crash data is helpful, crash dumps only tell you so much. A bug report by a seasoned tester/developer is VASTLY superior.
    06-18-2013 12:27 PM
    Regarding the caller ID not working - here is what I found. Please comment. iPhone 5 works perfectly for caller id. Also have installed on an iPhone 4S which is a different story. Caller ID on 4S only works if the incoming call is from the same carrier. Otherwise it shows as Unknown. Will see what the next version brings but already emailed Apple to let them know what I see.
    I can comment that your theory is correct.
    I just got my friend with the same provider to call me, and caller ID worked.
    Yes, I have a 4S.

Thanks for clearing this up!
    06-18-2013 02:53 PM
    No. And I found spotlight.....just swipe down from the top.
    But you can't do a web search from it >
    06-18-2013 04:02 PM
    Spotlight should have options on what to include in the search and actions.

Don't swipe directly from top as it will trigger notification center.

Tap and hold anywhere else on the screen, then swipe down. That should result in spotlight search.
    Ipheuria likes this.
    06-18-2013 04:19 PM
    Spotlight should have options on what to include in the search and actions.

Don't swipe directly from top as it will trigger notification center.

Tap and hold anywhere else on the screen, then swipe down. That should result in spotlight search.
    There are options of what to include in Spotlight search under general - spotlight search in both iOS 6 & 7.

Predefined actions based on results is an interesting idea though.
    06-18-2013 04:43 PM
    Just saw elsewhere a mention that Voice Memos isn't really gone from iOS7 - just wasn't ready for 'prime time' to release with beta1...
    06-18-2013 05:01 PM
    How did you downgrade without losing existing data (photos,contacts,apps)

Would be a massive help

Thanks.
    06-18-2013 06:37 PM
    How did you downgrade without losing existing data (photos,contacts,apps)

Would be a massive help

Thanks.
    Always do a backup on PC or MAC. iCloud backups are not backwards capable. Apple not smart enough to let you save iOS 6 and iOS 7 backups.

06-18-2013 09:50 PM
    Hi,

just wondering: Is the "Reduce Motion" used for the parallax only? Since it is inside the "Accessibility" function.

Thanks.
    06-18-2013 09:54 PM
572 ... 1718192021 ...