Well the whole point is so you don't have to use multi tasking you just click reply type then send eliminating the extra move by moving from the message app to the one you were in
    Yup, exactly. I hope this feature comes to iOS 7! If it does I can look past the yucky icons :P

Is there any way to change the color of that black banner? It looks so obtrusive. I wonder why they didn't give any gradient or translucency for that...
    06-12-2013 09:09 AM
    Yup, exactly. I hope this feature comes to iOS 7! If it does I can look past the yucky icons :P

Is there any way to change the color of that black banner? It looks so obtrusive. I wonder why they didn't give any gradient or translucency for that...
    And no need to jailbreak lol
    06-12-2013 09:11 AM
    Yeah, it does look like a qr could come in a future beta release! Gimme that, and a dark theme, and I would be the happiest jailbreaker running stock you'll ever find
    beeray likes this.
    06-12-2013 09:11 AM
    With full multitasking, you don't need to have this quick reply option. Just go into your messages, reply, and go right back where you were. Nothing has stopped or changed. And since you can now just swipe to get back and forth between apps, it should be very fast and easy. So your desire to have a quick reply for messages is needless.
    Regardless of how fast it is, it will still feel wrong to me to be pulled out of an app (and then have to launch the multitasking UI to return to it) just to reply to a message--especially when it happens repeatedly in the course of a conversation. It's not about whether or not anything has "stopped or changed," it's about creating a fluid user experience. The current method adds unneccesary steps/clicks/taps to what should (in my view) be a momentary interaction.
    rayz336 and Just_Me_D like this.
    06-12-2013 11:20 AM
    I'm hoping it gets added to an update sooner rather than later.
    06-12-2013 01:20 PM
    Here you go.

Attachment 32194

The notification will just abruptly slide down from the top, last a short while, then slide back up. Very 'in your face', and (ironically) not as subtle as the way the banners would roll in for IOS6.
    That looks really bad. I hope this isn't their intent....
    Far from the elegant look that Apple is used to presenting.
    Last edited by BeKure; 06-12-2013 at 01:41 PM.
    06-12-2013 01:30 PM
    when i used to jailbreak i was like "Apple better implement quick reply or else!"

now... i'm like "Eh, i'll reply when i feel like it"
    06-12-2013 01:31 PM
    I found one such feature and it is actually on ios 7. In mail there is an option now to mark all, then mark as read. A mark all as read option to me is pretty substantial but that wasn't mentioned at all.
    Yeah that is a wanted feature. I'm not sure if I would call it a UI type feature that quick reply would be but that is something interesting that they neglected to mention when highlighting the new mail app. Good find. Thanks.
    06-12-2013 02:41 PM
    That looks really bad. I hope this isn't their intent....
    Far from the elegant look that Apple is used to presenting.
    I like it better than the current implementation. I think the current notifications are awkward looking. Having something rotate in using the same screen space as whatever app you are using has always seemed clumsy. At least with iOS 7, as was described, it slides down over the app which would be consistent with creating layers throughout the OS. Its not perfect but its better. Of course if they don't add quick reply or some actionable quality, there is no need for the size of the notification.
    Last edited by Superjudge; 06-12-2013 at 03:50 PM.
    06-12-2013 03:39 PM
    Or... just be patient, young grasshopper... its beta 1... I fully expect it in a future beta...
    Ohh that's it, I'll hold you accountable if they dont do that ... 😉
    Fausty82 and beeray like this.
    06-12-2013 03:47 PM
    Ohh that's it, I'll hold you accountable if they dont do that ... 😉
    That goes double for me lol
    06-12-2013 06:29 PM
    I found one such feature and it is actually on ios 7. In mail there is an option now to mark all, then mark as read. A mark all as read option to me is pretty substantial but that wasn't mentioned at all.
    Found another pinch and zoom when taking videos that's pretty big
    06-14-2013 09:45 AM
62 123