Has Apple ever introduced a major UI feature via beta that they didn't show at WWDC and included it in the final release? I'm trying to think of one. I know they have added smaller features, touched up UI elements, and laid the foundation for larger features without including them before.
    Well it's more of me hoping then anything else
    06-11-2013 03:13 PM
    Well it's more of me hoping then anything else
    Well not just you. I'm just trying to gauge what level of hope is realistic to have.

I know the answer is zero.
    06-11-2013 03:24 PM
    Well not just you. I'm just trying to gauge what level of hope is realistic to have.

I know the answer is zero.
    Just find it strange they would put it on the new Mac OS and not ios
    06-11-2013 03:26 PM
    I agree. "Let's highlight a feature everyone has been asking for years to be on iOS but put it on Mac OS instead."
    06-11-2013 03:33 PM
    I agree. "Let's highlight a feature everyone has been asking for years to be on iOS but put it on Mac OS instead."
    Or... just be patient, young grasshopper... it’s beta 1... I fully expect it in a future beta...
    06-11-2013 03:53 PM
    Or... just be patient, young grasshopper... its beta 1... I fully expect it in a future beta...
    I fully expect it in a future beta too like in 2014. See my previous post about Apple adding major UI features not included in WWDC presentation. Do you know of one?
    trandz likes this.
    06-11-2013 03:59 PM
    If it was their it would've been there now. They would've talked about it yesterday when talking about the new notification center. They didnt, so its not there just like David Hayter isn't voicing Big Boss.
    06-11-2013 04:58 PM
    this is the first ever redesign for iOS. I would not be surprised if we see a few more features........

I am waiting for someone to tear into the code and see whats hidden
    06-11-2013 05:48 PM
    If it was their it would've been there now. They would've talked about it yesterday when talking about the new notification center. They didnt, so its not there just like David Hayter isn't voicing Big Boss.
    Ive and team only had about 7 months to get to this point... I firmly believe that everything is not in the first beta... tell me about how wrong I am when the GA version is released and it’s still not there... THEN we can complain...
    06-11-2013 05:55 PM
    I whole heartedly agree. The entire presentation was a highlight of features set to make the user experience an improved one. No way they omit a feature like that if it was intended to be in iOS 7. It is too key to just pop up in a future beta and it won't be exclusive to the next iPhone.

Do the powers at be not use iPhones lol?! How can the lack of this feature not be pissing them off as well?
    06-11-2013 05:58 PM
    I whole heartedly agree. The entire presentation was a highlight of features set to make the user experience an improved one. No way they omit a feature like that if it was intended to be in iOS 7. It is too key to just pop up in a future beta and it won't be exclusive to the next iPhone.

Do the powers at be not use iPhones lol?! How can the lack of this feature not be pissing them off as well?
    That's what I'm thinking as well. Kicker is that they put it in mavericks their new OS for the Mac
    06-11-2013 06:19 PM
    The notification banners in ios7 are noticeably thicker and blockier. Almost like they are missing some feature...
    06-11-2013 08:58 PM
    The notification banners in ios7 are noticeably thicker and blockier. Almost like they are missing some feature...
    Yes ..... Quick reply lmao
    redbeard likes this.
    06-11-2013 09:01 PM
    That's a fair assessment. The first time I saw it they just felt empty kind of like a placeholder.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2
    06-11-2013 09:03 PM
    Curious about this: can you put up a screen shot showing a banner notification?
    06-11-2013 09:56 PM
    Curious about this: can you put up a screen shot showing a banner notification?
    Here you go.

No Quick Reply for messages? iOS 7 Developer Build-imageuploadedbytapatalk-21371002468.462348.jpg

The notification will just abruptly slide down from the top, last a short while, then slide back up. Very 'in your face', and (ironically) not as subtle as the way the banners would roll in for IOS6.
    06-11-2013 10:01 PM
    Here you go.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371002468.462348.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	127.4 KB 
ID:	32194

The notification will just abruptly slide down from the top, last a short while, then slide back up. Very 'in your face', and (ironically) not as subtle as the way the banners would roll in for IOS6.
    Wow, that's a surprise! So they're not only a different color (now black) and larger, but no longer roll at all? Quite a change.

Can you still swipe them left (or pull down slightly and release) to dismiss the notification?
    06-11-2013 11:15 PM
    Never tried it before, usually just wait for the notifications to disappear on their own). Anyways, I just restored back to 6.1.3. The new features weren't worth the lag, heat and random reboots.
    06-11-2013 11:19 PM
    Definitely looks like there's room for a reply or dismiss button!
    BLiNK, phreddyl, stoneland and 1 others like this.
    06-11-2013 11:19 PM
    Wow, that's a surprise! So they're not only a different color (now black) and larger, but no longer roll at all? Quite a change.

Can you still swipe them left (or pull down slightly and release) to dismiss the notification?
    You can slide them UP to hide them now, much more convenient than the previous sliding them down and then up way - The box does seem a little larger than it needs to be, doesn't it? I assumed it was just needing to be tweaked slightly, but the thought of something being "missing" is an interesting one. There was a lot of talk about IOS7 being behind and staff were pulled from OS Mavericks to help develop it, maybe the quick reply feature simply wasn't ready in time to be showed off?
    06-12-2013 12:31 AM
    Improved Siri voice isn't in beta 1 ... Although it was discussed I think future betas may add to the feature set.
    06-12-2013 01:04 AM
    Intriguing ideas and it does seem like the banners are bigger just chilling waiting a quick reply button LOL.

Also I think a lot us would really love a quick compose widget!!

Sent from the collector home world.
    06-12-2013 02:13 AM
    Has Apple ever introduced a major UI feature via beta that they didn't show at WWDC and included it in the final release? I'm trying to think of one. I know they have added smaller features, touched up UI elements, and laid the foundation for larger features without including them before.
    I found one such feature and it is actually on ios 7. In mail there is an option now to mark all, then mark as read. A mark all as read option to me is pretty substantial but that wasn't mentioned at all.
    Superjudge and MountandJew like this.
    06-12-2013 05:11 AM
    With full multitasking, you don't need to have this quick reply option. Just go into your messages, reply, and go right back where you were. Nothing has stopped or changed. And since you can now just swipe to get back and forth between apps, it should be very fast and easy. So your desire to have a quick reply for messages is needless.
    06-12-2013 08:25 AM
    With full multitasking, you don't need to have this quick reply option. Just go into your messages, reply, and go right back where you were. Nothing has stopped or changed. And since you can now just swipe to get back and forth between apps, it should be very fast and easy. So your desire to have a quick reply for messages is needless.
    Well the whole point is so you don't have to use multi tasking you just click reply type then send eliminating the extra move by moving from the message app to the one you were in
    Just_Me_D and stoneland like this.
    06-12-2013 08:27 AM
62 123