iOS 7 Developer Build looks pretty solid.

iOS 7 looks to be pretty good

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcoop9

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: iOS 7 looks pretty solid. Thoughts?

I'm super excited for iOS 7.

Also, remember Jony Ive and team had only 7 months to get the beta out, so there will be a lot more polish to it before the official release. I'm hoping the new APIs allow interapp communication, haven't heard anything about that yet.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

One feature I wish would have made it would have been an auto-rotate landscape mode like in the iPad.

Maybe by the final release this will happen *cross fingers* ;)

abazigal

May 9, 2013
Visit site

Is anyone dismayed that there is no way to get a quick idea of your overall schedule from your calender app in monthly view (as compared to fantastical, which uses coloured dots to give an indication of how packed your day is).

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

I'm enjoying it so far. Not sure yet on it creating stations and suggesting music like Pandora does. But I'm definitely thinking of dropping my paid Pandora One subscription. I do pay for iTunes Match so I don't get the ads (same reason k pay for Pandora now).

This is good news (plus the seeming lack of limits on the skips). Thanks.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

I'm jealous off all you guys with dev accounts that can get the beta. It's going to be a long summer...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

Why jealous? Yes we get to play with the new OS, but there are lots of annoying bugs to deal with as well there's a reason it's called a beta.

I've used a beta product before, it was called a PlayBook lol.

I'm just a tech geek at heart. More curious about how these changes to the OS affect or change the iOS experience we've been use to all these years. I like playing with shiny new things :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site

I do like it.

But I hope they tone down the colors a little or make the icons a little less cartoony. The app icons also seem kind of random some look strange together IMO. Can't put my finger on it. Just doesn't look as sharp, slick, or high class to me. The only description I keep arriving at is it looks a little bit too much like a toy just looking at the home screen alone.

revtech

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site

For those of you wondering about black iphones, there is a pic on the CB site where Bla1ze put ios7 on his black iphone with a dark wallpaper, and somehow the home screen icons don't look quite as bad; unless I'm just starting to get used to seeing them.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

For those of you wondering about black iphones, there is a pic on the CB site where Bla1ze put ios7 on his black iphone with a dark wallpaper, and somehow the home screen icons don't look quite as bad; unless I'm just starting to get used to seeing them.

I'm not sure how much of it is on the homescreen, but with some of the transparency elements, changing your wallpaper from light to dark to multi coloured should make a noticeable difference in appearance.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

revtech

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site

You mean you have icons for things that others don't? That's cool!

When BB10 was coming out there was all this secrecy about showing screen icons because there was so much uncertainty about what would/would not be on it . . but I can't imagine what isn't already on ios to be secretive about . . guess we'll find out later ;-)

BTW - thanks for the screenshot, I think it's starting to grow on me . . maybe . . kinda . . sorta . . .

revtech

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site

Does anybody have a guess why there were no pics/demos with a black iphone either in the keynote or on the website? I mean, I'm not trying to sound kooky or suggest some kind of conspiracy or anything, I guess I just noticed and wondered why . . .

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Does anybody have a guess why there were no pics/demos with a black iphone either in the keynote or on the website? I mean, I'm not trying to sound kooky or suggest some kind of conspiracy or anything, I guess I just noticed and wondered why . . .

The folks who make the black helicopters use up all the black?

I have no idea why the demos all were done with white phones... just one of those things that make you go "huh?"

revtech

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site

The folks who make the black helicopters use up all the black?

I have no idea why the demos all were done with white phones... just one of those things that make you go "huh?"

well, I suppose since they ran out of green felt and leather I suppose that makes sense ;-)

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site

I have a plain black background. Here is a portion of my home screen (chopped down to make sure I only included icons already shown by Apple in their website, I don't want to run afoul of the NDA).

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/13/e4e5erer.jpg

That does look significantly better on the black background. Maybe only showing it with white iPhones with the animated backgrounds isn't the best. I hope the icons get some revisions and tightening up. Will they really ship it with a photos icon that looks like the NBC peacock?

I think I feel about the same as Rene in respect to iOS 7 at this point. I will reserve final judgement until it is on my iPhone.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site

I'm guessing the 5S will have themes for it and perhaps more than two colors. The same guy who designs the hardware is behind the iOS design so I'm sure he's pretty aware of all this as well as hearing feedback. Part of previewing iOS is being careful not to give away anything regarding the upcoming hardware.

Paradocks

May 5, 2012
Visit site

I think iOS 7 is a step in the right direction as far as functionality is concerned. The addition of the Control Center is cool, and I applaud Apple for taking a chance on what seems to be a divisive issue concerning some visual elements of the updated UI. That being said, I also think Apple has enough time before release to massage the interface and listen to some suggestions for potential improvement. Please keep things in perspective. It is only the first beta release. I am looking forward to seeing the final release on my iPad this fall.

Sent from somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal