iOS 7 Developer Build looks pretty solid.

iOS 7 looks to be pretty good

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(5818411)

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: iOS 7 looks pretty solid. Thoughts?

What is funny is its a ripoff..

Apple swipes a thing or two from BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
Apple just ripped off blackberry!! - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
Apple - iOS 7
Command center - same thing as bb10 except it's from the bottom on the apple instead of from the top on bb10
Notification center- BB7 was exactly like that
Peek at notifications - blackberry hub
multitasking - instead of the 4 boxes on the bb10 its boxes across the screen
lock screen - blackberry 10 with a jelly bean look

Luckily blackberry doesn't patent every single thing as apple does or they would to be sued for like 10 different things.. RIP steve jobs you were innovative

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
iOS 7 looks pretty solid. Thoughts?

Apple - iOS 7
Command center - same thing as bb10 except it's from the bottom on the apple instead of from the top on bb10

Luckily blackberry doesn't patent every single thing as apple does or they would to be sued for like 10 different things.. RIP steve jobs you were innovative

Well, I suppose that since those things aren't benefiting Blackberry all that well, Apple might as well make good use of them. Right? Seriously, non-iPhone users have complained about the things that their platform of choice has and how Apple needs to catch up or step up its game. Now that it has, Apple is being accused of ripping off its competitors. Do you not see the hypocrisy?

Last edited:

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site

Apple - iOS 7

Command center- BB10 stole from android
Notification center- blackberry doesn't have one
Peek- didn't see that anywhere in iOS
Multitasking - web OS...nuff said
Lock screen- Android did it first

You're trolling attempt: 0/10

Bekrah

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site

I think Apple nailed it with IOS 7. I have only one true disappointment and that is lack of quick reply for text. Texting is what I do most on my phone. Not sure I will give up my jailbreak now.

Maybe more feature within iOS 7 will be introduced in the fall? A quick reply feature is a must in my opinion as well. I text a heck of a lot more than I actually make phone calls.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

I sure hope so. I know others are hopeful of that as well. I just think that when they were showing off the new sms look, that it would have been the perfect time to show quick reply off if they were planning to bring it to IOS 7. I'm trying not to be negative, but at the same time am not holding out much hope for it :/

vdroide

May 22, 2013
Visit site

Apple - iOS 7

I imagine they couldn?t patent stuff they took from other platforms. I imagine that is how the system works.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

Well, I suppose that since those things aren't benefiting Blackberry all that well, Apple might as well make good use of them. Right? Seriously, non-iPhone users have complained about the things that their platform of choice has ad how Apple needs to catch up or step up its game. Now that it has, Apple is being accused of ripping off its competitors. Do you not see the hypocrisy?

Exactly how is Apple supposed to do it?! They finally implement stuff non apple people have been complaining about then when they do everybody b1tches again!!

I used to be in this camp so I understand but now think its dumb!

Sent from the collector home world.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

Apple - iOS 7

If they are indeed borrowing a few ideas from BlackBerry, doesn't that mean that BB is finally doing something right? That they're slowly becoming relevant again in the mobile race?

I'm not Apple, I'm not BlackBerry. I could care less who borrowed from who. As a user of both OSs, ultimately I benefit from what they do with their products.

You should have a read at this piece from Jerry at Android Central, it hits the nail right on the head:
Apple's iOS 7 'copied' everyone - and that's a good thing | Android Central

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

I didn't read everyone else's comments, but let me say this: I cannot WAIT to put this on my iPhone 5. I've said for awhile that iOS was looking stale and that the designers/developers needed to deliver at WWDC. Well, they did that - and more. Yes, it's a radical(?) departure from the previous generations, but is that a bad thing? We have everything we had before (and in many ways, improved) and also have improved functionality with the addition of the control center, a more useful lockscreen, and other adjustments. iOS 7 jumps off the screen (at least that's the impression I got from the keynote) and makes a good product even better. Yup, I want to put iOS 7 on my phone right now - but I can wait. :biggrin:

(Bonus - I can't wait to put Mavericks on my MacBook!)

j21jam6

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site

Hi iPhone lovers. I'm sure most people in this forum look forward to iOS7. When I saw the unveiling today I was shocked! Shocked that out of the 12 videos showing the new features, 11 are Clearly "borrowed" from the the new operating system now offered in BlackBerry 10. Without a doubt most companies (Samsung, Apple, Android, Windows, BlackBerry...) tend to copy one another. But this is blatantly egregious. The iPhone stopped innovating after the advent of Siri. They say "imitation is the best form of flattery" but what I saw today was just shameful. Copyright infringement has to be an issue with several of these "new" features. Samsung has already sued Apple for what it perceives as infringement, surely BlackBerry will soon do the same. I can hardly wait to see how things shake out. Have fun with your new BlackBerry, oops I meant iPhone.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Hi iPhone lovers. I'm sure most people in this forum look forward to iOS7. When I saw the unveiling today I was shocked! Shocked that out of the 12 videos showing the new features, 11 are Clearly "borrowed" from the the new operating system now offered in BlackBerry 10. Without a doubt most companies (Samsung, Apple, Android, Windows, BlackBerry...) tend to copy one another. But this is blatantly egregious. The iPhone stopped innovating after the advent of Siri. They say "imitation is the best form of flattery" but what I saw today was just shameful. Copyright infringement has to be an issue with several of these "new" features. Samsung has already sued Apple for what it perceives as infringement, surely BlackBerry will soon do the same. I can hardly wait to see how things shake out. Have fun with your new BlackBerry, oops I meant iPhone.

So glad that iMore has a "all the trolls, all the time" policy... thankfully most of them are of the "drive by" variety...

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

So glad that iMore has a "all the trolls, all the time" policy... thankfully most of them are the "drive by" variety...
I was correct in observing we'd see denizens of other platforms who would show up to dish hate upon a device/OS they don't even use in their everyday life and further pontificate that everything Apple did today was a steaming pile of fail... I too hope they get it out of their systems and go back to soiling the sandboxes from whence they came...

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site

Crackberry be trollin hard tonight.
Better do a fact check on how many of Blackberry's features they "borrowed" from other phones (hint: it was all of the ones that are worthwhile).

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

Have fun with your new BlackBerry, oops I meant iPhone.

LOL!! Does Blackberry even still make phones? You can have fun with your little quips, especially when you went out of your way to create a profile in a competitors forum to do so, but leave the crack to crackberry. Don't ever compare something as polished and premium as the iPhone to RIM or whatever they're calling it now.

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

Are you that insecure about a freaking phone that you have to create an account on imore and post in this thread? Seriously, there are far more important things in life than this!!! What the hell is wrong with people!!! I do not get this odd behavior. Who the hell cares who copied from whom. Most companies "emulate" they do not "innovate." Even the tablet existed BEFORE the ipad. Apple took the concept and perfected it. There was an iphone like device BEFORE the iphone. Apple perfected the smartphone and started a stampede of other companies doing the same form factors with touchscreens.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

I'll re-post for your benefit (if you ever come back) something I posted on CrackBerry today. This was said by an employee of one of the smartphone manufacturers a couple of years ago after one of their competitors called them out for copying their OS.

"I feel that we set out from the ground up to define a user experience that we felt would delight our customers, and we landed in a place that may look like other competitive devices. But there was no intention and no preconceived notion that this is what we want to end up looking like. In fact, I think _________ had that design lined up before we even started working with them.

You know, cars over time end up looking a lot alike because you put them through a wind tunnel, and when you?re trying to come up with the best coefficient to drag ratio, there?s one optimized shape that gets the best wind resistance, right? Well, when you?re trying to optimize user experience that juggles multitasking, multiple apps open at once and on a small screen, you?re going to get people landing on similar kinds of designs."

Care to take a guess who the manufacturer was that was that said this?

I was correct in observing we'd see denizens of other platforms who would show up to dish hate upon a device/OS they don't even use in their everyday life and further pontificate that everything Apple did today was a steaming pile of fail... I too hope they get it out of their systems and go back to soiling the sandboxes from whence they came...
Ahh crap, sorry Keith. I must've left the door open again today and some of the more trollish inmates escaped the asylum when I was leaving CB to visit iMore to read the WWDC coverage.

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site

The thing that impresses me about it is Activation Lock. That's going to make it much more difficult for criminals to steal iPhones. As far as I can tell, the other platforms don't have anything like that. I'm wondering how upgrading to iOS7 will affect my new phone upgrade, when I sell this phone back to Sprint (assuming I stick with Sprint).

iOS7 looks different enough for those who wanted changes, and enough like iOS to placate people who aren' t much into change. As for the assertion that iOS7 looks like BB ow WP or Android, I don't personally think so. The changes are a welcome coat of fresh paint on this platform. Now comes the long wait for the iPhone that's optimized to get the most out of iOS7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods