iOS 7 Developer Build looks pretty solid.

iOS 7 looks to be pretty good

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: iOS 7 looks pretty solid. Thoughts?

Holy CRAP it is AMAZING!!! WAY more that I was expecting!!! A lot of my "wants" have been addressed!!! (actionable stuff from lock screen, quicker/better access to setting toggles, NEW look...)!!! Woohoo!!!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I will reserve my poll vote until I read the actual article and view the pros and cons but I can see be it this poll and the thread the JustMe'D created is going to be a very interesting and long debated answers of all kinds.

I am actually more interested to read other member thoughts than the article itself. There will be for sure may opinions all over the map....Let the posting begin!

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site

IMHO, Ivy & Co. totally nailed it. The only thing iOS7 is missing from my "want" list is arranging app icons however & wherever I'd like on the screen. But at that, iOS7 is/will be enough for me to ditch my jailbreak. Can't wait for the full-on release!

desjones4ever

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site

I think it looks great! One missing feature is quick reply text because of what they did with Mac OS I believe it will happen before the release date! At least I hope!!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

IMHO, Ivy & Co. totally nailed it. The only thing iOS7 is missing from my "want" list is arranging app icons however & wherever I'd like on the screen. But at that, iOS7 is/will be enough for me to ditch my jailbreak. Can't wait for the full-on release!

You can arrange app icons where ever you'd like already.

dobermansrule

May 23, 2013
Visit site

Is the iPhone 5 going to receive all of the features that were mentioned and viewed today? Cause I heard some of the phones weren't getting all the features such as the older phones...

vdroide

May 22, 2013
Visit site
iOS 7 looks pretty solid. Thoughts?

Pros: Pretty much everything discussed.

Cons: Actionable notifications for my Macbook but not my iPhone? Blasphemy.

And until its released we don't know of it would come.

BTW I love the new iOS. Functionality that's what I needed, and an ex webos user thumbs up to the cards.

Live Long and Prosper using Tapatalk II

stoneland

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site

I don't like it and here are my gripes that hopefully someone can answer (I may just be misinformed)..copied and pasted this from a Facebook rant I did lol:

The colors and the icons (too bright, too elementary-school-looking--best way I can describe it), the font (too thin, will be a problem for visually impaired people), still no live widgets (Weather app icon is still a static sun and cloud, come on), iTunes Radio is another bundled thing that I won't use but can't get rid of (Spotify and Pandora work fine for me), automatic app updates is NOT good (sometimes there are incompatibility issues with new versions of apps, or a feature you want to hold on to with a previous version), still no way to reply to a text message without exiting what you're doing, white text on a blue background for messages (who thought that was a good idea?), parallax will most likely use more battery power (and is purely aesthetic), Notification Center is still just a place to see what's new and you can't interact with it or from it (see comment about replying to text messages--you still can't reply to a text message from the notification; you still jump to the Messages app, therefore exiting the app you were currently using)

So you still can't do quick replies of messages? And does anyone think there might be a darker color scheme? Because all this white is kind of blinding me (and seems to be specifically matched to the white iPhone).

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site

You can arrange app icons where ever you'd like already.
Yeah, like stoneland said: I'd like to arrange the icons in an "X", or group them in the middle of the screen, not locked in a left to right, upper to lower sequential grid. My bad for not expressing that better.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site

Is the iPhone 5 going to receive all of the features that were mentioned and viewed today? Cause I heard some of the phones weren't getting all the features such as the older phones...

iPhone 5 will get everything. Some older devices wont get the file sharing capability.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Like I said, This is going to be one heck of a discussion thread. I just got back from the Apple web site looking at the the keynote video and features of IOS7 and I have to say that there are many features that are of much interest to me and for the most part I have to say I am excited especially if the phones form factor they showed it on does not change and cheapens but stays at least as it is now.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

It's funny because I've argued with people who thought Jailbreak is not even on Apple's radar. The multi-tasking looks like a direct take of Auxo. The unlimited folders, infinifolders anyone? What I'm wondering now is if the OS tracks your apps to know what needs more time, etc. What does it mean for Jailbreak? Will they then know who is running JB apps? Also maybe it's their way of monitoring how popular JB apps are without "really" tracking it. This would give them a good idea of which tweaks and apps people on the JB side are popular.
In any case I will be running iOS 7, it is beautiful but as soon as there is a JB I will be doing it. The ability for me to change the things I don't like and the things that still aren't provided is too compelling. BiteSMS, Gridlock 2 and Winterboard are a few of the still pertinent tweaks for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77