iOS 7 Developer Build looks pretty solid.

iOS 7 looks to be pretty good

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Re: iOS 7 looks pretty solid. Thoughts?

It's funny because I've argued with people who thought Jailbreak is not even on Apple's radar. The multi-tasking looks like a direct take of Auxo. The unlimited folders, infinifolders anyone? What I'm wondering now is if the OS tracks your apps to know what needs more time, etc. What does it mean for Jailbreak? Will they then know who is running JB apps? Also maybe it's their way of monitoring how popular JB apps are without "really" tracking it. This would give them a good idea of which tweaks and apps people on the JB side are popular.
In any case I will be running iOS 7, it is beautiful but as soon as there is a JB I will be doing it. The ability for me to change the things I don't like and the things that still aren't provided is too compelling. BiteSMS, Gridlock 2 and Winterboard are a few of the still pertinent tweaks for me.

I usually update to the newest major iOS update, then wait for a jailbreak. It's what I did for both iOS 5 and 6. I can use the phone stock. But I probably will be jailbreaking when it's out. I may forgo Winterboard this time, as it's a total resource hog and I like the new look, even though it's so white. If there is no QR I am redownloading biteSMS for sure.

​I really do like it though. I think they listened.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

I just finished looking at the iOS 7 video on the Apple website. I'm not crazy about the fonts and the backgrounds. I'm gonna reserve judgement for now. I'm interested to see what everyone has to say.

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

I have no complaints. I like it and will continue using my iPhone without a problem.

I hope iTunes Radio will have unlimited skip. Hopefully we'll find out soon. I highly
doubt it though.

If it does not, then wait for a jailbreak and it will. The same thing with Pandora.

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site

I was hoping for this too. But I guess all of the new features make up for it.
My thoughts exactly: while I would've loved to have this they included some other more valuable features. This was a "nice to have", but the other "need to have's" that Apple is delivering more than compensate.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site

Camera features: Awesome
Parallax: awesome
Improved weather app: awesome
Airdrop: awesome
quick settings: awesome
Infinite folders: nice

No quick reply: Giant fail
No widgets: fail
Pre-school icons: Monumental fail

I do like many of the new features, the camera app looks awesome now, lots of good new functionality. Just bummed with the WP8 crayon look, definitely a step back in design, 3D realistic looking design kills this overly flat, boring, 4 year old style. They could have gone so many ways design wise, yet chose these icons that look like early 90's clip art? I don't get why everyone thinks Jony Ive is so talented, I think he's horrible. Looking forward to the day the jailbreak comes out so we can trash these cheesy icons and flat white look.

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

IMHO, Ivy & Co. totally nailed it. The only thing iOS7 is missing from my "want" list is arranging app icons however & wherever I'd like on the screen. But at that, iOS7 is/will be enough for me to ditch my jailbreak. Can't wait for the full-on release!

It has more stuff that will make some tweaks unnecessary like toggles for example, but there are other tweaks that I still like, Zehpyr/BiteSMS/infinifolders/Springtomize (I have 240 apps) for example. I will probably ditch my jailbreak and get back to it when there will be a jailbreak for ios 7.

Doc Z

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site

Really liked everything in ios7. Finally quick toggles for wifi!!! Someone please tell me you can change the ugly rainbow colors in the control center though?!

jefftam68

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site

People are complaining about not being able to quick reply to texts or other notifications. I don't understand the problem. If the phone has better multitasking now, just go into the message, reply to it, and come right back to what you were doing. I'm not clear on what you are expecting.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site

People are complaining about not being able to quick reply to texts or other notifications. I don't understand the problem. If the phone has better multitasking now, just go into the message, reply to it, and come right back to what you were doing. I'm not clear on what you are expecting.

The point of quick reply is that you don't leave the app you're in—or have to call up the multitasking tray to go back to it after dealing with the message. Instead, it's handled right inside the notification, which is much less interruptive.

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

Because with quick reply you just tap the text notification, type our message, send it, and you are right back on the screen you were on. Super quick.

Edit: beat me to it lol

vdroide

May 22, 2013
Visit site

The limitless folders, has me planning to do an App Drawer thing... Love iOS 7 so far..

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site

What happened to the iWatch ? I was hoping to see them mention that and a new iPhone. I am liking the look of some of the new icons and the quick settings.

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site

The ability to not have to leave the app we're in. We should be able to tap a message that comes in, hit reply, type it up and hit send. Not tap the message, leave the app we're in to go to messages, type it up, hit send, double click home, and go back in to what we were doing before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner