View Poll Results: iOS 7 looks to be pretty good

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes Looks awesome

105 83.33%
  • Nope, I don't like it

21 16.67%
    The unlimited folders, infinifolders anyone?
    Are you saying that ios 7 has unlimited folders? I did not see that on the Apple website!!!
    06-10-2013 06:05 PM
    Are you saying that ios 7 has unlimited folders? I did not see that on the Apple website!!!
    ​They showed it at the keyboard. It had paging (and we assume) unlimited number of apps.
    06-10-2013 06:08 PM
    i wonder what Forstall is thinking right now... lol
    Probably something like "I'm a multi-gazillionaire and couldn't care less."
    moloes likes this.
    06-10-2013 06:14 PM
    Really liked everything in ios7. Finally quick toggles for wifi!!! Someone please tell me you can change the ugly rainbow colors in the control center though?!
    06-10-2013 06:17 PM
    People are complaining about not being able to quick reply to texts or other notifications. I don't understand the problem. If the phone has better multitasking now, just go into the message, reply to it, and come right back to what you were doing. I'm not clear on what you are expecting.
    06-10-2013 06:22 PM
    People are complaining about not being able to quick reply to texts or other notifications. I don't understand the problem. If the phone has better multitasking now, just go into the message, reply to it, and come right back to what you were doing. I'm not clear on what you are expecting.
    The point of quick reply is that you don't leave the app you're in—or have to call up the multitasking tray to go back to it after dealing with the message. Instead, it's handled right inside the notification, which is much less interruptive.
    ladyc0524 and stoneland like this.
    06-10-2013 06:38 PM
    Because with quick reply you just tap the text notification, type our message, send it, and you are right back on the screen you were on. Super quick.

Edit: beat me to it lol
    stoneland likes this.
    06-10-2013 06:43 PM
    The limitless folders, has me planning to do an App Drawer thing... Love iOS 7 so far..
    06-10-2013 06:43 PM
    What happened to the iWatch ? I was hoping to see them mention that and a new iPhone. I am liking the look of some of the new icons and the quick settings.
    06-10-2013 06:47 PM
    The ability to not have to leave the app we're in. We should be able to tap a message that comes in, hit reply, type it up and hit send. Not tap the message, leave the app we're in to go to messages, type it up, hit send, double click home, and go back in to what we were doing before.
    stoneland likes this.
    06-10-2013 06:50 PM
    What is funny is its a ripoff..

Apple swipes a thing or two from BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    Apple just ripped off blackberry!! - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    Apple - iOS 7
    Command center - same thing as bb10 except it's from the bottom on the apple instead of from the top on bb10
    Notification center- BB7 was exactly like that
    Peek at notifications - blackberry hub
    multitasking - instead of the 4 boxes on the bb10 its boxes across the screen
    lock screen - blackberry 10 with a jelly bean look

Luckily blackberry doesn't patent every single thing as apple does or they would to be sued for like 10 different things.. RIP steve jobs you were innovative
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    06-10-2013 06:56 PM

Apple - iOS 7
    Command center - same thing as bb10 except it's from the bottom on the apple instead of from the top on bb10

Luckily blackberry doesn't patent every single thing as apple does or they would to be sued for like 10 different things.. RIP steve jobs you were innovative
    Well, I suppose that since those things aren't benefiting Blackberry all that well, Apple might as well make good use of them. Right? Seriously, non-iPhone users have complained about the things that their platform of choice has and how Apple needs to catch up or step up its game. Now that it has, Apple is being accused of ripping off its competitors. Do you not see the hypocrisy?
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 06-10-2013 at 08:19 PM.
    06-10-2013 07:09 PM

Apple - iOS 7

Command center- BB10 stole from android
    Notification center- blackberry doesn't have one
    Peek- didn't see that anywhere in iOS
    Multitasking - web OS...nuff said
    Lock screen- Android did it first

You're trolling attempt: 0/10
    vdroide, Fausty82 and MERCDROID like this.
    06-10-2013 07:12 PM
    I think Apple nailed it with IOS 7. I have only one true disappointment and that is lack of quick reply for text. Texting is what I do most on my phone. Not sure I will give up my jailbreak now.
    Maybe more feature within iOS 7 will be introduced in the fall? A quick reply feature is a must in my opinion as well. I text a heck of a lot more than I actually make phone calls.
    stoneland likes this.
    06-10-2013 07:27 PM
    I sure hope so. I know others are hopeful of that as well. I just think that when they were showing off the new sms look, that it would have been the perfect time to show quick reply off if they were planning to bring it to IOS 7. I'm trying not to be negative, but at the same time am not holding out much hope for it :/
    06-10-2013 07:31 PM

Apple - iOS 7

I imagine they couldnt patent stuff they took from other platforms. I imagine that is how the system works.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    06-10-2013 07:33 PM
    I'd like an "unread" folder in mail...
    06-10-2013 07:57 PM
    Well, I suppose that since those things aren't benefiting Blackberry all that well, Apple might as well make good use of them. Right? Seriously, non-iPhone users have complained about the things that their platform of choice has ad how Apple needs to catch up or step up its game. Now that it has, Apple is being accused of ripping off its competitors. Do you not see the hypocrisy?
    Exactly how is Apple supposed to do it?! They finally implement stuff non apple people have been complaining about then when they do everybody b1tches again!!

I used to be in this camp so I understand but now think its dumb!

Sent from the collector home world.
    Just_Me_D, revtech and jburke82 like this.
    06-10-2013 08:21 PM

Apple - iOS 7

If they are indeed borrowing a few ideas from BlackBerry, doesn't that mean that BB is finally doing something right? That they're slowly becoming relevant again in the mobile race?

I'm not Apple, I'm not BlackBerry. I could care less who borrowed from who. As a user of both OSs, ultimately I benefit from what they do with their products.

You should have a read at this piece from Jerry at Android Central, it hits the nail right on the head:
    Apple's iOS 7 'copied' everyone - and that's a good thing | Android Central
    Just_Me_D, MERCDROID and jefftam68 like this.
    06-10-2013 08:28 PM
    I didn't read everyone else's comments, but let me say this: I cannot WAIT to put this on my iPhone 5. I've said for awhile that iOS was looking stale and that the designers/developers needed to deliver at WWDC. Well, they did that - and more. Yes, it's a radical(?) departure from the previous generations, but is that a bad thing? We have everything we had before (and in many ways, improved) and also have improved functionality with the addition of the control center, a more useful lockscreen, and other adjustments. iOS 7 jumps off the screen (at least that's the impression I got from the keynote) and makes a good product even better. Yup, I want to put iOS 7 on my phone right now - but I can wait.

(Bonus - I can't wait to put Mavericks on my MacBook!)
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    06-10-2013 09:25 PM
    Hi iPhone lovers. I'm sure most people in this forum look forward to iOS7. When I saw the unveiling today I was shocked! Shocked that out of the 12 videos showing the new features, 11 are Clearly "borrowed" from the the new operating system now offered in BlackBerry 10. Without a doubt most companies (Samsung, Apple, Android, Windows, BlackBerry...) tend to copy one another. But this is blatantly egregious. The iPhone stopped innovating after the advent of Siri. They say "imitation is the best form of flattery" but what I saw today was just shameful. Copyright infringement has to be an issue with several of these "new" features. Samsung has already sued Apple for what it perceives as infringement, surely BlackBerry will soon do the same. I can hardly wait to see how things shake out. Have fun with your new BlackBerry, oops I meant iPhone.
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    06-10-2013 10:30 PM
    I can't wait until iOS 7 is available!!
    06-10-2013 10:36 PM
    Hi iPhone lovers. I'm sure most people in this forum look forward to iOS7. When I saw the unveiling today I was shocked! Shocked that out of the 12 videos showing the new features, 11 are Clearly "borrowed" from the the new operating system now offered in BlackBerry 10. Without a doubt most companies (Samsung, Apple, Android, Windows, BlackBerry...) tend to copy one another. But this is blatantly egregious. The iPhone stopped innovating after the advent of Siri. They say "imitation is the best form of flattery" but what I saw today was just shameful. Copyright infringement has to be an issue with several of these "new" features. Samsung has already sued Apple for what it perceives as infringement, surely BlackBerry will soon do the same. I can hardly wait to see how things shake out. Have fun with your new BlackBerry, oops I meant iPhone.
    So glad that iMore has a "all the trolls, all the time" policy... thankfully most of them are of the "drive by" variety...
    06-10-2013 10:42 PM
    So glad that iMore has a "all the trolls, all the time" policy... thankfully most of them are the "drive by" variety...
    I was correct in observing we'd see denizens of other platforms who would show up to dish hate upon a device/OS they don't even use in their everyday life and further pontificate that everything Apple did today was a steaming pile of fail... I too hope they get it out of their systems and go back to soiling the sandboxes from whence they came...
    06-10-2013 10:49 PM
    Crackberry be trollin hard tonight.
    Better do a fact check on how many of Blackberry's features they "borrowed" from other phones (hint: it was all of the ones that are worthwhile).
    MERCDROID likes this.
    06-10-2013 10:50 PM
160 12345 ...