View Poll Results: iOS 7 looks to be pretty good

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes Looks awesome

105 83.33%
  • Nope, I don't like it

21 16.67%
    IMHO, Ivy & Co. totally nailed it. The only thing iOS7 is missing from my "want" list is arranging app icons however & wherever I'd like on the screen. But at that, iOS7 is/will be enough for me to ditch my jailbreak. Can't wait for the full-on release!
    You can arrange app icons where ever you'd like already.
    06-10-2013 05:08 PM
    Is the iPhone 5 going to receive all of the features that were mentioned and viewed today? Cause I heard some of the phones weren't getting all the features such as the older phones...
    06-10-2013 05:10 PM
    Pros: Pretty much everything discussed.

Cons: Actionable notifications for my Macbook but not my iPhone? Blasphemy.
    And until its released we don't know of it would come.

BTW I love the new iOS. Functionality that's what I needed, and an ex webos user thumbs up to the cards.

Live Long and Prosper using Tapatalk II
    I don't like it and here are my gripes that hopefully someone can answer (I may just be misinformed)..copied and pasted this from a Facebook rant I did lol:

The colors and the icons (too bright, too elementary-school-looking--best way I can describe it), the font (too thin, will be a problem for visually impaired people), still no live widgets (Weather app icon is still a static sun and cloud, come on), iTunes Radio is another bundled thing that I won't use but can't get rid of (Spotify and Pandora work fine for me), automatic app updates is NOT good (sometimes there are incompatibility issues with new versions of apps, or a feature you want to hold on to with a previous version), still no way to reply to a text message without exiting what you're doing, white text on a blue background for messages (who thought that was a good idea?), parallax will most likely use more battery power (and is purely aesthetic), Notification Center is still just a place to see what's new and you can't interact with it or from it (see comment about replying to text messages--you still can't reply to a text message from the notification; you still jump to the Messages app, therefore exiting the app you were currently using)

So you still can't do quick replies of messages? And does anyone think there might be a darker color scheme? Because all this white is kind of blinding me (and seems to be specifically matched to the white iPhone).
    redbeard likes this.
    I think they mean not locked to the grid.
    fridayxiii likes this.
    06-10-2013 05:11 PM
    Yeah, like stoneland said: I'd like to arrange the icons in an "X", or group them in the middle of the screen, not locked in a left to right, upper to lower sequential grid. My bad for not expressing that better.
    Ipheuria likes this.
    06-10-2013 05:16 PM
    Yeah, like stoneland said: I'd like to arrange the icons in an "X", or group them in the middle of the screen, not locked in a left to right, upper to lower sequential grid. My bad for not expressing that better.
    Got ya. My bad!
    06-10-2013 05:19 PM
    i wonder what Forstall is thinking right now... lol
    onsenk and impaler like this.
    06-10-2013 05:19 PM
    Looks like they took a lot from android. Nice change but if they start getting sue happy, no no!
    as an Android illiterate what did they take from Android?
    06-10-2013 05:20 PM
    I'm impressed with it. Can't wait to download.
    06-10-2013 05:23 PM
    Looks completely AMAZING!!! Can't wait til it comes out.

Tapped out from my 5
    06-10-2013 05:25 PM
    Is the iPhone 5 going to receive all of the features that were mentioned and viewed today? Cause I heard some of the phones weren't getting all the features such as the older phones...
    iPhone 5 will get everything. Some older devices wont get the file sharing capability.
    06-10-2013 05:31 PM
    Like I said, This is going to be one heck of a discussion thread. I just got back from the Apple web site looking at the the keynote video and features of IOS7 and I have to say that there are many features that are of much interest to me and for the most part I have to say I am excited especially if the phones form factor they showed it on does not change and cheapens but stays at least as it is now.
    06-10-2013 05:31 PM
    i wonder what Forstall is thinking right now... lol
    "I can't believe they ran out of green felt!"

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    mikeo007 and anon5664829 like this.
    06-10-2013 05:35 PM
    It's funny because I've argued with people who thought Jailbreak is not even on Apple's radar. The multi-tasking looks like a direct take of Auxo. The unlimited folders, infinifolders anyone? What I'm wondering now is if the OS tracks your apps to know what needs more time, etc. What does it mean for Jailbreak? Will they then know who is running JB apps? Also maybe it's their way of monitoring how popular JB apps are without "really" tracking it. This would give them a good idea of which tweaks and apps people on the JB side are popular.
    In any case I will be running iOS 7, it is beautiful but as soon as there is a JB I will be doing it. The ability for me to change the things I don't like and the things that still aren't provided is too compelling. BiteSMS, Gridlock 2 and Winterboard are a few of the still pertinent tweaks for me.
    06-10-2013 05:37 PM
    It's funny because I've argued with people who thought Jailbreak is not even on Apple's radar. The multi-tasking looks like a direct take of Auxo. The unlimited folders, infinifolders anyone? What I'm wondering now is if the OS tracks your apps to know what needs more time, etc. What does it mean for Jailbreak? Will they then know who is running JB apps? Also maybe it's their way of monitoring how popular JB apps are without "really" tracking it. This would give them a good idea of which tweaks and apps people on the JB side are popular.
    In any case I will be running iOS 7, it is beautiful but as soon as there is a JB I will be doing it. The ability for me to change the things I don't like and the things that still aren't provided is too compelling. BiteSMS, Gridlock 2 and Winterboard are a few of the still pertinent tweaks for me.
    I usually update to the newest major iOS update, then wait for a jailbreak. It's what I did for both iOS 5 and 6. I can use the phone stock. But I probably will be jailbreaking when it's out. I may forgo Winterboard this time, as it's a total resource hog and I like the new look, even though it's so white. If there is no QR I am redownloading biteSMS for sure.

​I really do like it though. I think they listened.
    Ipheuria likes this.
    06-10-2013 05:42 PM
    I just finished looking at the iOS 7 video on the Apple website. I'm not crazy about the fonts and the backgrounds. I'm gonna reserve judgement for now. I'm interested to see what everyone has to say.
    06-10-2013 05:43 PM
    The only thing iOS7 is missing from my "want" list is arranging app icons however & wherever I'd like on the screen.
    I was hoping for this too. But I guess all of the new features make up for it.
    06-10-2013 05:43 PM
    I have no complaints. I like it and will continue using my iPhone without a problem.

I hope iTunes Radio will have unlimited skip. Hopefully we'll find out soon. I highly
    doubt it though.
    If it does not, then wait for a jailbreak and it will. The same thing with Pandora.
    06-10-2013 05:44 PM
    I was hoping for this too. But I guess all of the new features make up for it.
    My thoughts exactly: while I would've loved to have this they included some other more valuable features. This was a "nice to have", but the other "need to have's" that Apple is delivering more than compensate.
    06-10-2013 05:48 PM
    Got ya. My bad!
    No worries man, it's all good
    06-10-2013 05:49 PM
    Camera features: Awesome
    Parallax: awesome
    Improved weather app: awesome
    Airdrop: awesome
    quick settings: awesome
    Infinite folders: nice

No quick reply: Giant fail
    No widgets: fail
    Pre-school icons: Monumental fail

I do like many of the new features, the camera app looks awesome now, lots of good new functionality. Just bummed with the WP8 crayon look, definitely a step back in design, 3D realistic looking design kills this overly flat, boring, 4 year old style. They could have gone so many ways design wise, yet chose these icons that look like early 90's clip art? I don't get why everyone thinks Jony Ive is so talented, I think he's horrible. Looking forward to the day the jailbreak comes out so we can trash these cheesy icons and flat white look.
    06-10-2013 05:50 PM
    I want it NOW!
    dev centre is up
    IMHO, Ivy & Co. totally nailed it. The only thing iOS7 is missing from my "want" list is arranging app icons however & wherever I'd like on the screen. But at that, iOS7 is/will be enough for me to ditch my jailbreak. Can't wait for the full-on release!
    It has more stuff that will make some tweaks unnecessary like toggles for example, but there are other tweaks that I still like, Zehpyr/BiteSMS/infinifolders/Springtomize (I have 240 apps) for example. I will probably ditch my jailbreak and get back to it when there will be a jailbreak for ios 7.
    06-10-2013 05:55 PM
160 1234 ...