Holy Crap!! - WWDC Reaction

BrettAU

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: Holy Crap!!

Yes it would be but what the fans in the Android camp who blindly follow Google and Samsung or HTC and hate on everything Apple without even giving it a shot.

At least we both have used three of the major OSes. I gladly support Apple because of the quality of their devices and their legendary customer services now if google could make a device that surpasses the elegance and craftsmanship of Apple's products I would be all over but every Android device that has come with the exceptions of the Nexus 4 and HTC ONE, all have fallen short in my book.

Of the four Android phones I used I think the Moto Droid was the best.

Sent from the collector home world.

Agreed there. Anyone who writes off a device because it's made by "Company XYZ" is an immature consumer as far as I'm concerned.

True. I feel like it's hard to compare if you haven't used them extensively. Those are solid points; Apple's Customer Service is top notch.

The HTC One is actually what I'm using now, solid phone.

Glad I asked you for clarification, because I now agree with most you said of that. Good luck with iOS 7!

abazigal

May 9, 2013
Visit site

I liked Craig the most. He came across as being humble, yet full of that nervous excitement (a refreshing change from Scott's smug and arrogant demeanour). Was looking forward to Ive giving a live keynote though...:(

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site

Seriously, once I get quick reply for sms and the ability to block phone calls ( we did ) I dont really see the need to jailbreak anymore ( for me ). This would be the perfect set up for a phone.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site

Seriously, once I get quick reply for sms and the ability to block phone calls ( we did ) I dont really see the need to jailbreak anymore ( for me ). This would be the perfect set up for a phone.
I assume (ok, i HOPE) they will add the quick reply and other actionable notifications in later betas. I can't see them putting it in OSX where it's not really needed per se, and not in iOS where it's desperately needed.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site

For a company that copies a 2 year old product that sold 100 units saids a lot.
All jokes aside. Everyone copies everyone else. That's the way it works. The "wow" factor is fading from the smartphone market now due to all the groundbreaking technologies/features being done already. Basically the only thing left to do is slight hardware improvements and the adding of software features, most of which are gimmicky. Look at the GS4 for example, it's loaded with features, but most of them are nothing but useless gimmicks. Do we really need a video to pause when we look away? Do we really need to put our head shot in a little heart over a pic taken with the main camera? Nope.....

Last edited:

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site

All jokes aside. Everyone copies everyone else. That's the way it works. The "wow" factor is fading from the smartphone market now due to all the groundbreaking technologies/features being done already. Basically the only thing left to to is slight hardware improvements and the adding of software features, most of which are gimmicky. Look at the GS4 for example, it's loaded with features, but most of them are nothing but useless gimmicks. Do we really need a video to pause when we look away? Do we really need to put our head shot in a little heart over a pic taken with the main camera? Nope.....

True, and the fact they just implemented this now does NOT mean Apple hasn't been working on this for years, so the copy argument is just BS

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

Here's a thought... with all the gestures in iOS 7... swipe up for control center, swipe down for notification center, swipe left to right in mail to reveal the inboxes... there's likely more... but in any case.... *could* be a sign that the next iphone (5S, 6, whatever) will finally bring the "home button-less" iPhone design... :raised-eyebrow:

abazigal

May 9, 2013
Visit site

Here's a thought... with all the gestures in iOS 7... swipe up for control center, swipe down for notification center, swipe left to right in mail to reveal the inboxes... there's likely more... but in any case.... *could* be a sign that the next iphone (5S, 6, whatever) will finally bring the "home button-less" iPhone design... :raised-eyebrow:

Doesn't quite leave any swipes left to bring up the multitasking bar now ...