Holy Crap!! - WWDC Reaction

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Holy Crap!!

Not at ALL ! I had the iPhone 4S and iPhone 5 when it came out. I like iOS i just hate when Apple shows something and everyone is like OMG!!!! When the feature has been forgotten about on Android. Sure iOS 7 "looks' appealing. But really how much different is it.

I understand what you're saying, but you must remember that although Android may have had these feature already, there are a great deal of iPhone users who have never owned an Android and to them, it is new. Personally speaking, I've used every mobile platform at one point or another and still, I'm excited and pleased about the iOS 7 enhancements & features that will be "new" to the iPhone and iPad. I'm also glad that those very things that non-iPhone and some current iPhone users have complained about not having will soon be available to them. Know what I mean?

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

WOW.. You guys are crazy. Apple changed close to nothing...yet again. Sure their is a new "skin" I call it. Its not a new OS at all. Its the same grid of apps now with different icons ?! REALLY?! I can change the icons 2851681 times a day to whatever I want on my HTC One. What else is new? Their multi-tasking? Looks like a glorified version of Auxo too me. Remember, those animations that look all good in the video arent going to be their on the actual damn phone. Its clearly made for the video itself. Control center is something they finally got too bad I had it for a year +.

Well let's see only the current iteration of Android finally got toggles in the notification shade and even then it's only a shortcut that takes you to the settings it's still not a true toggle.

Plus I would rather take anything Apple does over Samsuck and Google any day. Yes Apple may take longer in implementing things but when they do its solid!!

Plus every other keynote I've watched the excitement and energy in the room of those other keynotes can't even compare to the uproar at WWDC with the exception of maybe Google I/O.

Also the Berlin store turnout you would never see that at a Samsuck store opening. Apple just rocks!!

Get over your troll self, stop being jelly and join us we have free bacon!!

Sent from the collector home world.

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site

Haha well I'm glad I was wrong!!

So excited for Control Center such a better implementation then Android.

Super stoked for iCloud Keychain!

Just wish there was interactive notifications like Mavericks.

I'm so impressed!

Control centre is much better then Androids toggles.

sydneycooper1979

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

I am completely blown away. Finally everything I love about android on an iPhone and then some!!! This is my cell phone dream come true!!!

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site

Well let's see only the current iteration of Android finally got toggles in the notification shade and even then it's only a shortcut that takes you to the settings it's still not a true toggle.

Plus I would rather take anything Apple does over Samsuck and Google any day. Yes Apple may take longer in implementing things but when they do its solid!!

Plus every other keynote I've watched the excitement and energy in the room of those other keynotes can't even compare to the uproar at WWDC with the exception of maybe Google I/O.

Also the Berlin store turnout you would never see that at a Samsuck store opening. Apple just rocks!!

Get over your troll self, stop being jelly and join us we have free bacon!!

I cant wait for iOS.

vdroide

May 22, 2013
Visit site

WOW.. You guys are crazy. Apple changed close to nothing...yet again. Sure their is a new "skin" I call it. Its not a new OS at all. Its the same grid of apps now with different icons ?! REALLY?! I can change the icons 2851681 times a day to whatever I want on my HTC One. What else is new? Their multi-tasking? Looks like a glorified version of Auxo too me. Remember, those animations that look all good in the video arent going to be their on the actual damn phone. Its clearly made for the video itself. Control center is something they finally got too bad I had it for a year +.

Whether you HAD something for a year has no bearing on whether it is something new for iOS. There is alot that has changed on iOS7, regardless of whether you HAD it on another platform. In other words, your claim is not supported by your argument.

BrettAU

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site

Still no quick reply for text messaging? That's surprising. Glad to see they finally added quick toggles though.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Holy Crap!!

Sorry, but that's just blatant fanboy-ism. It's fine if you support a company, nothing wrong with that. However, don't just blindly follow a logo.

I'm not blindely following a logo if you followed my history here on Mobile Nations you'd see that I started out in Crackberry, an active member there for a year then moved to Android Central for two years and now iMore.

I also started out with an iPhone. So before you accuse someone of blatant fanboy ism maybe check them out first.

I was stating my opinion in that after using Google and Blackberry I decided to come back to Apple because I believe they make superior products and FYI you are in an Apple forum.

Have a nice day!

Last edited:

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Okay guys, listen up, here's the deal. This was the initial introduction to iOS 7, the dev's get to play with it now and it WILL change before release. I love it though, it's beautiful. But mark my words, there will be more features shown when the next iPhone comes out. Apple has done consistently since 2007. We will see everything there is at the iPhone event. I'm still holding out on actionable notifications. I saw a good argument that because they are on OSX now there is a good chance it will be on iOS. But that's a feature that so many people want that Apple is holding off because they will still need more great things to show at the iPhone event. That last sentence is my thought on it.

Blazin' tappity tap tap 2 you!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Okay guys, listen up, here's the deal. This was the initial introduction to iOS 7, the dev's get to play with it now and it WILL change before release. I love it though, it's beautiful. But mark my words, there will be more features shown when the next iPhone comes out. Apple has done consistently since 2007. We will see everything there is at the iPhone event. I'm still holding out on actionable notifications. I saw a good argument that because they are on OSX now there is a good chance it will be on iOS. But that's a feature that so many people want that Apple is holding off because they will still need more great things to show at the iPhone event. That last sentence is my thought on it.

I agree...:)

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

Good point!! It's definitely a great sign for iOS that actionable notifications are in OS X now.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

Well alot of people are going to love one thing, you can now put Newstand in a folder :) and although there is no quick reply to messages the app opens almost instantaneous. You don't even see the homescreen . Yes quick reply is nicer because you wont leave an app but it's better than what it used to be and an update to an OS is always supposed to be better. The icons for me are hideous, it is so unpolished. I love the colors it's more playful and puts excitement into the OS which is what these devices should be about. Enjoying the use of it and having a little fun so it's a mixed bag right now.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

Well alot of people are going to love one thing, you can now put Newstand in a folder :) and although there is no quick reply to messages the app opens almost instantaneous. You don't even see the homescreen . Yes quick reply is nicer because you wont leave an app but it's better than what it used to be and an update to an OS is always supposed to be better. The icons for me are hideous, it is so unpolished. I love the colors it's more playful and puts excitement into the OS which is what these devices should be about. Enjoying the use of it and having a little fun so it's a mixed bag right now.

I'm sure it'll get refined, the way Cook and Ive were comparing iOS 7 to the initial release of the OS back in 2007 we just have to look at this as like a 1.0 version then further refinements will be on the way.

Now that they got the redesign out of the way they can work on these features.

BrettAU

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site

I'm not bindery following a logo if you followed my history here on Mobile Nations you'd see that I started out in Crackberry, an active member there for a year then moved to Android Central for two years and now iMore.

I also started out with an iPhone. So before you accuse someone of blatant fanboy ism maybe check them out first.

I was stating my opinion in that after using Google and Blackberry I decided to come back to Apple because I believe they make superior products and FYI you are in an Apple forum.

Have a nice day!

Well that's good. I'm in the same boat; Blackberry, then iPhone, then Android. However, that's irrelevant when you say you'll take ANYTHING Apple does over things done by Google. If Google made a superior product at a better price and you choose an Apple product purely because of the logo (or vice versa) it is foolish.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

Well that's good. I'm in the same boat; Blackberry, then iPhone, then Android. However, that's irrelevant when you say you'll take ANYTHING Apple does over things done by Google. If Google made a superior product at a better price and you choose an Apple product purely because of the logo (or vice versa) it is foolish.

Yes it would be but what the fans in the Android camp who blindly follow Google and Samsung or HTC and hate on everything Apple without even giving it a shot.

At least we both have used three of the major OSes. I gladly support Apple because of the quality of their devices and their legendary customer services now if google could make a device that surpasses the elegance and craftsmanship of Apple's products I would be all over but every Android device that has come with the exceptions of the Nexus 4 and HTC ONE, all have fallen short in my book.

Of the four Android phones I used I think the Moto Droid was the best.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods