Plus I would rather take anything Apple does over Samsuck and Google any day.
    Sorry, but that's just blatant fanboy-ism. It's fine if you support a company, nothing wrong with that. However, don't just blindly follow a logo.
    06-10-2013 07:49 PM
    Sorry, but that's just blatant fanboy-ism. It's fine if you support a company, nothing wrong with that. However, don't just blindly follow a logo.
    I'm not blindely following a logo if you followed my history here on Mobile Nations you'd see that I started out in Crackberry, an active member there for a year then moved to Android Central for two years and now iMore.

I also started out with an iPhone. So before you accuse someone of blatant fanboy ism maybe check them out first.

I was stating my opinion in that after using Google and Blackberry I decided to come back to Apple because I believe they make superior products and FYI you are in an Apple forum.

Have a nice day!

Sent from the collector home world.
    Last edited by swarlos; 06-10-2013 at 09:22 PM.
    06-10-2013 08:07 PM
    Okay guys, listen up, here's the deal. This was the initial introduction to iOS 7, the dev's get to play with it now and it WILL change before release. I love it though, it's beautiful. But mark my words, there will be more features shown when the next iPhone comes out. Apple has done consistently since 2007. We will see everything there is at the iPhone event. I'm still holding out on actionable notifications. I saw a good argument that because they are on OSX now there is a good chance it will be on iOS. But that's a feature that so many people want that Apple is holding off because they will still need more great things to show at the iPhone event. That last sentence is my thought on it.

Blazin' tappity tap tap 2 you!
    Just_Me_D, swarlos and John Yester like this.
    06-10-2013 08:18 PM
    Okay guys, listen up, here's the deal. This was the initial introduction to iOS 7, the dev's get to play with it now and it WILL change before release. I love it though, it's beautiful. But mark my words, there will be more features shown when the next iPhone comes out. Apple has done consistently since 2007. We will see everything there is at the iPhone event. I'm still holding out on actionable notifications. I saw a good argument that because they are on OSX now there is a good chance it will be on iOS. But that's a feature that so many people want that Apple is holding off because they will still need more great things to show at the iPhone event. That last sentence is my thought on it.

I agree...
    06-10-2013 08:22 PM

Good point!! It's definitely a great sign for iOS that actionable notifications are in OS X now.

06-10-2013 08:22 PM
    Well alot of people are going to love one thing, you can now put Newstand in a folder and although there is no quick reply to messages the app opens almost instantaneous. You don't even see the homescreen . Yes quick reply is nicer because you wont leave an app but it's better than what it used to be and an update to an OS is always supposed to be better. The icons for me are hideous, it is so unpolished. I love the colors it's more playful and puts excitement into the OS which is what these devices should be about. Enjoying the use of it and having a little fun so it's a mixed bag right now.
    swarlos likes this.
    06-10-2013 08:36 PM
    Well alot of people are going to love one thing, you can now put Newstand in a folder and although there is no quick reply to messages the app opens almost instantaneous. You don't even see the homescreen . Yes quick reply is nicer because you wont leave an app but it's better than what it used to be and an update to an OS is always supposed to be better. The icons for me are hideous, it is so unpolished. I love the colors it's more playful and puts excitement into the OS which is what these devices should be about. Enjoying the use of it and having a little fun so it's a mixed bag right now.
    I'm sure it'll get refined, the way Cook and Ive were comparing iOS 7 to the initial release of the OS back in 2007 we just have to look at this as like a 1.0 version then further refinements will be on the way.

Now that they got the redesign out of the way they can work on these features.

Just_Me_D and anon5664829 like this.
    06-10-2013 08:48 PM
    Reminded me of the features found in BB10 and the Playbook from 2 years ago.
    06-10-2013 08:49 PM
    I'm not bindery following a logo if you followed my history here on Mobile Nations you'd see that I started out in Crackberry, an active member there for a year then moved to Android Central for two years and now iMore.

I also started out with an iPhone. So before you accuse someone of blatant fanboy ism maybe check them out first.

I was stating my opinion in that after using Google and Blackberry I decided to come back to Apple because I believe they make superior products and FYI you are in an Apple forum.

Have a nice day!

Well that's good. I'm in the same boat; Blackberry, then iPhone, then Android. However, that's irrelevant when you say you'll take ANYTHING Apple does over things done by Google. If Google made a superior product at a better price and you choose an Apple product purely because of the logo (or vice versa) it is foolish.
    06-10-2013 09:05 PM
    Well that's good. I'm in the same boat; Blackberry, then iPhone, then Android. However, that's irrelevant when you say you'll take ANYTHING Apple does over things done by Google. If Google made a superior product at a better price and you choose an Apple product purely because of the logo (or vice versa) it is foolish.
    Yes it would be but what the fans in the Android camp who blindly follow Google and Samsung or HTC and hate on everything Apple without even giving it a shot.

At least we both have used three of the major OSes. I gladly support Apple because of the quality of their devices and their legendary customer services now if google could make a device that surpasses the elegance and craftsmanship of Apple's products I would be all over but every Android device that has come with the exceptions of the Nexus 4 and HTC ONE, all have fallen short in my book.

Of the four Android phones I used I think the Moto Droid was the best.

06-10-2013 09:28 PM
    Yes it would be but what the fans in the Android camp who blindly follow Google and Samsung or HTC and hate on everything Apple without even giving it a shot.

At least we both have used three of the major OSes. I gladly support Apple because of the quality of their devices and their legendary customer services now if google could make a device that surpasses the elegance and craftsmanship of Apple's products I would be all over but every Android device that has come with the exceptions of the Nexus 4 and HTC ONE, all have fallen short in my book.

Of the four Android phones I used I think the Moto Droid was the best.

Agreed there. Anyone who writes off a device because it's made by "Company XYZ" is an immature consumer as far as I'm concerned.

True. I feel like it's hard to compare if you haven't used them extensively. Those are solid points; Apple's Customer Service is top notch.

The HTC One is actually what I'm using now, solid phone.

Glad I asked you for clarification, because I now agree with most you said of that. Good luck with iOS 7!
    swarlos and anon5664829 like this.
    06-10-2013 10:15 PM
    Reminded me of the features found in BB10 and the Playbook from 2 years ago.
    I'm sure the 100 people that actually bought the Playbook really enjoyed the features...
    06-11-2013 12:52 AM
    I liked Craig the most. He came across as being humble, yet full of that nervous excitement (a refreshing change from Scott's smug and arrogant demeanour). Was looking forward to Ive giving a live keynote though...
    06-11-2013 01:23 AM
    I'm sure the 100 people that actually bought the Playbook really enjoyed the features...
    For a company that copies a 2 year old product that sold 100 units saids a lot.
    06-11-2013 01:23 AM
    Seriously, once I get quick reply for sms and the ability to block phone calls ( we did ) I dont really see the need to jailbreak anymore ( for me ). This would be the perfect set up for a phone.
    06-11-2013 09:09 AM
    Seriously, once I get quick reply for sms and the ability to block phone calls ( we did ) I dont really see the need to jailbreak anymore ( for me ). This would be the perfect set up for a phone.
    I assume (ok, i HOPE) they will add the quick reply and other actionable notifications in later betas. I can't see them putting it in OSX where it's not really needed per se, and not in iOS where it's desperately needed.
    06-11-2013 11:38 PM
    For a company that copies a 2 year old product that sold 100 units saids a lot.
    All jokes aside. Everyone copies everyone else. That's the way it works. The "wow" factor is fading from the smartphone market now due to all the groundbreaking technologies/features being done already. Basically the only thing left to do is slight hardware improvements and the adding of software features, most of which are gimmicky. Look at the GS4 for example, it's loaded with features, but most of them are nothing but useless gimmicks. Do we really need a video to pause when we look away? Do we really need to put our head shot in a little heart over a pic taken with the main camera? Nope.....
    Last edited by GibMcFragger#AC; 06-13-2013 at 10:34 PM.
    06-11-2013 11:42 PM
    Loved the video, now to put it on a shiny new larger screen iPhone.
    06-11-2013 11:52 PM
    All jokes aside. Everyone copies everyone else. That's the way it works. The "wow" factor is fading from the smartphone market now due to all the groundbreaking technologies/features being done already. Basically the only thing left to to is slight hardware improvements and the adding of software features, most of which are gimmicky. Look at the GS4 for example, it's loaded with features, but most of them are nothing but useless gimmicks. Do we really need a video to pause when we look away? Do we really need to put our head shot in a little heart over a pic taken with the main camera? Nope.....
    True, and the fact they just implemented this now does NOT mean Apple hasn't been working on this for years, so the copy argument is just BS
    06-12-2013 12:33 AM
    Here's a thought... with all the gestures in iOS 7... swipe up for control center, swipe down for notification center, swipe left to right in mail to reveal the inboxes... there's likely more... but in any case.... *could* be a sign that the next iphone (5S, 6, whatever) will finally bring the "home button-less" iPhone design...
    anon5664829 likes this.
    06-12-2013 12:39 AM
    Here's a thought... with all the gestures in iOS 7... swipe up for control center, swipe down for notification center, swipe left to right in mail to reveal the inboxes... there's likely more... but in any case.... *could* be a sign that the next iphone (5S, 6, whatever) will finally bring the "home button-less" iPhone design...
    Doesn't quite leave any swipes left to bring up the multitasking bar now ...
    anon5664829 likes this.
    06-12-2013 01:56 AM
    Capacitive.
    06-12-2013 08:58 AM
    Sure it does. Two finger pinch on the home screen (like to make text bigger).
    06-12-2013 09:15 AM
73 123